Red Shoe One Pocket and Banks

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Red Shoe Billiards, in greater Chicago land, held a Bank Pool event yesterday, and a One Pocket event today.

They had 31 players in Banks, with a $50 entry fee. Danny Harriman is reported to have won, with Glenn Piggy Banks Rogers taking second, Marco Marquez third, and 'Hawk' 4th. ( <--- I'm wondering who 'Hawk' is)

Today's turnout on this holiday weekend was 16 players for One Pocket. When I called, the finals stood at 1-1 in a race to 4 as Danny Harriman was facing off against Ike Runnels for the top spot. John Zaksas and Glenn Rogers tied for 3/4.

That's at least the second recent One Pocket event at Red Shoe, I wonder if they will make this a regular thing, along with the Bank Pool. Seems like the Banks drew real well.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Red Shoes Banks

Red Shoes Banks

Steve,
This was a stellar field for Bank Pool. You stopped short on the results. I came in fifth. Not bad for an old broken-down banker. I got beat by Marco. Hawk is a black player from Peoria, IL. He plays good. Piggy finally knocked him out.
the Beard

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
fred bentivegna said:
Steve,
This was a stellar field for Bank Pool. You stopped short on the results. I came in fifth. Not bad for an old broken-down banker. I got beat by Marco. Hawk is a black player from Peoria, IL. He plays good. Piggy finally knocked him out.
the Beard

Did my "Old" buddy, Zaksas play in the banks too, Freddy?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
fred bentivegna said:
Steve,
the Beard
That's a good showing Freddy! No doubt you got beat by a guy who has learned a lot from you over the years :)

I don't know how your eyes are, but mine have of course been getting worse and worse over the last ten years (I turn 54 in a few days), and I have been just shooting at blurry balls for quite a while, foolishly not realizing that there were prescriptions that dealt with intermediate distances -- not just distance and reading. However, I just discovered that there are indeed glasses prescriptions that will bring the length of the table into focus for me. I've been using a temporary pair, and it is an amazing thing to actually be able to see the balls! It sure helps with thin hits especially. Anyway, from now on I'm playing with corrective lenses in place -- I kind of like seeing the balls!

Voodoo Daddy

Verified Member
From
Davie, FLA
fred bentivegna said:
Steve,
This was a stellar field for Bank Pool. You stopped short on the results. I came in fifth. Not bad for an old broken-down banker. the Beard

Broken down banker? With a ocean of knowledge...nice try Freddy, HAHAHAHA :cool: