The "Ghost" Has Been Located

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
and one of the most prolific posters of WWYD threads ever—maybe the most.

We may have us all a wager on the "poster" point, but I digress:D.

BBC said:
One Pocket Ghost.png

Scientists say a translucent, tricky, gentlemanly "ghost-like" octopod discovered in ocean depths near Hawaii is "almost certainly" a new species.

It was found by a submersible vehicle at a depth of around 2.5 miles (4km) off Necker Island.

Scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said it was a depth record for an One-Pocket playing octopod without fins.

The creature has already been nicknamed "Casper" after the One Pocket Ghost from OnePocket.org..

The octopod lacked pigment cells, giving it its light-coloured appearance but scientists believe that years spent in the dungeon that was Bensingers also contributed greatly to the "Ghost's" appearance.

"He is almost certainly an undescribed species of One-Pocket player" Michael Vecchione of the NOAA said, calling it a "remarkable little octopod".

Deep-sea octopods fall into two categories - cirrate, or 'Dumbo', octopods with fins, or incirrate octopods, without fins, which look more akin to shallow-water octopus.

The sighting of Casper represents the deepest ever observed sighting of an incirrate octopod, Mr Vecchione said.

He is definitely a prolific and remarkable little octopod.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
They'll be no gambling on ciches here, Dennis is far and away the leader.
Thanx for all you've done and do. :)

Thanks Rod but I've heard that Ghosty has been out of commission because he kept interrupting his opponents to take a pic of the table layout so he could post WWYD's and they ended up breaking all 8 of his thumbs:eek:.

He did a lot of work the last year posting real-life situations from what I've seen but I'll still take a small bet;).

P.S. You're welcome.

P.Ps. The sawbuck is in the mail.

RBL

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
No slight, Dennis. I didn't research actual numbers. I know you have put up many. Didn't know that is was many more than the Ghost. Of course my point was not to parse out 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. but rather to demonstrate that Ghost, like you, is a valued and respected member who has done us all some good and many of us a lot of good. Isn't that good?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
What does this mean?

Hot dogs 24/7 and the Mariana trench bottom feeders, don't do well with the top feeders/sharks. :).
Ya had ta be there.
One of the Early posters thought that player was in Hawaii, but the octopus pic was from 35,000 feet below the waters surface, just off Hawaii. Not a place to land many good scores for pool players :lol .

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
No slight, Dennis. I didn't research actual numbers. I know you have put up many. Didn't know that is was many more than the Ghost. Of course my point was not to parse out 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. but rather to demonstrate that Ghost, like you, is a valued and respected member who has done us all some good and many of us a lot of good. Isn't that good?

petie,

It was just a gentle poke at the Ghost even though I quoted you:p. He did a ton of work last year posting WWYD's from his matches.

Dennis

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Hot dogs 24/7 and the Mariana trench bottom feeders, don't do well with the top feeders/sharks. :).
Ya had ta be there.
One of the Early posters thought that player was in Hawaii, but the octopus pic was from 35,000 feet below the waters surface, just off Hawaii. Not a place to land many good scores for pool players :lol .

You guys are way too fast for me.