onepockethacker challenges Lou

lfigueroa

Verified Member
IMO Lou's one pocket game is around the same speed as Ghost or mine. If we did play frequently we would take turns beating each other.

I only played Lou once, a short race few years back at a tournament Doc ran in Mississippi and won, but I had a big advantage having been in the room a couple days playing and I believe Lou just made it in time for the tournament.

I have watched Lou play a few times and Lou, like Ghost and me, has beaten better players and lost to worse ones.

Just for conversation sake, I think 11/7 would be a close game.

As far as all the other BS, I have played Lou, had a few beers and dinner with him and enjoyed his company. I also like the room and people at House of Billiards in Santa Monica and it is hard to believe you could go in a known action pool room several times without getting played. Lou pushed a few wrong buttons and they pushed back.

It is all Internet BS and given many of us a little entertainment when we are not playing one pocket.:D

John, I appreciate your kind words and I too have enjoyed your company. You're a great guy to hang with.

You just reminded me of the two dinners I organized for guys from the site at the US Open. Here's some photos from the 2011 dinner.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Dinner6.jpg
    Dinner6.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Dinner7.jpg
    Dinner7.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Dinner8.jpg
    Dinner8.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 0

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
Why would I offer 11 to 6 the whole point of this was that Lou said he liked 11 to 7... whats the problem... However if you would like to stake me 11 to 6 I will play my ass off for you How much should we bet?

Just trying to get something started Mr Hacker if the two of you were seriously thinking getting together

Didn't see where Lou said he liked 11-7. Didn't see where Lou criticized any WWYD posts (which I enjoy)

Did come across this thread and thought super interesting though

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it ...

But I am heavily offended that I didn't get the 'Have a nice day :)' signature ...

Bill <--- in my current state can't afford a good steak dinner much less stake anybody :):eek::)

All the best to the both of y'all fine 'One Pocket' players and yes, have a nice day :)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John, I appreciate your kind words and I too have enjoyed your company. You're a great guy to hang with.

You just reminded me of the two dinners I organized for guys from the site at the US Open. Here's some photos from the 2011 dinner.

Lou Figueroa

This pic is my favorite. John B listening in rapt attention as I explain a few banks to him.:D

Attachments

• Dinner8.jpg
    Dinner8.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
onepockethacker challenges Lou

Lou Figueroa

Hey that's me in there too -- or else a look alike -- because I "don't get out" lol.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
This pic is my favorite. John B listening in rapt attention as I explain a few banks to him.:D

Well, whatever you're saying to SJD in this one, looks like he's a believer and paying off.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Dinner11.jpg
    Dinner11.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 0

Bobbytworails

Verified Member
I'll take $500 on Lou on the side at the Derby, if Hacker plays the way I saw him play in Atlanta two or three years ago (when he was in stroke) Lou will be getting a belated Christmas present. Hacker offered me the same game but I was on my way out of town at the time. I guess he took the short bus back to Miami. I later heard he said he got jared.:heh LMAO !!!:frus

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I'll take $500 on Lou on the side at the Derby, i:hehf Hacker plays the way I saw him play in Atlanta two or three years ago (when he was in stroke) Lou will be getting a belated Christmas present. Hacker offered me the same game but I was on my way out of town at the time. I guess he took the short bus back to Miami. I later heard he said he got jared. LMFAO !!!

Thats good the only guy I ever played one pocket in Atlanta was Clint McCullough.. He quit after 2 games both times LMFAO By the way dont hide behind a screen name

Bobbytworails

Verified Member
outside Atlanta, the room closed now.
You know exactly what I'm talking about. And you weren't laughing at all!
Nothing personal, I just like Lou in the match and I have caught your act. :heh:heh:heh

Bobbytworails

Verified Member
No question you are not only a very good player when you are in stroke(which is about two weeks every two to three years I hear), but very smart in regard to pool sense in general and especially one pocket. I just don't like your win/loss record for the cash. Especially against somebody who can fire back:sorry Come back up here anytime, just look for the line, thats for you. ALL WAITING TO SEND YOU HOME AGAIN LIKE LAST TIME, and there was NO jar!

onepockethacker

Verified Member
outside Atlanta, the room closed now.
You know exactly what I'm talking about. And you weren't laughing at all!
Nothing personal, I just like Lou in the match and I have caught your act. :heh:heh:heh

LOL Another guy who has to hide behind a screen name :lol:lol " I saw you in Atlanta" well not in Atlanta but that other place.. LMFAO If you are going to act like you were somewhere at least know the facts.... You are talking about when I played Hager in Conyers and yes they got me good.. but it is what it is..

onepockethacker

Verified Member
No question you are not only a very good player when you are in stroke(which is about two weeks every two to three years I hear), but very smart in regard to pool sense in general and especially one pocket. I just don't like your win/loss record for the cash. Especially against somebody who can fire back:sorry Come back up here anytime, just look for the line, thats for you. ALL WAITING TO SEND YOU HOME AGAIN LIKE LAST TIME, and there was NO jar!

All you have to do is tell your name and we can make a game.. or would you rather hide

Bobbytworails

Verified Member
I will be happy to play you at the Derby, we can make the game there. Minimum bet per game $100, I'll pay to learn if you think you can get there, but don't pull up after three or four barrels and want to adjust. You have to play your game to win, not limp across the wire with a lame game that you are free stroking like I have seen soon many times. Talk about lamb stew. You invented the recipe. Nothing personal though:heh
I totally respect you desire:frus

I'll bet $200 minimum if we are back in the peach state

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I will be happy to play you at the Derby, we can make the game there. Minimum bet per game $100, I'll pay to learn if you think you can get there, but don't pull up after three or four barrels and want to adjust. You have to play your game to win, not limp across the wire with a lame game that you are free stroking like I have seen soon many times. Talk about lamb stew. You invented the recipe. Nothing personal though:heh
I totally respect you desire:frus

I'll bet $200 minimum if we are back in the peach state

Just keep hiding behind your screen name LOL

Bobbytworails

Verified Member
I'm not hiding. You should hope people keep hiding. Every once in a while somebody comes out of hiding and bites you on the ***. Then goes back in hiding. I heard my dear friend Nathan Rose came down to Miami and played you $500 worth of ten ball about a month ago and dusted you off good. race to 15, 15-5. Guess you got jarred. He must be back in hiding. Nothing personal but I just like your win /loss record. I play the odds. If the game were right I would come to Miami to play you tomorrow. What is the name of the room I can find this champion in anyway, is it the room that guy Raymond plays. he plays real slow!. Pockets must be at least 4.5 in. Want you to pucker a little:heh:heh:heh

Another game beside the matched up game could be this being you love that two railer for the cash!
We can play the game from the two railer and you shoot first and play me 10 games to 7. See how you like that. Billy was right, if you play him and that shot comes up you MUST shoot it. (NO OUTAKES) If you don't like it or don't have the chones don't just try to out bet me, thats sad!!! I'm betting my own, not breaking two or three stake horses a week:sorry:sorry

Bobbytworails

Verified Member
Boy, do I miss you! Christmas is just around the corner and I can hear the reindeer now:lol