Say … Do Any Of You Sunnyone-Skeptics Happen To Have Any Gamble?

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
(Insider alert: the House is offering two-to-one on the money!)

Dear Gentle Readers,

Even though $5,000 could be in play here, this is probably one of the more scatterbrained posts you’ll read today. Sorry! That being said …

A couple of pals - - well, four actually - - have mentioned that a few of you more dubious posters have voiced some rather ill-mannered suspicions about me. Translation: am I really a girl?

Yes, I am.

Care to bet? That I’m not?

I will agree that gender-doubts can be kind of understandable. There really aren’t that many girls in the world of pool compared to, well, boys.

(Also, there does seem to be a rather robust contingent of hustlers, scammers, scalawags, cheaters, gonifs, liars, fraudsters, con artists, swindlers, and other sketchy types in our fascinating little demi-monde. Ergo, some of you could - - perhaps reasonably - - conclude that I’m not over-burdened with the truth.)

Well, let’s find out!

So … how, precisely, would my Sunny-is-really-the-girl-she-claims-to-be wager unfold?

Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!

I’ll attempt to demonstrate that I was born - - and jauntily remain! - - female. And, I’ll try to substantiate said claims.

Your only contribution to this modest endeavor is to back up your rather churlish allegations with your billfold. I cheerfully invite you to commit to a wager on the subject. A significant (to me, anyway!) wager. Please do try to remember that the money is two-to-one in your favor!

Am I willing to bet it up?

Short answer: yes.

Sitrep: I’ve been pretty fortunate over the past nine-plus years. I’ve had a rather jolly sprint with my little consulting business. I now have three offices: NYC, San Francisco and Hong Kong. (Okay, Hong Kong is still in an investment posture, but it’s inching closer to break-even.)

My banker - - and she’s no pushover! - - has outlined a few simple parameters regarding my proposal:

1) Minimum commitment? From you?

A coolio round number of $5,000. Double that from me and it would come to … well, you can probably math it out!

2) Money guarantee?

As charming as the ‘post it over the light’ custom may be, my banker suggests a more traditional habitat. The week any one of you Doubting Tommys places your 5 gees in a secured Citi escrow account, my $10,000 will follow. Neither deposit would be in play until both sums are posted.

Naturellement, there would be a few tedious details necessary to safeguard our mutual investments. My banker will share with your banker the minutiae of the legal and fiscal covenants.

3) Proof of gender?

I’ll do a FaceTime chat with you. Don’t have an Apple device? I’ll spring for one. (Well, after your escrow deposit clears. And mine.) Skype? Hmm, no … let’s stay with a native Apple app.

Put up $10,000? Or more? I’ll fly you and the companion of your preference to NYC or San Francisco or Hong Kong (your choice of the city, my choice of the date), en-suite you in style and treat you to one of the finest dégustation menus of your life. Accompanied, natch, by pairings of sommelier-blessed wines. Woo-woo!

4) Further authentication?

My attorney - - okay, she’s actually a paralegal pal who works in my dad’s firm - - will provide documentation through that same Citi escrow account.

You and your legal agent will have visual access to copies of my birth certificate, state photo ID (so I don’t have a drivers license, so bite me!), education credentials starting with The Spence School and continuing through a couple of Seven Sisters institutions.

Plus certified affidavits from … well, from almost anyone your attorney thinks is reasonably appropriate to the mission. (Q: Do you really wanna go head-to-head with my mom? A: No, probably not.)

5) Altruism?

My winnings will go to an NYC shelter for women and children which my family supports. Since it’s a 501(c)(3) organization, you’ll receive the documentation necessary to qualify for a tax-deductible contribution to this eminently worthwhile organization.

If you win (heh heh), do whatever you want with the loot!

6) Reality slap?

Ow! My cheek!

Do I, in my most fevered of fever dreams, actually expect any of you laddies to step up? Nope. Wish you would, really wish you would. But … nope.

Chin up … merrily trying to meet and exceed expectations is my life,

Sunny

P. S. I was told that one poster, apparently pleased with himself, asked whether I sported boxers or briefs. Friendly suggestion? You might want to consider gingerly dipping your toe into the lifestream of our current millennium … girls have been wearing both for quite some time.

You are most welcome.

P. P. S. Someone else - - a long time ago and I can’t remember exactly who he was - - promised to kiss my butt (ew!) in public (double ew!) if I am, in fact, a girl. Sir … you are hereby legally, morally, ethically and enthusiastically relieved of said obligation.

