Idea For Nh Steve "knowledge Challenge"

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
hi steve, with all of Artie's talk about knowing/understanding more about one pocket than anyone else and his $30,000. challange, i would really like to hear exacly what he knows. however $30K is way out of all of our reach. my suggestion to you is to arrange a "Knowledge Challenge" to be held at this years DCC. maybe you could arrange to have ARTIE, GRADY, FREDDY and last but not least PITTSBURG BILL participate in this challenge. my initail thoughts would be to find a good size room at the horseshoe, have each fellow give a one hour presentation on how to correctly play one pocket. i was also thinking the four participants would put up an entry fee, say $3000. to $5000each. also you could charge an admission fee of say $100. a person to attend the presentations, this money would be added to the prize pool and the winner takes all the cash. naturally there would be judges, maybe 3 of them like NICK VARNER, ALLEN HOPKINS AND JIMMY FUSCO or the like. this could be a major attraction at the DCC! it also would be a fabulous learning opportunity for all of us that seek the knowledge that will improve our game. i would hope that these great players, members of our ONE POCKET HALL OF FAME, would enjoy this unique competition and the knowledge that they would be vastly improving the education of the loyal one pocket community. if this would become a real possibility i would be happy to assist you in anyway i could. thanks for listening. keith

drw

Verified Member
Challenge

Challenge

sappo said:
hi steve, with all of Artie's talk about knowing/understanding more about one pocket than anyone else and his $30,000. challange, i would really like to hear exacly what he knows. however $30K is way out of all of our reach. my suggestion to you is to arrange a "Knowledge Challenge" to be held at this years DCC. maybe you could arrange to have ARTIE, GRADY, FREDDY and last but not least PITTSBURG BILL participate in this challenge. my initail thoughts would be to find a good size room at the horseshoe, have each fellow give a one hour presentation on how to correctly play one pocket. i was also thinking the four participants would put up an entry fee, say $3000. to $5000each. also you could charge an admission fee of say $100. a person to attend the presentations, this money would be added to the prize pool and the winner takes all the cash. naturally there would be judges, maybe 3 of them like NICK VARNER, ALLEN HOPKINS AND JIMMY FUSCO or the like. this could be a major attraction at the DCC! it also would be a fabulous learning opportunity for all of us that seek the knowledge that will improve our game. i would hope that these great players, members of our ONE POCKET HALL OF FAME, would enjoy this unique competition and the knowledge that they would be vastly improving the education of the loyal one pocket community. if this would become a real possibility i would be happy to assist you in anyway i could. thanks for listening. keith
Hey Keith, I guess in this case, you couldn't say ( talk is cheap).

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Any Thoughts On This?????????????????

Any Thoughts On This?????????????????

no talk isnt cheap, but real quality information..... PRICELESS

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Artie first brought up this challenge to me a couple of years ago. Like you, I certainly like the idea -- in fact I talked to Pat Fleming about it a little at that time.

Let's just say spectator admission to such a challenge was $100 - $200, which would be a hell of a good deal if you succeeded in getting a challenging knowledge competition with guys such as Artie, Grady, Cardone, The Beard or Eddie Robin, "Squirrel", etc, etc.

How many of us would chip in?

I would.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Billy,grady,freddy & Artie--your Thoughts???

Billy,grady,freddy & Artie--your Thoughts???

hi fellows, there has been so much talk about the proper/best way to play one pocket. there are hundreds of one pocket players who are very, very hungry to learn more about the game. if something like this could ever take place you might be doing more for the game than anyone has contributed in the past! i would like your opinions on this idea and i would love to hear from the rest of the onepocket.org members about their thoughts. NH STEVE replied he was interested, how about the rest of us? thanks in advance for for imput. sappo