Correct Stragety ????

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
wincardona said:
...after all he really is the best storyteller/most knowledgeable player in the world today.:cool: ...
You're obviously giving the Beard the soft needle. However when Fred prints out your statement and frames it, he'll omit the teasing part. The quote might even become prominently displayed on his website...

Doc

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Billy,

There is NO trap here. (other than baiting for an outburst) I am quite sure Fred and I, will never cross swords on a pool table.

I know, I know...I'm the antagonist here. I am just not as good as you are at applying the soft needle... You seem to get away with alternately pissing him off, and then nut hugging..;)

From what I've seen, this has been the basis of your relationship, from day one. (I just have trouble with the N.H. part)

You actually got him started on his last tirade, by disagreeing with him on a stinking WEI shot, and I bore the brunt of his frustration... Now you are assuming the role of DPK..(Designated Peace Keeper) 'sup wi' dat ?

Fred has an all-consuming need, to be "right" on ALL things pool related... In denying him that, at least from my perspective.. I have incurred his wrath, but I do admit to being guilty of "over-needling". (due mainly to the incessant brag)

I actually like Fred, and admire him for his contributions, and the hard work he puts into his writing and DVD's.
If (God forbid) he and I were cast together in the same pool room, in our "dotage"...I would hang on his great stories...but, I would still tell him, to his face, when I thought he was full of s**t, as I'm sure he would me... It could be a double knock-out..:eek:

I don't think I've near approached the animosity, and bitterness, (or name calling) that erupted last year with his "homeboy". Some things were said there, that made even ME cringe.

What is fun for me, is cruel and thoughtless to him, and maybe some of the forum members too...For that, I "humbly" apologise !

In the words of Tiger..."I need to work on being a better person, to my (forum) family"..:cool:

Good observation about the nut hugging, and you're also right about the over-needling part. Years ago my mother told me that you will catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar, so I always try to show a little love which makes me feel good. As far as both you and The Beard, you both have a wealth of knowledge that you can share with our forum members and I myself have learned from players like you and Fred on this site. Hopefully you two guys will get over this mild dispute and get back to showing a little love;)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
gulfportdoc said:
You're obviously giving the Beard the soft needle. However when Fred prints out your statement and frames it, he'll omit the teasing part. The quote might even become prominently displayed on his website...

Doc
That's funny.

No soft needle here, and if you really give it some thought can you name a player or players that excell in both areas more or equal to him?

Grady Mathews and Danny Diliberto come to mind, and wouldn't you know that the three of them are putting on a seminar at the DCC on the 25th of Jan. Admission fee $100. Yes I will be in attendance and so should any one else that loves pool and old stories.:cool:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
That was the least "humble" apology in the history of the forums.
As per my tolerance of Billy I and Artie B, I have known and been around them all my life. I am well past the point of being "stuck" with them, and I have signed on to endure their abuse. They are part of my history and my life. They are pool "family," and I am condemned to put up with them no matter what. Billy, Artie, and I, agree on next to nothing, especially pool wise. Yes, I would have loved to throttle Artie in 2008 (not last year), I often fantasized my hands around his throat, but I had to let it go. Bottom line, if I showed up busted and in trouble, at their door, they wouldn't deny me, and they in turn wouldn't hesitate to ask me for a favor. Loyalty might be the least expensive virtue. Loyalty to my friends, loyalty to the players and hustlers I grew up with, loyalty to Bensingers and Chicago, and loyalty to pool.

Beard

Is that the key...I have to be part of the family to be a "biter or bitee" ?.:rolleyes:

Now I'm really starting to wish I'd grown up in Bensinger's...NOT !!!.:eek: :D :D :D

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
That's funny.

No soft needle here, and if you really give it some thought can you name a player or players that excell in both areas more or equal to him?

Grady Mathews and Danny Diliberto come to mind, and wouldn't you know that the three of them are putting on a seminar at the DCC on the 25th of Jan. Admission fee $100. Yes I will be in attendance and so should any one else that loves pool and old stories.:cool:

Apparently you missed my kind and generous offer, in Fred's "Seminar Promo" post #2, which HE callously ignored..;)

Hurt my feeler's real bad !.:(

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Did anybody think that was funny?

Did anybody think that was funny?

SJDinPHX said:
Apparently you missed my kind and generous offer, in Fred's "Seminar Promo" post #2, which HE callously ignored..;)

Hurt my feeler's real bad !.:(

That post was done in very bad taste the first time, yet you're still dense enough to give it a replay.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
That post was done in very bad taste the first time, yet you're still dense enough to give it a replay.

Beard

It was only in bad taste to YOU Fred, (AKA Mr. Thin Skin) Can't you ever take a f-ing joke, without re-acting like a f-ing spurned primadonna ? It was good natured ribbing, not mean spirited at all.

I think I shall just let you have your superiority complex, it is getting very boring. (and a waste of my ink)...Good luck with it...You seem to need it !

Last edited:

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Freddies Plan

Freddies Plan

so freddy, going back several days you were going to explain your "PLAN" that started with the one rail kick gently into the 14 ball. i realize that there has been many distractions but I for one would like to hear your thinking on the PLAN. if you dont wish to get involved with all the forces on this site i would appreciate it if you would explain it to me on a PM. Freddie thanks in advance for all your imput. Sappo

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Someone still interested. Amazing.

Someone still interested. Amazing.

sappo said:
so freddy, going back several days you were going to explain your "PLAN" that started with the one rail kick gently into the 14 ball. i realize that there has been many distractions but I for one would like to hear your thinking on the PLAN. if you dont wish to get involved with all the forces on this site i would appreciate it if you would explain it to me on a PM. Freddie thanks in advance for all your imput. Sappo

Sappo, I'm long past fighting to put it up on the forum (...too Thin-Skinned, and I cant take a joke), but I'll do a brief for you in a PM.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
Sappo, I'm long past fighting to put it up on the forum (...too Thin-Skinned, and I cant take a joke), but I'll do a brief for you in a PM.

Beard

Keep stirring the pot, Fred...I allready said, you don't have to worry about me criticizing, or trying to joke with you,...ever again.

However, based on your last post, along with your other humble [sic] attributes, I must now add, CHILDISH..:(

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hired a replacement

Hired a replacement

SJDinPHX said:
Keep stirring the pot, Fred...I allready said, you don't have to worry about me criticizing, or trying to joke with you,...ever again.

However, based on your last post, along with your other humble [sic] attributes, I must now add, CHILDISH..:(

In that case, I have just tried to hire Charles Manson to kid me from now on. If that doesnt work out, the Unibomber has offered to amuse me with some fun-filled packages.

Beard