Whew!

P. P. P. S. You professional gamblers - - you real gamblers out there - - can tell me … have I overplayed my hand? Is $5,000 too much? Does it seem like a faux offer to discourage responders? Should I have started smaller and tried to up the bet? My amateurish thinking was that several boys could pool their resources if no singleton would step up.

Or … is $5,000 so insignificant that it’s hardly worth a major player’s time? I started with $20,000 in mind, tiptoed it down to $10,000 and somehow ended up with $5,000.

Finally … does my proposal seem a bit needy? Too eager?

Okay … yes, my life is a bit out of sync these days. I used to have a perfectly fine boyfriend, now I don’t. But I will, one of these days soon, regain my equilibrium.

All of the above doubts being noted, the wager is still sur la table.

Sunny. A girl.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Dear Gentle Readers,

Even though $5,000 could be in play here, this is probably one of the more scatterbrained posts you’ll read today. Sorry! That being said …

A couple of pals - - well, four actually - - have mentioned that a few of you more dubious posters have voiced some rather ill-mannered suspicions about me. Translation: am I really a girl?

Yes, I am.

Sunny. A girl.

my dear sunnyone, (aka 'I no ever reply')....sorry for killing your action - not..but I'm afraid you've inadvertently woken that sleeping giant of forum-pics-posting fame - The One Pocket Ghost..:eek:...that said..a coupla years ago I posted up a pic of you (and a quite fetching pic it is, I might add) which proves incontestably, that you are indeed, a girl (guess Freddy musta never saw the pic)...that pic was posted (#7) in the thread that I created showing actual pics of our esteemed onepocket.org members, so as to put a face to many of the names on here...so for any of the members ;) who may have forgotten said pic of sunnyone (which I obtained btw, from a New York friend of mine who happened to know who sunnyone is), and for the newer members who weren't on the site back then..I am dutifully re-posting that pic ------>

- Ghost

PS, And in this pic sunnyone is looking sartorially splendid - as I would expect from the avid reader of the Sunday New York Times style section who daydreams of attending a runway show and sitting between Anna Wintour and Chloe Sevigny, that I feel certain sunnyone is...:eek:

PPS, And for those of you who never saw the original 'Pics of onepocket.org members' thread, I am also re-posting it - you'll find it interesting to put faces to all of the names on here that you hold near and dear...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• a a SUNNYONE.jpg
    a a SUNNYONE.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Say … Do Any Of You Sunnyone-Skeptics Happen To Have Any Gamble?

Talk about showing your a$$....

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
my dear sunnyone, (aka 'I no ever reply')....sorry for killing your action - not..but I'm afraid you've inadvertently woken that sleeping giant of forum-pics-posting fame - The One Pocket Ghost..:eek:...that said..a coupla years ago I posted up a pic of you (and a quite fetching pic it is, I might add) which proves incontestably, that you are indeed, a girl (guess Freddy musta never saw the pic)...that pic was posted (#7) in the thread that I created showing actual pics of our esteemed onepocket.org members, so as to put a face to many of the names on here...so for any of the members ;) who may have forgotten said pic of sunnyone (which I obtained btw, from a New York friend of mine who happened to know who sunnyone is), and for the newer members who weren't on the site back then..I am dutifully re-posting that pic ------>

- Ghost

PS, And in this pic sunnyonCharles Gibson ... /acorn_watch_a_sting-ing_indictment_of_media_hypocrisy?page=full&comments=truee is looking sartorially splendid - as I would expect from the avid reader of the Sunday New York Times style section who daydreams of attending a runway show and sitting between Anna Wintour and Chloe Sevigny, that I feel certain sunnyone is...:eek:

PPS, And for those of you who never saw the original 'Pics of onepocket.org members' thread, I am also re-posting it - you'll find it interesting to put faces to all of the names on here that you hold near and dear...:rolleyes:

Talk about splitting the wicket, I've never seen a finer split.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Now thats what i'm talking about! Best post you ever made--and the only one i read all the way thru. Thats the kind of stuff that gets you considered for the secret society. I hate to admit it but i got very turned on, so that is a sure indication that you are playing for the right side.
Sorry to have doubted you.
Beard

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Sunnyone; My good friend Freddy "The Beard" is traveling on a train to NYC, He asked me to reply on his behalf. "He is truly impressed with your reply to his playful inquiries, to whether you ride side-saddle or not. He couldn't and wouldn't, once you did decide to reply to someone, that it would be NO less then what appears here.

