One year anniversary

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'd like to take a moment to thank Steve for founding this site and governing it with a stern yet gentle hand. The members here, are for the most part genuine and sincere, and have the best interests of the game of one pocket at heart.

I have been a member here for a year this month and I'm truly glad to have found a forum dedicated to the advancement and betterment of the game of one pocket.

When I joined it was just really out of curiosity, I suppose I just wanted to touch base with my past, perhaps find a kindred spirit from the old days when I was playing for a living. Maybe a stroll down memory lane or tell a road story or two. At that time, I had no interest in pool, I hadn't played in 43 years and had no intention of ever playing again.

I found more, I discovered a living forum, a room filled with people who care about the game of one pocket and are willing to share their knowledge of the greatest pool game ever invented. A well earned knowledge they gained through hard years of experience as road players. I say thank you to these people, thank you for making me feel at home here and rekindling my interest in pool. It's been a great year back at the pool room and I'm looking forward to learning lots more in the future.

Thanks to all,

Jeff Sparks

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Agreed! Not sure what I'd do without 1p.org, keep up the good work Steve. 50 years from now this will be one helluva archive to have.

I'd like to take a moment to thank Steve for founding this site and governing it with a stern yet gentle hand. The members here, are for the most part genuine and sincere, and have the best interests of the game of one pocket at heart.

I have been a member here for a year this month and I'm truly glad to have found a forum dedicated to the advancement and betterment of the game of one pocket.

When I joined it was just really out of curiosity, I suppose I just wanted to touch base with my past, perhaps find a kindred spirit from the old days when I was playing for a living. Maybe a stroll down memory lane or tell a road story or two. At that time, I had no interest in pool, I hadn't played in 43 years and had no intention of ever playing again.

I found more, I discovered a living forum, a room filled with people who care about the game of one pocket and are willing to share their knowledge of the greatest pool game ever invented. A well earned knowledge they gained through hard years of experience as road players. I say thank you to these people, thank you for making me feel at home here and rekindling my interest in pool. It's been a great year back at the pool room and I'm looking forward to learning lots more in the future.

Thanks to all,

Jeff Sparks

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Good story, Jeff. I hadn't realized that participating in 1p.o had dragged your butt back into the pool rooms!;) You've certainly become a solid asset to the site.

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Good story, Jeff. I hadn't realized that participating in 1p.o had dragged your butt back into the pool rooms!;) You've certainly become a solid asset to the site.

~Doc
Thanks Doc,

As always Doc you make everyone feel good, you are quite the asset here yourself, and your opinions are a valued part of OP.O

I'm hoping you have a change of heart and decide to show up in a day or so to be with the gang, you know you don't have to play in it to have a good time! Just think how much money you're missing out on by not playing LS John!!!:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
happy anniversary jeff
you have become a much valued addition to the site
your shot choices and explanations have taught me alot
i have enjoyed the road stories
and
you are mainly responsible for giving the senior generation a tournament
to compete in and commisserate with their colleagues
let me say thank you
:)
larry

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
happy anniversary jeff
you have become a much valued addition to the site
your shot choices and explanations have taught me alot
i have enjoyed the road stories
and
you are mainly responsible for giving the senior generation a tournament
to compete in and commisserate with their colleagues
let me say thank you
:)
larry

My pleasure Larry,

I can read between the lines, you are the real deal, you love this game as much as anyone here, perhaps more, and you are always backing up that love with action on the site.

One day I hope to shake your hand and say thank you in person.

I'm off to the pool room to see if I can compete with the Barbers assault.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Just think how much money you're missing out on by not playing LS John!!!:)

&#*%@ *&^#$%^! :frus :frus :frus

I'm gonna take that 2 hunnert and send half each to the Black Panthers and the Klan... from you!

(I might even throw in an extra 50 for Al Qaeda.) :D

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Thanks to all,

Jeff Sparks

I take pride in being the first person (I think) to warn you that if you hung around here much you'd get hooked again, and I've gotten a lot of pleasure because I was right.

You getting Rizzo and Richardson on board for this Ol' Folks one pocket forces me to forgive you for your nasty disposition. (How did you ever snag that lady?)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

Thanks to all,
Jeff Sparks

It's been fun discussing, analyzing, criticing, playing and coaching.
Glad to see you back around the scene.
Your Pal

Jimmy B

Verified Member
You are a great poster and you also know your movies, so you are definitely good to go. Good luck in the event...

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Great thread. It's people like you... Posts like this and 1P.org keep the game and fun alive.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
... I'm hoping you have a change of heart and decide to show up in a day or so to be with the gang, you know you don't have to play in it to have a good time! Just think how much money you're missing out on by not playing LS John!!!:)
Thanks, Jeff. But lately I can't see for sh*t. I'm getting my eye fixed in a couple of months, so I'll be ready to come over and give y'all a hard time in October.

As far as John, I'll probably see him in Nawlins for the 1P. I don't know about playing him, though. I heard he gets awful nasty during competition...;)

~Doc