Jack Breit vs. Bob Osborne 1991 Legend Of One-Pocket-Philadelphia Style

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The more I look at this lay out the more I wouldn't want to be in Red's spot.:confused: Rod's shot is very difficult to execute from the angle shown, but Reds in deep trouble and something special needs to be done. Regardless of the shot Red chooses it will be risky in some way.

Very good shot Mr.Osborne.;)

Billy I.

bstroud

Verified Member
I like the thin on the 6 take out the 5 shot.

Red's in a real trap and just has to take a chance.
If successful on this shot he's back in the game.

The only other good option is an intentional.

Bill S.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wgcp said:
Glad someone else said intentional foul... I was thinking it would get me to the next shot...

Bille

Only trouble is Bille, unless you can freeze him on the bottom of the 5 ball, you are going to be as bad, or worse off on your next shot...For sure, you will be back up on the end rail...I think now is the time to gamble, and I think Red would, in that spot... I sure would... C'mon Dennis...Stop milking it, and play it out... You can blow snow (or whatever it is you're blowing) later...:rolleyes:

Duckinator <---Thinks, Dennis thinks, he is Alfred Hitchcock !!!..:eek:

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Looks to me that Red might have a good angle to get out of the trap with this shot >>>

- Ghost

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3GWBX3HAUJ3NAMc1PVMc3cAUJ3cBKQ3iAMc4iBlp4iGQT1kVMc3kAsy3kbqK3kXwm@[/CUETABLE]

bstroud

Verified Member
I played 100's of hours of 20 dollar one pocket with Red and he liked the crossover banks and hit them well so I think he would thin the 6.

I would like to know what he did?

Bill S.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Only trouble is Bille, unless you can freeze him on the bottom of the 5 ball, you are going to be as bad, or worse off on your next shot...For sure, you will be back up on the end rail...I think now is the time to gamble, and I think Red would, in that spot... I sure would... C'mon Dennis...Stop milking it, and play it out... You can blow snow (or whatever it is you're blowing) later...:rolleyes:

Duckinator <---Thinks, Dennis thinks, he is Alfred Hitchcock !!!..:eek:
Dear "Aythya Americana(girl who took my cherry)" Breath,

First of all, I'm not that thin:Alfred+Hitchcock.jpg

Second of all, maybe someone besides you would like to comment on the layout before I show what Jack shot.

Third of all, the photos are deceiving, he hit this real good and it was very close but you cannot really see this possibility from the two pics I posted.

Jack's Shot.jpg
Jack's Leave.Jpeg

Cowboy "Anas Clypeata" Dennis

timdog24

Verified Member
wincardona said:
With this view it looks like the bank can't be made, but it's still a good take out shot. I would shoot the shot with a med. soft speed to get as little movement with the 6 as possible and focus on the hit to take out the 5 ball.

In regard to the soft kick on the 5 ball, this angle now shows that that shot is more of a risk and possibly an intentional is a better option. With the intentional you figure to be back in trouble on your next shot so of the two shots I like Rods shot the best shooting off the 6 ball and taking the 5 ball out, providing the soft kick on the 5 ball is not available.

Billy I.

How about crossing the 1-ball, sending the cue ball in between the 5 and 6 and then to the bottom rail. Tough to tell if the angle is laying right.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
timdog24 said:
How about crossing the 1-ball, sending the cue ball in between the 5 and 6 and then to the bottom rail. Tough to tell if the angle is laying right.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Third of all, the photos are deceiving, he hit this real good and it was very close but you cannot really see this possibility from the two pics I posted.

I stand corrected:eek: .

RBL

bstroud

Verified Member
I had no thought about playing it that way but I see the logic.

If you hit it thick you will probably hit the 6 ball and get safe.
If you hit it thin you will hit the 5 ball. He hit it perfect.

From this pic I can see that thinning the 6 is not possible. The kiss is too close.

Just in case anyone is interested, that double kiss shot in the video into your own pocket? Red taught me that shot 50 years ago along with about 1000 others. I miss him and all his pool knowledge.

Thanks,

Bill S.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
maybe someone besides you would like to comment on the layout before I show what Jack shot.

Dear HitchCOCK breath...

Everyone has commented at least 3 times, Alfred......Oh, what a surprise...the photos are "decieving",..How unusual.:rolleyes: .

Then stop posting decieving shots,you doorknob...Are you sure your not an alien invader ???.:confused:

Duckinator <---Now thinks Greencrap, is worse than WEI junk...:eek:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Dear HitchCOCK breath...

Everyone has commented at least 3 times, Alfred......Oh, what a surprise...the photos are "decieving",..How unusual.:rolleyes: .

Then stop posting decieving shots,you doorknob...Are you sure your not an alien invader ???.:confused:

Duckinator <---Now thinks Greencrap, is worse than WEI junk...:eek:
Ducky,

If you want some non-deceieving pics I have some from SJD vs. Joyner that I haven't shown yet:p .

Cowboy "just tryin' to help" Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ducky,

If you want some non-deceieving pics I have some from SJD vs. Joyner that I haven't shown yet:p .

Cowboy "just tryin' to help" Dennis
i dont know dennis
its rumored you have other "pics" that dont decieve just show the "naked truth":eek: :D

:rolleyes:

treeMan

Verified Member
no that easy?

no that easy?

For the life of me I can't figure out how he made this (second) shot. First of all, it looks like a dead kiss crossing the 1-ball. Secondly, with the cueball coming down from that angle, I can't figure out the kind of hit that would be required to miss/get below the 6-ball, besides thining the 1-ball.

He must have had some kind of pure in his follow stroke to get that result, I guess.

Am I missing something here (i.e. is it easier than I think)?

Cowboy Dennis said:

Thanks Dennis for continuing to post interesting situation threads.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
treeMan said:
For the life of me I can't figure out how he made this (second) shot. First of all, it looks like a dead kiss crossing the 1-ball. Secondly, with the cueball coming down from that angle, I can't figure out the kind of hit that would be required to miss/get below the 6-ball, besides thining the 1-ball.

He must have had some kind of pure in his follow stroke to get that result, I guess.

Thanks Dennis for continuing to post interesting situation threads.

Although it doesn't look like a kiss to me, it's amazing to get between those two balls.
Rod.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
treeMan said:

It looks like because the 1-ball could be shot straight into the corner pocket, there is no kiss. I think Red may have been trying to have the CB kick the 7-ball away from the pocket.

From that distance and speed there would be maximum follow by the CB, so the stroke wouldn't be that important.

Red went on to win the match, but I don't know what happened after this shot.

Doc