Mystery Player at 1991 Legends Of 1P

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
fred bentivegna said:
The hand looks like mine, but I'm afraid to say so. That's my bridge, my fingers, I'm trying to recall the watch.

Beard
WOW Freddy....You really do know pool like the back of your hand!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
ace said:
WOW Freddy....You really do know pool like the back of your hand!

Wow..that is really exciting...That could be the omly recorded win (by Freddy)... ever known to man...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Clare said:
I don't want to offend anyone, but to me it looks more like a foot than a hand. Except for the wristwatch.
thats what all the guys tell the ladies.
mine is like a foot not a hand:eek:

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
SJDinPHX said:
Thats true, Red was a big guy...But I remember him as having hands more like a piano player, or a surgeon...Those ugly hands, (with the deformed fingers) could well be those of a starving bank pool player...except he would be incapable of running 8 balls, in one pocket.....:D :D :D

"Head DuckDick" <---wishes Doc would 'fess up..

PS..Seriously, I still say they're the Red Rooster's hands...Also, Red (Breit) almost always played with his sport coat on, didn't he Rod ? But we know they aren't his, unless the picture somehow got mirrored or reversed.

Hah hah. He ran an 8! :eek:

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
stevelomako said:
Not to get this thread off track but I'm trying to locate a "One pocket forever" shirt.

Thank you.

Stock up on them shirts Jack!

Hmmm, I wonder if this was a hint on this thread?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Moral of the story...

Moral of the story...

....know thyself.

Beard

It would be interesting, Doc, to see a few more of those mystery bridge hands. No new players please.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
fred bentivegna said:
....know thyself.

Beard

It would be interesting, Doc, to see a few more of those mystery bridge hands. No new players please.

I did recognize the hand. I think he was playing Harry "The Hat" Burton.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Very observant

Very observant

stevelomako said:
Stock up on them shirts Jack!

Hmmm, I wonder if this was a hint on this thread?

There was a whole passel of women that recognized my "hand," but you're the only guy. What does that tell you. You have got to get out more.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You were talking about me...

You were talking about me...

Cowboy Dennis said:
Who you callin' "fat-fingered"? That must be why I wrote "this man with nerves of steel and piano player hands":D .

View attachment 1853

View attachment 1854

View attachment 1855

...sans the nerves of steel. My fingers are about an inch longer than The Rooster's. He had fat freckled fingers. (They call that alliteration, as in
Duck-Dick Dopey Dufus.)

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
blackeee said:
I did recognize the hand. I think he was playing Harry "The Hat" Burton.

As one of the very few recorded videos of our hero in action,...it is considered cruel and unusual punishment, to even mention the Burton/Beard match....
In viewing this match, one must take pause, and wonder at the number of victim's in his [sic] trophy case (AKA "beat list")..:rolleyes:

The jury is still out, as to whether it was his normal speed, or (as he loudly proclaims) a rare sub-standard performance...:confused:

DuckDick <---will now accept differing viewpoints...:eek:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I'm flattered...

I'm flattered...

SJDinPHX said:
As one of the very few recorded videos of our hero in action,...it is considered cruel and unusual punishment, to even mention the Burton/Beard match....
In viewing this match, one must take pause, and wonder at the number of victim's in his [sic] trophy case (AKA "beat list")..:rolleyes:

The jury is still out, as to whether it was his normal speed, or (as he loudly proclaims) a rare sub-standard performance...:confused:

DuckDick <---will now accept differing viewpoints...:eek:

..that you would take time out to watch me on video. Unfortunately, I didnt generate the same amount of interest in what you were doing, so I havent allowed myself the pleasure (sic) of your video match with Cliff. To reiterate, I would rather, blah, blah, blah, put my face, blah, blah, blah, in Nancy Pelosi's, blah, blah, blah, then sweat your action.
Conversely however, your interest in my affairs is monumental. I heard that you have more detectives and investigators out on the street trying to locate just one false representation on the beat list, than MSNBC sent to Alaska to dig up dirt on Sarah Palin. After all this time don't you think by now you could have maybe even bribed somebody to lie for you?
I may myself dig up Clem and question him about that 9 ball win that you claim. It sounds a lot like that Clem story from Vernon Eliot, who said he went to Cinn., had only 1 barrel, and he broke Clem playing 1pkt without having ever played 1pkt in his life. Vernon I can overlook, because I actually did see him beat good players.

