S. Daulton vs. E. Strickland 2011 D.C.C.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i think i would do this
move both his balls to my side and hide him behind the stack
EDIT I MIGHT MOVE THE CUE BALL FORWARD IF THE SCRATCH WAS AVOIDABLE
IT WOULD PREVENT A CROSS BANK
ee1.jpg

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
i think i would do this
move both his balls to my side and hide him behind the stack
EDIT I MIGHT MOVE THE CUE BALL FORWARD IF THE SCRATCH WAS AVOIDABLE
IT WOULD PREVENT A CROSS BANK
View attachment 14278

Too tough for me. I think he can see enough of the 6 to bank it to the middle of the bottom rail... CB into 9 or 15, or both. I'll take either, but I'd better not hit the wrong side of the 15. :eek:

baby huey

Verified Member
I would go off the ball to the right of the eight ball and put the cue ball on the end rail. It would also open up a couple of balls on my side.

treeMan

Verified Member
There's a potential shot going straight through the 4 ball (pink, highest ball in the stack area), rolling the cue ball to rest on top of the 3/9.

The 4-10-8-7 combination would send the 7 close to your hole, while the 11 would bank off the opponent side rail to the bottom rail.

The risk is clipping the 6 with the 11, which will be thrown that way. Have to be at the table to tell ...

tree

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Standard 101 1p

Standard 101 1p

You have a sizable lead, you need balls driven up table. No matter what, you keep putting whitey on the bottom rail, forcing your opponent to stick his neck out. The 7 ball isn't doing anything for you, move it to where it is. DON'T TOUCH THE STACK. DON'T LOSE THE CUE BALL.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
You have a sizable lead, you need balls driven up table. No matter what, you keep putting whitey on the bottom rail, forcing your opponent to stick his neck out. The 7 ball isn't doing anything for you, move it to where it is. DON'T TOUCH THE STACK. DON'T LOSE THE CUE BALL.

I'm going along with the thinking here, move the 7 up table, lay the CB somewhere near the middle of the foot rail. Guard against leaving any type of bank and keep moving balls to your side up table, while keeping the CB below the stack near the foot rail. That'll get the cheese.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ALERT
I HAVENT HAD MY MORNING COFFEE YET..:D
if this is wired earl i think would shoot it.....:eek::eek::eek:..:D
ee2.jpg

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

I like your choice here. Moving that ball opens up the lane for the wired eight ball. Now you know he is not getting too offensive because he either has to waste a shot to move those balls or leave you at the action end of the table because he cannot afford to take you to the other end of the table.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
even though the (7)? looks wired for a 3 or 4 ball combo, I resist my urges! :)

I for sure come off the 7 ball and to the end rail like a few have mentioned, but I think when I shoot it, the 7 is going to bank over to his long rail which may tie up balls to prevent a one time long bank but more so because I think that's the way the shot lies naturally. Just a little left spin.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
even though the (7)? looks wired for a 3 or 4 ball combo, I resist my urges! :)

I for sure come off the 7 ball and to the end rail like a few have mentioned, but I think when I shoot it, the 7 is going to bank over to his long rail which may tie up balls to prevent a one time long bank but more so because I think that's the way the shot lies naturally. Just a little left spin.

If you come off of the 7 ball and drop the cue ball to the end rail, you have to make sure your opponent cant see the right edge of the 8 ball.. If he can he will thin the 8 ball opening all those balls to his side and send the cue ball up table doubling you up and possibly put you on the defnsive the rest of the match.... PROVIDING the 10/8 isnt wired to his hole once he moves the 7

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I would go off the ball to the right of the eight ball and put the cue ball on the end rail. It would also open up a couple of balls on my side.

This is the shot I like also and for the reasons you stated.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If you come off of the 7 ball and drop the cue ball to the end rail, you have to make sure your opponent cant see the right edge of the 8 ball.. If he can he will thin the 8 ball opening all those balls to his side and send the cue ball up table doubling you up and possibly put you on the defnsive the rest of the match.... PROVIDING the 10/8 isnt wired to his hole once he moves the 7

Absolutely, I will have the CB around the same place you guys put it. It just looks like the way the balls are sitting, that it would be hard to get to the long rail and then to the end rail by crossing the ball like illustrated. It almost looks like the CB would either scratch in the corner or hit close to the pocket and come 2 rails out and be up in the stack or higher.

That's the only reason I would choose to use some left spin and bank the ball up on his side.

I could be seeing the angle wrong too...

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
If ya split hit the 5/13, from the angle the cue ball is at, whitey naturally rolls behind the 6. This shot allows the shooter very good control of ball speed due to the direction the shooter is facing the split hit.... you can hit it Full.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If the 13 passes the 4 i might try to billiard the 6 across towards my pocket coming off the 13. Cut the 13 into the 10 for the 10/8/7 combination, 7 might go, 6 might go, using medium speed the CB could end up back in what's left of the stack. Kinda wild, but after hacker pointed out the flaw (nipping the 8 and opening up several balls) in coming off the 7, I might just gamble on turning the game around right here. I've gambled on worse %tage shots. It opens balls to my side and is very aggressive, but if it was the first game in a race to 3 against a seasoned pro, I'd probably take a chance.

Forget this, I just realized I'm the one who leads 5/0!!! That's why I get the big spots when I gamble, I forget the count and which pocket is mine about half the time!

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
The problem for the people wanting to shoot the stripe and put the cue ball behind the 6 ball... If you get the cue ball behind the 6 ball but dont make anything.. you are giving SHANNON DAULTON the bank on the 12 ball? ... a matter of fact you may be forcing him to shoot it... For him that bank is REALLY high percentage.. food for thought

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
Recognizing my limited skill level, I would go for the seven ball and cue to the end rail, but it looks to me that the seven would go back toward the stack. Speed control should limit opening up anything.