1p.org dcc sponsored player/representative

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
i also think jtompilot for all he contributes to the site would be a good selection
i wonder with his work schedule whether he can get away for the necessary days
jim if you read this
please let us know you can attend
regardless of who is chosen i'll be sending steve a check to support
"our guy" :)

I just finished some flight training in Dallas but did manage to get out and play some.
I just started a new job but plan on asking the boss if I can have four days off.

Thanks everyone for the nomination

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
doc
sorry you cant be in consideration
i also think frank almanza should be a strong candidate for consideration
p,s, why not vacation near me
its never cold and wintery.:D
..so we can spend some time together
im not that far
just sayin
larry
Thanks Larry. I'd like to get down y'alls way one day to see you Tom, Rob, Bill, and others. It's just one of those things that tends to stay on the back burner.

My dear mother lived in Bradenton for 30 years before she passed, so I'd get down that way every year.

We actually have very mild winters here on the Dixie Riviera. We're sub-tropical, whereas y'all are tropical. One of these days when I get to feeling better I might load up Miss Kitty in the Lincoln, and ride on down there.;)

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Being new here I'd like to ask a question/questions.

Just how is the representative for OP.Org at DCC decided?

Is it like a normal election process, where as candidates are nominated, seconded in, then listed as an eligible candidate?

Is there a maximum number of nominees?

Once the candidates are established, are they voted upon by contributing members only, or is the entire membership called upon to vote?

How is a vote cast, publicly or privately?

Besides being required to make a report after attending the DCC as OP.Org's 2016 representative, what are some of the attendee's duties and responsibilities while at the DCC? What should he strive to accomplish?

What is considered an average donation?

Are all donations sent to Steve?

Sorry, got a little carried away!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Is it like a normal election process, where as candidates are nominated, seconded in, then listed as an eligible candidate?

Think back to grade school where every penny donated = one vote you could cast. :D

(Not really. I'm fuzzy on detail also. Glad you asked.)

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Think back to grade school where every penny donated = one vote you could cast. :D

(Not really. I'm fuzzy on detail also. Glad you asked.)

I think of it as a democracy with voting and such, then Steve decides.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Im all for Frank da Barber. He has been a regular productive participant on the forum and has lengthy experience in pools history. Never disrespectful and argumentative. A great representative of this site.

Also would like to mention Wayne, who is one of the top tiered players on this site. He probably wont be able to make it though that he has a grandson he helps raise and a thriving business. But hoping someday to entice him to the Derby.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Im all for Frank da Barber. He has been a regular productive participant on the forum and has lengthy experience in pools history. Never disrespectful and argumentative. A great representative of this site.

Also would like to mention Wayne, who is one of the top tiered players on this site. He probably wont be able to make it though that he has a grandson he helps raise and a thriving business. But hoping someday to entice him to the Derby.

Frank is a gentleman, he knows the game very well, plus he's a tough competitor, he never gives up during a game!!

Frank is easy to be around, meets people and talks friendly to everyone, he would be a good ambassador for O.P.Org to send to this years DCC.

My $.02 worth.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Frank is a gentleman, he knows the game very well, plus he's a tough competitor, he never gives up during a game!!

Frank is easy to be around, meets people and talks friendly to everyone, he would be a good ambassador for O.P.Org to send to this years DCC.

My $.02 worth.

There have been many great endorsements for this coming year. I would hate to have to vote for one of you over another. I'd bet most of us feel the same way.

Suppose we toss the names of all these fine nominations who wish to be in the running, into a hat and draw one, and then draw for first and second alternates?

My .02 Wirth :)

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Sponsored Player

Sponsored Player

Usually this gets a vote tab when Steve gets all the names of people who have been nominated... your vote does count more when you chip in to the pot to help sponsor the player though...

That being said... I throw my 2 cents with JTOMPILOt... if he can get off he would represent well... and he plays pretty sporty to top that off...

B

PS I'll throw a 100 in the pot to sponsor whoever the members decide for...it will be just less I can lose to mitch giving up 8 to 7.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

Just how is the representative for OP.Org at DCC decided?

Is there a maximum number of nominees?

Once the candidates are established, are they voted upon by contributing members only, or is the entire membership called upon to vote?

How is a vote cast, publicly or privately?

Besides being required to make a report after attending the DCC as OP.Org's 2016 representative, what are some of the attendee's duties and responsibilities while at the DCC? What should he strive to accomplish?

What is considered an average donation?

