Wwykd

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I disagree with your opponent here. I believe you shot the right shot but try hard not to let the OB tickey off the other ball. If it tickeys (sp) and doesn't fall you will have given up a good bank on the other ball. If you happen to make your ball you win, hang it up and you are in the one hole. A very happy place to be especially with so many balls up table and out of play.

Playing strong players you must be willing to take a few added risks. Those players will not be surrendering many easy opportunities.

Tom

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
You need 2 and are playing a world class player on a table he knows well. I say this because if you leave him a bank, he's extremely likely to make it and get shape! Also, because (I don't have a full table picture, sorry) but there are like 12 balls on the table (because you are on the receiving end of a big spot), all the ones you don't see are uptable, some jammed up, but also some spread out enough to where there are no 1, 2, or 3 railers, and nowhere to hide up table.

He just hung a ball in his pocket.

Finally, the picture might not show this accurately, because it is a re-enactment, but you are playing with very tight pockets, so there is enough rail for the 7 to be banked and not catch the pocket.

What is the correct play here? WWYD?

I think you should have made the 14 and put the cueball uptable. You are getting 12-7 (you don't give his score so we don't know how many he needs) and he allowed you to put 9 balls uptable even though he is a "world class" player. I think you have the best of the game if this is a regular occurrence.

You have outplayed him to this point so keep your edge.

Dennis

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If I need 2 from here and he needs 10+ I am shooting the 5 at my hole. I dont even care if I make it, I am banking it a little longer to be near my hole and possibly mess his combo bank up. Yea he will make the 14 and maybe get shape to run a few but if he leaves me a shot I am out so he will have to use up a turn to try and clear my pocket of balls.