S. Daulton vs. S. Frost 2009 D.C.C.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Larry.
Another option with straight high English.
P.S. Possibly a little safer.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Larry.
Another option with straight high English.
P.S. Possibly a little safer.

I've played that shot quite a few times and haven't liked leaving so many cross-corners. If I'm not playing a great banker, I cut the 8 a little to the left and send it up table. He can't play a pocket-speed straightback without leaving ME a cross corner that I can play pocket speed and safe.

Wayne

Verified Member
I'd clip it THIN toward my pocket and leave whitey on the head rail.

I would definitely try to cut it in. I figure since Shannon shoots much better than me there is about a 95% chance he attempted to cut it in and about a 50% chance he made it.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
depending on how I am shooting, most likely I will cut it towards my hole as others have suggested.

Another option that I would do before 2 railing would be to 3 rail it towards my hole with about 1 or 2 o'clock and bring the CB 2 or 3 rails back up near the head rail.

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I've played that shot quite a few times and haven't liked leaving so many cross-corners. If I'm not playing a great banker, I cut the 8 a little to the left and send it up table. He can't play a pocket-speed straightback without leaving ME a cross corner that I can play pocket speed and safe.

You're right, I have to be very comfortable with table speed to shoot it.
I just said it's another option.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Safe. 8 near Frost's side pocket . Cue below Daultons side pocket. Go for it? Not yet ...I'm GoldCrown.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
2 rail the 8 with speed to let it go up table if i miss
View attachment 14214

This is my choice as well. I like banking this shot with "center left" hitting a full ball and hit it with the speed to go 2-1/2 rails. The speed of the hit should should give you a decent turn coming off the first rail and lengthen out off the second rail. If this bank is hit too hard it will shorten up off the second rail taking away mostly all chances of pocketing the ball.

This option is tricky because of the possible sell out possibilities with the shot. Either you shoot it hard and play a three rail speed staying short of the pocket playing safe, or you hit it with a softer speed and play 2-1/2 rails. If you're going for the win 2-1/2 rail speed will offer you the best chance of pocketing the ball.

By the way, try to keep the cue ball as close to the bottom rail as possible, this method will lessen the percentage of the sell out possibilities.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Daulton played it three rails up & down. He did not even try to make the ball, he was playing all defense. He floated the cueball very nicely with a lot of spin on it.

sd1.jpg

He left it here for Frost:

sd2.jpg

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Double kiss in play....Switcheroo

Double kiss in play....Switcheroo

Daulton played it three rails up & down. He did not even try to make the ball, he was playing all defense. He floated the cueball very nicely with a lot of spin on it.

View attachment 14221

View attachment 14222

Thee old switcheroo....now his opponents ''straight in''. Nothin' but net on that speed control of the shot. Thinking about that shot a little more....the shot he shot, was by far...........................the easiest of the many others that were very good. Nice shot Shannon.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Thats what I like also Larry. Speed if you miss and ends up by opponets side pocket

This is my choice as well. I like banking this shot with "center left" hitting a full ball and hit it with the speed to go 2-1/2 rails. The speed of the hit should should give you a decent turn coming off the first rail and lengthen out off the second rail. If this bank is hit too hard it will shorten up off the second rail taking away mostly all chances of pocketing the ball.

This option is tricky because of the possible sell out possibilities with the shot. Either you shoot it hard and play a three rail speed staying short of the pocket playing safe, or you hit it with a softer speed and play 2-1/2 rails. If you're going for the win 2-1/2 rail speed will offer you the best chance of pocketing the ball.

By the way, try to keep the cue ball as close to the bottom rail as possible, this method will lessen the percentage of the sell out possibilities.

Dr. Bill

woo hoo woo hoo.:):):):):):):):):)
2 greats like my shot...:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

View attachment 14221

View attachment 14222

Dennis, I noticed in the first picture Shannon's cue ball went to the bottom rail then to the side rail which is opposite of how I would play the cue ball, too risky to play it like he did, for sure. If you don't mind maybe you can take another look at the clip and confirm how he played the cue ball. Thanks.

Dr. Bill

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I was thinking the same Bill, the path Dennis put up did not look realistic to me but then again these pics sometimes distort the angle a bit.

Hardmix

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Dennis, I noticed in the first picture Shannon's cue ball went to the bottom rail then to the side rail which is opposite of how I would play the cue ball, too risky to play it like he did, for sure. If you don't mind maybe you can take another look at the clip and confirm how he played the cue ball. Thanks.

Dr. Bill

I believe you're correct. With that speed on the eight ball it's hard to believe that the cue ball could react in the way it's pictured. Probably just stunned it to the long rail.