Bucktooth and Ronnie Allen Tape?

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Hi All,

I was hoping someone here would be able to shed some light on this...I was told that there was a tape of Bucktooth and Ronnie Allen playing 1-pocket with the spot being like 1-2 or 2-3 (can't remember what the guy said who mentioned it to me). I would love to see this tape if it exists, especially if the players were mic'd just for the pure entertainment value.

1) Do any of you know if it even exists?
2) If so, is there a way I could purchase it w/contact info?

Thanks,
Dave

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Hi All,

I was hoping someone here would be able to shed some light on this...I was told that there was a tape of Bucktooth and Ronnie Allen playing 1-pocket with the spot being like 1-2 or 2-3 (can't remember what the guy said who mentioned it to me). I would love to see this tape if it exists, especially if the players were mic'd just for the pure entertainment value.

1) Do any of you know if it even exists?
2) If so, is there a way I could purchase it w/contact info?

Thanks,
Dave

I may see the Tooth this weekend at CA Billiards and will ask him. I know they played a few times but do not know if there is a tape.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Pat Fleming has told me he has some tapes in his vault that no one has seen. He mentioned some ones that included RA. I don't know if they have been since destroyed.
But there is an old Grady vs Efren money match. One camera overhead. Pretty amazing stuff as you can hear Grady jawing at Efren.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Pat Fleming has told me he has some tapes in his vault that no one has seen. He mentioned some ones that included RA. I don't know if they have been since destroyed.
But there is an old Grady vs Efren money match. One camera overhead. Pretty amazing stuff as you can hear Grady jawing at Efren.

"Efren, don't stand in my line of vision every shot..." :) I have seen this video many times, it's very entertaining. I love Efren's first 3 shots of the set!

Thanks. The person who mentioned the tape of Tooth and Ronnie said he talked to Pat and he didn't have it that's why I'm asking.

Here's to finding this treasure!

Dave

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
"Efren, don't stand in my line of vision every shot..." :) I have seen this video many times, it's very entertaining. I love Efren's first 3 shots of the set!

Thanks. The person who mentioned the tape of Tooth and Ronnie said he talked to Pat and he didn't have it that's why I'm asking.

Here's to finding this treasure!

Dave

Yeah, Efren buries his ass several times with touchy three-cushion type angles. As I recall, it appeared to me Efren was still learning the game at that point. He could stick you anywhere he wanted, but didn't seem to understand the value of promoting a ball to scoring position *and* sticking you. YMMV.

jackdempsey

I asked Bucktooth last night and he didn't recall a taping of him and Ronnie. "We did play back in the 50's...only guy ever beat me one handed! Not Miami, not anyone else but him"

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
OK, it looks like this has gone as far as it will go. I want to thank everyone for their contribution to my trying to locate a tape of this match, if it exists at all. If anyone learns more, please respond to this thread. I have reached out to Jay Helfert to see if he's aware of anything and he said he would ask around. I will let everyone know if anything turns up.

Thanks again,
Dave

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
OK, it looks like this has gone as far as it will go. I want to thank everyone for their contribution to my trying to locate a tape of this match, if it exists at all. If anyone learns more, please respond to this thread. I have reached out to Jay Helfert to see if he's aware of anything and he said he would ask around. I will let everyone know if anything turns up.

Thanks again,
Dave

Please keep me in mind if anything materializes.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

Thanks again,
Dave

The two times I saw them play this game was in Vegas. Very entertaining for the spectators. No seating, everyone just stood around the table. A lot of side bets before each game.
Not to say it wasn't on the square but I sure got lucky with my bets. I kept them small to make sure I got them in.
I don't remember anyone with a video camera. It would have had to have been one of them giant ones that sat on your shoulder.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
The two times I saw them play this game was in Vegas. Very entertaining for the spectators. No seating, everyone just stood around the table. A lot of side bets before each game.
Not to say it wasn't on the square but I sure got lucky with my bets. I kept them small to make sure I got them in.
I don't remember anyone with a video camera. It would have had to have been one of them giant ones that sat on your shoulder.

:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:lol

Thanks for sharing. I was PM'd something similar and they thought this may have been the case (...Not to say...).

Dave