Have we had a "Who's going to the Derby" Thread? This be it

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

You were the one that played it last night Rod or you just mean that's the format you play when you play it? I figured with the ball on the end rail and the slice in your pocket being a hard enough shot that you were allowed to shoot it if you wanted but that adds another level to it now having to play defensive the first shot....

Thanks for the update Mitch! I would figure that TRex was the favorite in that game but who the heck knows...also, wish Hacker good luck for us :)

Will do.

It sounds like they broke even. But fast Eddie said that Tony won 50k last week giving Richie the same game and wants to double the bet when they play again.

My first banks match is at 4:30. I googled the guy and he didn't have his own Wikipedia page so maybe I have a shot 😂😁

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Last night T-Rex was giving RR the breaks for 500 a game. I left at 5:00am to get some rest so I Don't know who won.

I played a local guy last night and broke even. Lot of slide to these tables IMO but the pockets take everything.

Also, at the prodding of Miller, I just got into the Banks since I am here for it. I've never played it before but how hard can it be lol. True dead money. If I win one match I'll be satisfied.

Col Bille is here fresh off his grad school education from JB and Frost and wants to give me 9-7 but I'm ducking him. Fast Eddie is here as well.

The Hacker just drew SVB in the first round of Banks ��.

Tell Hacker I said to shoot Shane's nuts off. You might dog it because of who you are but don't dog it because of who he is.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Will do.

It sounds like they broke even. But fast Eddie said that Tony won 50k last week giving Richie the same game and wants to double the bet when they play again.

My first banks match is at 4:30. I googled the guy and he didn't have his own Wikipedia page so maybe I have a shot ����

If he says Y'all, b careful. I was sailing along pretty well one year until I ran into Tennessee and Mississippi.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

If he says Y'all, b careful. I was sailing along pretty well one year until I ran into Tennessee and Mississippi.

Roger that. Thanks.

Apparently there is a kid from Kuwait playing the young guns and winning some. He played and beat Shannon Murphy last night and them beat Billy Thorpe playing even 9 ball. He is now playing Danny Smith even banks 7 ahead for 7 thousand.

And in tragic news from the Derby.... The Chinese place is closed down 😱😱😱. This is seriously upsetting as I loved that place!

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I will be there some time on Thursday afternoon probably...I am there for all three events... Look forward to meeting some of you that I have not met before and seeing some old friends as well...

Really looking forward to some challenging one pocket...

Bille

I can set you up with Tony Chohan. Or 12 squared.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
You were the one that played it last night Rod or you just mean that's the format you play when you play it? I figured with the ball on the end rail and the slice in your pocket being a hard enough shot that you were allowed to shoot it if you wanted but that adds another level to it now having to play defensive the first shot....

That's the format all the times I've played, when I said we, I'd mentioned playing it in the won/lost thread.

The reason for that safe is the 4rail shot to your pocket, not the cut shot.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Roger that. Thanks.

Apparently there is a kid from Kuwait playing the young guns and winning some. He played and beat Shannon Murphy last night and them beat Billy Thorpe playing even 9 ball. He is now playing Danny Smith even banks 7 ahead for 7 thousand.

And in tragic news from the Derby.... The Chinese place is closed down ������. This is seriously upsetting as I loved that place!

If he loses, he activates his vest.