Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
My votes this year will be for:

Allen Hopkins
"San Jose" Dick McMorran
and
Johnny Ervolino

I'm stingy with my votes so they mean something. That being said I'll probably just vote for Dick & John.

Fanatic

Verified Member
Well this is the second year I am eligible to vote for the HOF ...last year I did not vote and again this year I will recuse myself from voting....Although I know most of the players, I really don't follow their game. I learned from my home court and I know some eligible players but to vote might take away the honor from someone more deserving....I don't want to make it a popularity contest based on "who I know" only.... other than what I've heard here and what I heard from others, I've never actually seen it for myself, and other than what Dennis posts, I've never even watched a video. I was lucky and fortunate to be around really good players, but in reality I've never left my little box of a poolroom....sooooo I can't in good faith vote. In closing I wish all the nominees and players the best and I hope one day I can meet and see you all play....until then I will take my place on the sidelines and remain simply a fan of the game. Good Luck to all.
XOXO

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
That is the Derby City Award. A separate award. It has nothing to do with our HOF After Hours Legend process. That award is given to whomsoever creates the most action at the tourn in DCC.

Beard

I got it now. Thanks for clarifying Beard.

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
onepocket said:
I can't meet every member in person, as much as I would like to. So, I also go by direct correspondence we may have had, referrals from other members, or if you used Paypal or your credit card to purchase or contribute to OnePocket.org, or if you have been active enough in the forums to establish 'identity'.

I understand now. Thank you.

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
I'd like to throw in a few more names into the mix for discussion.

Dan Louie (Saw him at the DCC a few times but don't know if he gambles or plays high level one pocket or banks.)

Bud Hypes
Frank Da Barber

jay helfert

Verified Member
How can Cincinnati Clem not be in the One Pocket HOF? Only one of the two or three best of all time! I think he still plays poker in Vegas, making a living in the smaller games. After him, I would vote for Allen Hopkins next, long acknowledged as one of the best of his era, probably better than several of the guys who are in there already. Allen was one of the rare breed who could win tournaments and would bet high as well.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Clem Metz mother is still living and is said to be 100 years old

I lived in Cincinnati from 1987 until 2003 and never saw or met Clem.

Seems everyone that played pool in the 70s and 80s in Cincinnati knwe Clem or had a story about him.

Definately an 'after hours' kinda guy, from what I heard.

jay helfert said:
How can Cincinnati Clem not be in the One Pocket HOF? Only one of the two or three best of all time! I think he still plays poker in Vegas, making a living in the smaller games. After him, I would vote for Allen Hopkins next, long acknowledged as one of the best of his era, probably better than several of the guys who are in there already. Allen was one of the rare breed who could win tournaments and would bet high as well.

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
hi

hi

fred bentivegna said:
I have no problem with Little Al. I played him 45 yrs ago.

Beard

I would love to see Little Al Romero get in !!

I played him too in a bar and he thought the steer man trapped him .

Just one of those unlucky nights for him , I forgot too miss and needed track money bad .

RTP

I think i'm going for Ervolino first .