Are all donations sent to Steve?

i believe it is a "vote with your wallet" situation. anyone who wishes to donate and remain anonymous, steve has always done that in the past.

i don't think there is any prerequisite or requirement that whoever goes writes up a trip report, but i think most guys have done it out of appreciation and to give the members who donated a "heads up" on how our horse made out.

i don't think that there is any set criteria.
[i have proposed some in the past: (1) plays well, (2) participates/track record on the site, (3) hasn't been selected before.]
[and....i'll add a 4th....wear 1p.org shirt when playing in the tournament]
but that's just my opinion and doesn't represent anything other than that.

yes, send $ to steve.

both jtom and/or frank would be excellent choices imo.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
i believe it is a "vote with your wallet" situation. anyone who wishes to donate and remain anonymous, steve has always done that in the past.

i don't think there is any prerequisite or requirement that whoever goes writes up a trip report, but i think most guys have done it out of appreciation and to give the members who donated a "heads up" on how our horse made out.

i don't think that there is any set criteria.
[i have proposed some in the past: (1) plays well, (2) participates/track record on the site, (3) hasn't been selected before.]
[and....i'll add a 4th....wear 1p.org shirt when playing in the tournament]
but that's just my opinion and doesn't represent anything other than that.

yes, send $ to steve.

both jtom and/or frank would be excellent choices imo.

Thank you,

I was just curious and I believe you solved that for me.
Appreciate it, thanks

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
There have been many great endorsements for this coming year. I would hate to have to vote for one of you over another. I'd bet most of us feel the same way.

Suppose we toss the names of all these fine nominations who wish to be in the running, into a hat and draw one, and then draw for first and second alternates?

My .02 Wirth :)

That sounds like a great idea to me. It would be really hard for me to choose.

We can't go wrong.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Just how is the representative for OP.Org at DCC decided? It is weighted voting by those who contribute

Is it like a normal election process, where as candidates are nominated, seconded in, then listed as an eligible candidate? Not quite so formal -- anyone can make suggestions and comments but the voting is pretty simple -- just tell me or post here

Is there a maximum number of nominees? No

Once the candidates are established, are they voted upon by contributing members only, or is the entire membership called upon to vote? Contributing members votes count :)

How is a vote cast, publicly or privately? Either way is okay. I will open up more room in my PM's :D

Besides being required to make a report after attending the DCC as OP.Org's 2016 representative, what are some of the attendee's duties and responsibilities while at the DCC? What should he strive to accomplish? They should take pride in representing OnePocket.org in the tournament and handle themselves like an ambassador of OnePocket.org -- in their own way of course. I provide a shirt with OnePocket.org logo but also recognize they are not going to wear it all the time, lol. It is nice for them to post something during or after that shares their experience in their own perspective. We all take a great deal of vicarious pleasure in following their matches!!

What is considered an average donation? $10 or $20 to $100 is the typical range

Are all donations sent to Steve? Yes

There will be a raffle drawing among all who contribute also, thanks in large part to Tom Wirth donating two of his new One Pocket books -- Thank you Tom!!! Probably some other things will go in the raffle drawing too. Your chances in the drawing will correspond to the weighted voting too. I believe last year it was something like one vote for a $20 contribution; 3 votes for $50 and 7 votes for $100. So the drawing chances would be the same basis.

I will start an official sponsorship thread with the donations tally and what all items will be in the drawing.

Please when you send your donation either by mail or paypal, don't forget to include your User Name!!

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
1p.org dcc sponsored player/representative

PS I'll throw a 100 in the pot to sponsor whoever the members decide for...it will be just less I can lose to mitch giving up 8 to 7.

You all see it. I have it in writing. Finally. I get 8-7. A fair game! 😁

Last edited:

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Mitch

Mitch

Went to the pool hall tonight...had to give up 10 to 7 for a game...to the guy who took third in the nine ball tournament... booked another loser...crud

B

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Sponsored Player

Sponsored Player

My old friend Frank The Barber is on the fence about going. He would be a great pick and represent us well.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
There will be a raffle drawing among all who contribute also, thanks in large part to Tom Wirth donating two of his new One Pocket books -- Thank you Tom!!! Probably some other things will go in the raffle drawing too. Your chances in the drawing will correspond to the weighted voting too. I believe last year it was something like one vote for a $20 contribution; 3 votes for $50 and 7 votes for $100. So the drawing chances would be the same basis.

I will start an official sponsorship thread with the donations tally and what all items will be in the drawing.

Please when you send your donation either by mail or paypal, don't forget to include your User Name!!

Thank you Steve, for taking the time to explain the procedure.