Congrats to Brandon Williams - winner of the Bank pool tourney in OHIO

Shannon Daulton

Verified Member
From
Greenville, SC
The Great Southern Billiard Tour and Michael's Billiards & Games hosted a $500 added amateur bank pool tournament this past weekend in Fairfield, OHIO.

It was a tough field of 64 players (we had to cut it off) with alot of good bankers.The event was played on 9 ft Diamond tables. The format was a race to 3 on the winners and a race to 2 on the one loss. Brandon Williams defeated Louis Demarco 3-1 to win the hot seat. Demarco then faced off with George Rothrock in the semi-finals; with Demarco coming out on top with a 3-1 victory. The finals was a true double elimination, and at first it looked as though Demarco would get his revenge. He won the first set 3-1 and then Williams battled back in the second set to leave Demarco with a 2nd place finish! He is just 20 years old and plays jam up!!! Look out for this guy, he will be a contender in future bank events!

I will post up the link for the full story later! It was a great event and am so glad we got good participation on the bank pool tournament! The game is alot of fun and there aren't alot of bank pool events. The GSBT will return to Michael's in June for another amateur bank pool tournament.

from l to r:

Brandon Williams (Winner of the Bank Pool), Richie Richeson (runner-up in the 9-ball), Chuck Raulston (winner of the 9-ball), & SD

Attachments

• Michaels Billiards Feb 2011 014 (Small).jpg
    Michaels Billiards Feb 2011 014 (Small).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Good to see that you're having some bank pool tournaments, Shannon! I hope that bank pool starts to catch on the same as has one-pocket in the past few years.

Doc

Squinty

Good job Shannon had a real good time. Great to see such a big response in my hometown poolscene thank you. I thought Micheal was gonna have the bigone when the power went out. I wish I was around when Brandon went off, he didn't have $10 to buy himself. Whoever got the pool for $20 hit the lottery. Competing with Brandon at 9 ball and OnePocket, I would have defenitly bought him for the mere $10 even though he doesn't even play bank, but he can bank.

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Squinty said:
Good job Shannon had a real good time. Great to see such a big response in my hometown poolscene thank you. I thought Micheal was gonna have the bigone when the power went out. I wish I was around when Brandon went off, he didn't have $10 to buy himself. Whoever got the pool for $20 hit the lottery. Competing with Brandon at 9 ball and OnePocket, I would have defenitly bought him for the mere $10 even though he doesn't even play bank, but he can bank.

Brandon went into the pool... are you sure about that? Wow... I must have missed that one.

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
I believe he is saying the kid couldn't afford to buy himself in the calcutta and someone made a nice score for a real nice price.