Janice Bludworth Fund established

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
As many of you my know Mrs. Janice Bludworth, wife of cue maker Leonard Bludworth, is having serious health problems. Leonard has a minimal amount of health insurance and the expenses are becoming overwhelming. Now it appears that cancer has possibly developed in her liver bile ducts. This would require a liver transplant. Add to all of these expenses the fact that they live 128 miles from the hospital, ONE WAY. This creates another expense for travel. Leonard has received a bill of several thousand dollars for a life flight trip when they didn't have time to transport her any other way.

If you know Leonard you know that he is opinionated and gruff but is also a person that would help anyone that needs help. He has also contributed many hours and dollars to our sport. Personally I have more respect for a person that says how they feel rather than those that say what they think you want to hear. To be honest I have never had the honor to met Ms Janice. Randi Mathews did tell me that Janice is the type of person that, if she heard your family was hunger, would get together a box of food and ship it to you.

For some time now all that have known of her plight have been offering prayers for her. My friends, now she needs more than prayers. She needs financial help with the mounting expenses.

Today I opened an account at Vision Bank in Foley, Al. The account is the Janice Bludworth Fund. I discussed this with Leonard before opening this account. Leonard is self made and very proud and would never ask for help. I explained what I wanted to do this way - "Leonard, if you are toting a log you may not ask someone to help, but damn it, if they offer to take an end - LET 'EM" I hope that all that are reading this post will take a little part of an end.

If you can send anything, if only one dollar, it will all add up in the end and Leonard and Ms Janice will truly appreciate it. If anyone has any doubt about my sincerity send me a PM and I will furnish character references.

All donations should be made payable to:
Janice Bludworth Fund Acct# 20057199​
Please a send to:
Vision Bank​
501 S. McKenzie St.​
Foley, AL 36535​

I will from time to time update the account status and acknowledge the contributors unless someone advises they prefer to remain anonymous. Amounts contributed will not be disclosed at the donors request, however I will post deposits and withdrawals. All withdrawals will be in the form of a check made payable to Janice Bludworth.

If for any reason you cannot make a donation we will certainly understand but please continue to pray for her return to good health.

Many thanks to all,
Richard Lowell (AKA: Pelican)

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
I received an inquiry on another board from a fellow in Mexico asking if he could make a donation via PayPal. If anyone would prefer to use their paypal account for this you can make your donation to the account I use for my business. I will absorb the PayPal charges and make a deposit in the full amount of your donation. The PayPal accout is: ricksgp@gulftel.com

I spoke with Leonard late morning. Janice had taken a very bad turn for the worse.

Please pray for her, please.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Talked with Leonard some yesterday. Janice is still paralized on her right side. She is regaining the ability to say a few words. She's a fighter.

When you make a donation please indicate in the note section of PayPal, or send me a PM, advising your forum ID and which forum. We want to be sure and acknowledge everyone unless they specifically request to be anonymous.

Thanks, Pel (Richard)

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Fund update and new address

Fund update and new address

Checked on the account today and it shows a balance of $1300.00. Am going to send Leonard a check tomorrow. Will leave enough in the account to keep it active. Have had two deposits made by mail and I don't know who they were from so if any of you sent a check please advise me (by PM if you prefer). I want to be sure Leonard is provided with a list of the contributors. If you prefer to remain anonymous just let me know.

ALSO: The gal at the bank said it would be best if the checks were sent to the PO Box. So please send any donations to:

VISION BANK
P. O. BOX 1787
FOLEY, AL 36536

Thanks to all, Pel

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
New Fund Update

New Fund Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just want to give everyone an update on how the fund is doing.

Total received to date: $1650.00

Here is a list of contributors. The list is in no particular order.

Chad McDaniel, Erik Joergensen, Jim Cochran, Bartolome Vargas Lugo Echavarri, Jeff Livingston, Chris Tate, Tom Gearhart, Grady & Randi Mathews, Murray Tucker III, Karl Burger, David Koopman, Helen Gaughran, Ewa & Mitch Laurance, Richard & Ardis Black, Internation Cuemakers Asso., OnePocket.org, and two contributors that wish to remain anonymous.

Now Danny D. and Jerry Forsyth have steped up to the plate and are going to donate the profit from the first 100 copies of Mr. DiLiberto's new book to help Janice and Leonard with their financial burden. See: http://www.azbilliards.com/youbetyourlife

Folks, this outpouring of help is just wonderful. When I started this I hoped it would raise seven or eight hundred dollars. Now it has doubled that in just two and one half weeks. Y'all are SUPER !

I have sent Leonard one check and will send another Monday. Maybe a couple of more deposits will come in by then or some might be made to the PayPal account. I will leave enough in the account for it to remain active at least until after the Gulf Coast Classic. I am going to put a jar out for donations at my booth.

Bless each and every one of you, Pel

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Just a quick note to say that over the weekend we received a generous contribution from Nick Papageorge and also from a donor that wishes to remain anonymous.

Thanks all, Pel

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
We received a donation mailed to the bank that was in the form of an International Money Order. If you sent this and would like to be added to the list of donors please advise your name and forum ID. If you prefer to remain anonymous use a PM and tell me your preference. Thanks so much for your contribution, Pel

Oops, it was a foreign cashiers check not a money order. Pel

Last edited:

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Janice critical

Janice critical

Received via PayPal a generous contribution from Barbara Stock. Many thanks Ms Barbara.

Talked with Leonard this afternoon. Janice is in critical condition.

Pel

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
More donations

More donations

The latest contributions come from Beverly Madden, Mike Scarborough, and Therese Smith. Many, many thanks to you wonderful folks for your generosity.

Bless all, Pel

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Have been tied up with the GCC tournament and got behind on posting on this.

Have received two donations via PayPal. One from Charles Porter and one from a donor that wishes to remain anonymous.

I thought it very compassionate that the anonymous donor had already made a most generous contribution but stated that after receiving a much larger bonus check than anticipated, just felt compelled to share it with Leonard and Janice.

Man, I just can't get over how wonderful you foks are.

God bless you one and all, Pel

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Well folks, the contributions have stopped so I am going to close the bank account. Leonard, Ms Janice, and I sincerely appriciate the outpouring of generosity that was shown and it really did help with expenses not covered by insurance.

If anyone would like to make a donation at a later date please send to: JANICE BLUDWORTH, P. O. BOX 809, LEAKEY, TX 78873.

God bless you,
Pel