Tush hog from Dallas

bstroud

Verified Member
Dick,

Not sure about how many times Billy T. was shot but the rumor I heard was 5.

Also remember Johny Littlepage and Creeper.

I think I may have been there when Surfer and Vernon got into it.

Of course the most interesting was Ty.

Bill Stroud

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
PS..Cowgirl Dennis,...you are back on "ignore"...Freddy is now on my "buddy list"...:eek:..(or maybe my "Bucket List")...:cool:
Why are you still editing this post 35 minutes after posting it??? I thought you were going to the "library" to meet Bubbles & Sparkles:p .

RBL

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Bumping an old thread

Bumping an old thread

At 77, I rarely play pool these days and I haven't been active on pool forums in years, but last night I ran across this thread and thoroughly enjoyed reading through the whole thing. Sadly, several of the posters are no longer with us. Maybe some of you old timers would also enjoy this thread from several years back.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
At 77, I rarely play pool these days and I haven't been active on pool forums in years, but last night I ran across this thread and thoroughly enjoyed reading through the whole thing. Sadly, several of the posters are no longer with us. Maybe some of you old timers would also enjoy this thread from several years back.

Good to see you Bill!

Hope you enjoyed your recent birthday ~

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO

Thanks for the bump, great thread. Happy belated, I still look through the cd of pics I bought from you years ago.

Dave

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I hadn't ever seen this thread. When I saw Dennis' picture at the top I thought it was me before my beard.... then I realized, Nah, I ain't go no dog like that.

If you talk to Dennis, tell him I'll kick his ass if I see him (you said 82, right?)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Good to hear that you're alive and kickin', my man!! I hope you'll post from time to time, as you've had lots of experiences, and a sense of humor to boot..;)

Cheers, bro!

~Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I hadn't ever seen this thread. When I saw Dennis' picture at the top I thought it was me before my beard.... then I realized, Nah, I ain't go no dog like that.

If you talk to Dennis, tell him I'll kick his ass if I see him (you said 82, right?)

The pic is Vernon Linten, be careful he's out near the end of Main St.
As others I know, nothing in the drugstore will kill you faster. :D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Yes, and I'd like to echo that your photos are a real treasure trove from a generation ago -- thank you for sharing them with us!!!!

PS -- maybe we'll see you at Derby City in January??

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Good to hear that you're alive and kickin', my man!! I hope you'll post from time to time, as you've had lots of experiences, and a sense of humor to boot..;)

Cheers, bro!

~Doc

Hi Doc, yep, I'm still alive but not "kickin" very high these days. :) Thanks for the kind words.

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
thanks for bumping the thread bill
hope you are well and had a happy birthday

Yeah, I saw a link to the thread in a Facebook post and once I started reading through it I was enjoying it and thought maybe I should bump it up for the old timers.:)

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Old memories, good times, glad I was around. enjoyed rereading the thread.
Thanx Bill
You're welcome, Rod. I'm sure the thread was made more enjoyable for me because I knew some of the people mentioned. The same was probably true for you as well.

bstroud

Verified Member
Bill,

Glad you are doing well. So am I.

Still have the Lymphoma but am OK at the moment.
My eyes have returned to normal and I can play again.

Do you ever hear from Alf?

Sure miss the Cotton Palace days.

Bill S.