viewers

Ross Keith Thompson

Verified Member
From
madisonville, texas
I've noticed the last few times I pulled up this site there was 3 or 4 hundred of you on! That is pretty cool!

When I first got on one pocket forum, there were only 20 to 30 people on most nights. Tonight there was 423 of you. Is this site growing or what?

Being i'm on here I might as well ask if any of you (my friends) ever got to see One Eyed Tony from Oklahoma play. Did he play one pocket at all?

He was a top niner from the late sixties and seventies. Watched Cole Dickson beat on him for 4 to 5 hours, got Tony 1200 stuck at forty a game. Tony came back with a vengeance and broke even with Cole.

Had a front row seat to the match. One of the best matches I've ever seen. It was 1970 Johnston City and the back room action was second to no other in the history of the world.

Only a hand full of the top players didn't show. Even Fatts was there!

Fatts stayed busy playing Ritchie Florence a good many nights in the tourney room getting 9 to 7 from Ritchie. I know there was a thread some time back on this particular game on how much Ritchie was spotting Fatts.

Even though that game was a big one so to speak, there were other great matches nightly in the back rooms or the show bar.

What ever happened to One Eyed Tony? Did he play other games well like I think he could. He definitely was a hall of fame caliber player with his nine ball game.

beatle

Verified Member
yea they all heard ghost was away so came on the forum. it will come back to normal when he comes home with his sunburned a--.

:) everybody happy now

as for that tony howard guy, he was a true top player. banker and one pocket, mostly the best bar player from the Appalachian area. traveled everywhere. i think he had one of those crooked eyes that didnt sit straight and he wasnt truely one eyed. i never ran into him personally just knew of him although he was in florida when i was there.