Beard

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
..that you would take time out to watch me on video. Unfortunately, I didnt generate the same amount of interest in what you were doing, so I havent allowed myself the pleasure (sic) of your video match with Cliff. To reiterate, I would rather, blah, blah, blah, put my face, blah, blah, blah, in Nancy Pelosi's, blah, blah, blah, then sweat your action.
Conversely however, your interest in my affairs is monumental. I heard that you have more detectives and investigators out on the street trying to locate just one false representation on the beat list, than MSNBC sent to Alaska to did up dirt on Sarah Palin. After all this time don't you think by now you could have maybe even bribed somebody to lie for you?
I may myself dig up Clem and question him about that 9 ball win that you claim. It sounds a lot like that Clem story from Vernon Eliot, who said he went to Cinn., had only 1 barrel, and he broke Clem playing 1pkt without having ever played 1pkt in his life. Vernon I can overlook, because I actually did see him beat good players.

Beard

Au contraire Bearded wonder. It only seems like an unhealthy interest in your affairs...The fact that you out-brag me by roughly 750 to 1, only adds to my frustration.

It would definately take an MSNBC/Palin number of employee's, to even begin to squelch all the fires you start, in the name of your [sic] "legacy".

Being just a poor retired truck driver, I lack the unlimited funding MSNBC can devote to any given story...So I just plod along, trying to catch about one, out of every several hundred, of your rousing tall tales...:cool:

Head DuckDick,

PS..Don't flatter yourself, I did not watch your Burton match, in hopes of learning anything at all...I watched it strictly for it's hilarious, comedic value...To all who haven't seen it...it's a riot..:D :D :D

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Too good not to bump

Too good not to bump

Some of the lines in this post are just too good to let fade away. A bump is more than deserving.
Beard

I'm flattered...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJDinPHX
In viewing this match, one must take pause, and wonder at the number of victim's in his [sic] trophy case (AKA "beat list")..

The jury is still out, as to whether it was his normal speed, or (as he loudly proclaims) a rare sub-standard performance...

DuckDick <---will now accept differing viewpoints...

Conversely however, your interest in my affairs is monumental. I heard that you have more detectives and investigators out on the street trying to locate just one false representation on the beat list, than MSNBC sent to Alaska to dig up dirt on Sarah Palin. After all this time don't you think by now you could have maybe even bribed somebody to lie for you?

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
Originally Posted by SJDinPHX
In viewing this match, one must take pause, and wonder at the number of victim's in his [sic] trophy case (AKA "beat list")..

The jury is still out, as to whether it was his normal speed, or (as he loudly proclaims) a rare sub-standard performance...

DuckDick <---will now accept differing viewpoints...
[/I]

..I may myself dig up Clem and question him about that 9 ball win that you claim. It sounds a lot like that Clem story from Vernon Eliot, who said he went to Cinn., had only 1 barrel, and he broke Clem playing 1pkt without having ever played 1pkt in his life. Vernon I can overlook, because I actually did see him beat good players.

Beard

Good, you've finally learned to cut and paste (or at least link)...If you do get a hold of Clem,...please remember to ask him for the last "air barrell" he fired at me...;)

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
I've watched both matches, Beards and SJD's, and I seriously doubt either one is a good example of how they usually played for the loot. These videos are also not from the peak of their careers.

Beards tape is pretty bad as I remember, but the first couple of games on the SJD/Joyner video (watched some of it about a month or two ago) are pretty rough too.

One video is not enough to judge anyone's game, IMO. I know there are days where I have beaten the ten ball ghost and looked decent, and there are days where I look like a complete clown and played like a weak b player. Last thing in the world I would want to watch is me playing on a bad day...the audio wouldn't be kid friendly, that's for sure.