efren varner 2

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
nick took a foul and went his long rail to the foot rail by the first diamond by efrens corner
efren took a foul back and put nick back in the stack
its nicks shot
dont be heroes guys
what would you do now ??
ev77.jpg

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Two railing kicking softly into the bottom of the 14 ball. Definitely not touching the 7 ball, I like where it is.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
For another foul? I prefer shooting the cue back into the pack, striking the thirteen, ten and ending up beneath the 14.

Are you talking about kicking back into the lower part of the stack, like this?

Attachments

• 2014-12-26 16_14_41-Greenshot.jpg
    2014-12-26 16_14_41-Greenshot.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0

keoneyo

Verified Member
I like hackers shot better. A 2 rail kick under the 14 will preserve the stack. A kick into the stack and you don't know what will bleed out. Besides the striped ball on the bottom looks dead for Nick
A kick like that should be duck soup for Varner.
Not only, you are opening up balls on Effies side of the table if you kick into the stack.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
The only possible alternative to the 2-rail into the 14 I would consider is off the 7 to the long rail dying CB on the 10. I think even Efren can't get more than one from there, but as Freddy would have said, doing that "You'll lose the move."

ulikastr8pool

Well-Known-Member
From
NYC
You could also play the cue ball softly 3 rails, taking another intentional, and try to snuggle the cue ball to the backside of the 14. Cue ball would be going the same path as Hacker's shot, just not clipping the bottom of the 14. A touchier shot, but his way Efren can't put you back into the stack. Also depends if you can comfortably bridge over the balls.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I like hackers shot better. A 2 rail kick under the 14 will preserve the stack. A kick into the stack and you don't know what will bleed out. Besides the striped ball on the bottom looks dead for Nick
A kick like that should be duck soup for Varner.
Not only, you are opening up balls on Effies side of the table if you kick into the stack.

You might break out a ball a little but in the same way, the broken out ball sets up as a blocker to the fourteen and any down rail banks. The optimum result would be freezing the cue to the fourteen beneath the ball. But this is why I'm a wanna be and not a HOFer.:lol:lol

keoneyo

Verified Member
You could also play the cue ball softly 3 rails, taking another intentional, and try to snuggle the cue ball to the backside of the 14. Cue ball would be going the same path as Hacker's shot, just not clipping the bottom of the 14. A touchier shot, but his way Efren can't put you back into the stack. Also depends if you can comfortably bridge over the balls.

Well if there is a route to put Efren there, there is a route to put you right back. In other words Efren can take a 3 rail kick himself and put you right in the stack and now you are on 2 in a tournament. Just a thought.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The only possible alternative to the 2-rail into the 14 I would consider is off the 7 to the long rail dying CB on the 10. I think even Efren can't get more than one from there, but as Freddy would have said, doing that "You'll lose the move."

the commentators talked about letting efren get rid of your headache (the 14 ball) by shooting your shot .
grady made a prophetic remark about that which ill mention when the thread is done.......;)
here nicks shot
ev78.jpg

ulikastr8pool

Well-Known-Member
From
NYC
Funny how often the simplest shot is the most effective. Even the best players in the world can't do much when left long and straight in. Good call LSJohn.

Here, I like coming off the 7 and trying to get the cue ball in the stack. Either banking the 7 back up where the cue ball is now and floating the rock towards the 8. Or banking the 7 the other way, under the stack and to Efren's side and sending the cue ball 2 rails (long rail, bottom rail) towards the 6,13,9 wall.

On a brutally tough table, I might bank that stripe near the cb, leave my opponent on the back rail and dare him to shoot the 7.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
For another foul? I prefer shooting the cue back into the pack, striking the thirteen, ten and ending up beneath the 14.

The real question is you are going to hit the stack on the wrong side so stuff leaks out to Efrens side? HMMMM