In fact He's soooo more impressed with you, He's instructed me to offer you an, "Honorary" membership into the, "Secret Society! As you have just informed us all, of your 3 locations of business, and one of them being NYC, He's hoping You'll be in the "Big Apple" on the Thursday, April 10th. to attend his book signing party. Here's a copy of the invitation.

View attachment 9739

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
She finally took the heat. Showed she was human. I certainly applied enough needlework to her.�� She woofed back like a real pool room habitue (put that in the vocabulary thread.
Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Fred, I told you all along that she was a gal, and probably a doll at that!;) You're just a "doubting Beardster". If the planets are lined up properly, maybe she'll come by to meet you in NYC.:cool:

Doc

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Let me see if I am understanding this correctly. You offer to bet any of us your $10000 to our $5000 that you are a natural-born female and your only offers of proof (ignoring for a moment that we don't know your name or what you look like) are:

sunnyone said:
I’ll attempt to demonstrate that I was born - - and jauntily remain! - - female. And, I’ll try to substantiate said claims.

3) Proof of gender?

I’ll do a FaceTime chat with you. Don’t have an Apple device? I’ll spring for one. (Well, after your escrow deposit clears. And mine.) Skype? Hmm, no … let’s stay with a native Apple app.

My attorney - - okay, she’s actually a paralegal pal who works in my dad’s firm - - will provide documentation through that same Citi escrow account.

You and your legal agent will have visual access to copies of my birth certificate, state photo ID (so I don’t have a drivers license, so bite me!), education credentials starting with The Spence School and continuing through a couple of Seven Sisters institutions.

Plus certified affidavits from … well, from almost anyone your attorney thinks is reasonably appropriate to the mission. (Q: Do you really wanna go head-to-head with my mom? A: No, probably not.)

For $5000 you should demonstrate, not attempt to demonstrate. For $5000 you should substantiate, not try to substantiate.

How is your Apple device going to prove anything?

How is your paralegal pal going to prove anything through an escrow account?

How is your state photo ID, birth certificate, or anything else going to prove anything when we don't know your name or what you look like.

Your post is total gibberish, much like everything else you write here.

Carry on.

P.S. I quit caring long ago what you were. I already know.

D.

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Dear Gentle Readers,

Yes, I am.

I will agree that gender-doubts can be kind of understandable. There really aren’t that many girls in the world of pool compared to, well, boys.

(Also, there does seem to be a rather robust contingent of hustlers, scammers, scalawags, cheaters, gonifs, liars, fraudsters, con artists, swindlers, and other sketchy types in our fascinating little demi-monde. Ergo, some of you could - - perhaps reasonably - - conclude that I’m not over-burdened with the truth.)

Well, let’s find out!

So … how, precisely, would my Sunny-is-really-the-girl-she-claims-to-be wager unfold?

Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!

Your only contribution to this modest endeavor is to back up your rather churlish allegations with your billfold. I cheerfully invite you to commit to a wager on the subject. A significant (to me, anyway!) wager. Please do try to remember that the money is two-to-one in your favor!

Am I willing to bet it up?

Short answer: yes.

Sitrep: I’ve been pretty fortunate over the past nine-plus years. I’ve had a rather jolly sprint with my little consulting business. I now have three offices: NYC, San Francisco and Hong Kong. (Okay, Hong Kong is still in an investment posture, but it’s inching closer to break-even.)

My banker - - and she’s no pushover! - - has outlined a few simple parameters regarding my proposal:

1) Minimum commitment? From you?

A coolio round number of $5,000. Double that from me and it would come to … well, you can probably math it out!

2) Money guarantee?

As charming as the ‘post it over the light’ custom may be, my banker suggests a more traditional habitat. The week any one of you Doubting Tommys places your 5 gees in a secured Citi escrow account, my $10,000 will follow. Neither deposit would be in play until both sums are posted.

Naturellement, there would be a few tedious details necessary to safeguard our mutual investments. My banker will share with your banker the minutiae of the legal and fiscal covenants.

3) Proof of gender?

Put up $10,000? Or more? I’ll fly you and the companion of your preference to NYC or San Francisco or Hong Kong (your choice of the city, my choice of the date), en-suite you in style and treat you to one of the finest dégustation menus of your life. Accompanied, natch, by pairings of sommelier-blessed wines. Woo-woo!

