You are up 6 to 4

youngstown

Verified Member
Your pocket is bottom right

yk

Last edited:

GoldCrown

Verified Member
lag into the dark solid. put cue on left side rail near 1st diamond/corner pocket

keoneyo

Verified Member
Im trying to put balls out of play.
I rub off the 6 and land snugged up by the 14.
Hopefully the 6 ties up the balls on my side and whitey is frozen to the strip ball.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
If my pocket is the bottom right, I would assume it is by the counters. I would bank the 3 straight back. It looks like it fits past the 5.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If my pocket is the bottom right, I would assume it is by the counters. I would bank the 3 straight back. It looks like it fits past the 5.
what percentage are you making it or leaving it in the jaws??
what are you doing with the cue ball??
dont you think you leave him a shot if you miss ???

keoneyo

Verified Member

No offense, but if youre my opponent Im hoping you shoot that shot.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
No offense, but if youre my opponent Im hoping you shoot that shot.

I dont think the 3 even passes the 1. If you were going to bank at your hole I would think the 1 is the shot and just make sure you follow the CB someplace where you dont give up a shot at the 3.

EDIT: Oh wait, you said past the 5?...Your pocket is the bottom right not left :)

keoneyo

Verified Member
I dont think the 3 even passes the 1. If you were going to bank at your hole I would think the 1 is the shot and just make sure you follow the CB someplace where you dont give up a shot at the 3.

EDIT: Oh wait, you said past the 5?...Your pocket is the bottom right not left :)

Please take note where the rock is at. Flush against the rail and you will be bridging on the metal counters. Any offensive shot is a sell out. Unless youre Shannon Daulton or Keone Brumback.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Please take note where the rock is at. Flush against the rail and you will be bridging on the metal counters. Any offensive shot is a sell out. Unless youre Shannon Daulton or Keone Brumback.

Heck yea, no way would I shoot anything other than what you initially suggested and I agreed with :)

I was just commenting on mhilton's shot.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Need to get back to the bottom rail, anything else leaves him offensive opportunities. Something like this anyway.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Heck yea, no way would I shoot anything other than what you initially suggested and I agreed with :)

I fully understand that. Was trying to make a little joke with my friend Johnny Brumback while pointing out the obvious.:heh

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I fully understand that. Was trying to make a little joke with my friend Johnny Brumback while pointing out the obvious.:heh

hehe, gotcha!

1pwannabe - I thought of that shot too but figured going off of the 6 was a lot easier and really not much offensive he can do if I am close to that stripe

keoneyo

Verified Member
hehe, gotcha!

1pwannabe - I thought of that shot too but figured going off of the 6 was a lot easier and really not much offensive he can do if I am close to that stripe

The fact that whitey is traveling a distance of over 20 feet and you are bridging from a difficult spot makes this shot a hazard to your health. What if you clip the yellow ball. You might sell out a shot to his hole and leave another for shape. Or just as worse leave him an opportunity to pocket a ball bringing a ball down and snookering you at the same time. It looks pretty though. I wish I could diagram shots like that. The problem is executing them.:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Need to get back to the bottom rail, anything else leaves him offensive opportunities. Something like this anyway.

if you dont open up his banking lanes by hitting the 6 or how the solid and 14? end up ... nice shot
i think the cue ball will go short rail long rail to the foot rail
being froze i am not sure you can spint enough for your cue ball path
moot point since you get to the foot rail

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
There are problems with thinning the 5 ball, tough hit from that CB position to begin with and you could easily make it in the corner pocket with a little thicker hit, then the CB takes a different path possibly leaving a bank...

Tough shot considering the availability of the shot Keoneyo suggested. Looks like the simplest move is about a 1/2 ball hit on the left side of the 6 floating into the side rail then the foot rail very near or against the 14 ball. It's definitely what I'd do.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN

If I was feeling good that day, I would still honestly shoot the bank. I am probably a 75% to make it other than that it would be a threat by my pocket. It is definitely aggressive (I am not a real aggressive player by the way) but I have been hitting these shots great lately. Even off the rail.