Just For Fun: Scratches, Errors Of Commission Or Omission?

Jimmy B

Verified Member

When the cue ball is right up against a ball it can interfere with your stroke, because you don't want to disturb it. This is one way to scratch from here.

bstroud

Verified Member
Well I had one happen yesterday.

Had the 7 ball at the middle diamond between the two pockets and the cue ball up table about head string and in the middle as well.

Spun the 7 in my pocket and scratched in the side pocket.
Go figure.

Opponent said it was bad luck?

I was playing shape up table. Never seen that before?

Bill S.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
You have a 7-2 lead against Him. How do you scratch from here?

youhim.jpg

Arthur "Mistake-Free" Bodendorfer said:
Wel dennies ill till you wat id due. Ove corse the shuter probly tried to 3 rail the 10 ball and dblekised it and sratched in the side. That's npt a good shOot to shot. PlaYers today due not now the wright way to play the game like all ove the plyera I played and beet.

You are a very knowledgeable player Artie, SVB did indeed try to 3-rail the 10 ball and he did scratch in the side:p:D.

svb's scratch.jpg

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Ok. Grady gets a double kiss and goes in the side. KM goes around and goes in his own pocket....

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I can see Grady banking that ball "straight back" toward his hole with inside english to avoid the kiss, and either scratching in the far corner top left by going one-rail with the cue ball, or with a little extra english, going three rails with the cue and scratching in the side on his side of the table.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
McCready I can see drawing the cue ball as he two-rails (twice across) that ball toward his pocket and scratching in the top corner on his own side.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Balls go where you shoot 'em. Here's JR's response to SD's break in game 3. This is from the 2001 D.C.C., JR was still thinking like a 14.1 player, he had yet to come to the one-pocket thought process, although, he would probably shoot from here everytime anyway, he plays too good not to:eek:.

Do you think he learned anything?:)

View attachment 7691

He was the first guy I ever saw beat Nick Varner, at the wedge game in a tournament.
Then a year or so later he won a One pocket championship, I think it was 1997.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
He was the first guy I ever saw beat Nick Varner, at the wedge game in a tournament.
Then a year or so later he won a One pocket championship, I think it was 1997.

JR had one of the smoothest, most free-flowing strokes I've ever seen. Back around 1997-2000 or so he was learning the game. Richeson would give him 10-8 and JR would learn things, then they'd switch it up and play 14.1. I don't recall if any weight was involved but probably a little. Richeson ran the ugliest 94 balls you've ever seen(cueball flying everywhere) and still lost the game. I played JR a couple of times and it was always on my mind how many balls he could run. Naturally he played the stack very well also.

Dennis