5) Altruism?

My winnings will go to an NYC shelter for women and children which my family supports. Since it’s a 501(c)(3) organization, you’ll receive the documentation necessary to qualify for a tax-deductible contribution to this eminently worthwhile organization.

If you win (heh heh), do whatever you want with the loot!

6) Reality slap?

Ow! My cheek!

Do I, in my most fevered of fever dreams, actually expect any of you laddies to step up? Nope. Wish you would, really wish you would. But … nope.

Chin up … merrily trying to meet and exceed expectations is my life,

Sunny

P. S. I was told that one poster, apparently pleased with himself, asked whether I sported boxers or briefs. Friendly suggestion? You might want to consider gingerly dipping your toe into the lifestream of our current millennium … girls have been wearing both for quite some time.

You are most welcome.

P. P. S. Someone else - - a long time ago and I can’t remember exactly who he was - - promised to kiss my butt (ew!) in public (double ew!) if I am, in fact, a girl. Sir … you are hereby legally, morally, ethically and enthusiastically relieved of said obligation.

Whew!

P. P. P. S. You professional gamblers - - you real gamblers out there - - can tell me … have I overplayed my hand? Is $5,000 too much? Does it seem like a faux offer to discourage responders? Should I have started smaller and tried to up the bet? My amateurish thinking was that several boys could pool their resources if no singleton would step up.

Or … is $5,000 so insignificant that it’s hardly worth a major player’s time? I started with $20,000 in mind, tiptoed it down to $10,000 and somehow ended up with $5,000.

Finally … does my proposal seem a bit needy? Too eager?

Okay … yes, my life is a bit out of sync these days. I used to have a perfectly fine boyfriend, now I don’t. But I will, one of these days soon, regain my equilibrium.

All of the above doubts being noted, the wager is still sur la table.

Sunny. A girl.

Are you still moaning about that damn boyfriend from a couple of years ago, or did you get dumped again? What kind of consulting do you do?? Did your daddy set you up with that? What's your fathers name?? At least tell us that so we can have something to go on. I'm thinking of taking this bet. I'm dying to go to Hong Kong anyway. I want to also swing by Bartons shop if it's not more than a couple of thousand miles out of the way. I'm so excited. I can't freaking wait. Holler back...

ps I gotta hit it one time before I pay off

Pss. I'll teach you honey. I'll teach you how to drive too. Maybe you can get your license one day..

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Are you still moaning about that damn boyfriend from a couple of years ago, or did you get dumped again? What kind of consulting do you do?? Did your daddy set you up with that? What's your fathers name?? At least tell us that so we can have something to go on. I'm thinking of taking this bet. I'm dying to go to Hong Kong anyway. I want to also swing by Bartons shop if it's not more than a couple of thousand miles out of the way. I'm so excited. I can't freaking wait. Holler back...

Pss. I'll teach you honey. I'll teach you how to drive too. Maybe you can get your license one day..

JB,

We've had our differences through the years but the truth is the truth; this is the greatest thing you've ever written on any forum (except maybe Penthouse:p).

Dennis

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Really?

Really?

Dear Gentle Readers,

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Forgot to take my meds again

My Delusional Narcissistic Personality Disorder is back in full force and running rampant

I am extremely needy

I used to have a perfectly fine boyfriend, but he slit his wrists after knowing me 5 min when he realized what a dizzy bitch I was.

I will never regain my equilibrium because I am clueless to the fact that no one except my mother is impressed with my dimwit and wordplay.

Sunny. A Eunic

Get over yourself honey

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post

JB,

We've had our differences through the years but the truth is the truth; this is the greatest thing you've ever written on any forum (except maybe Penthouse:p).

Dennis

I am shamefully forced to agree.

Beard

Jimmy B

Verified Member
JB,

Dennis

I am shamefully forced to agree.

Beard[/QUOTE]

Well thanks, guys. We have to poke a little at Sunnyone. It's expected of us. But this week is all about New York so good luck Beard...

Landing in The Big Apple

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
...For $5000 you should demonstrate, not attempt to demonstrate. For $5000 you should substantiate, not try to substantiate...
D.

Since we have two doctors in the house, GulfPortDoc and Cardone, they should be enlisted to make a professional examination and finally put this mystery behind us.