2011 DCC - "CaliRed" Presents - Episode 6 - "Alex OP Challenge"

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Episode 6 is a 14 min video shot on 1/23/11 at 9:50 pm, of Alex Pagulayan attempting the onepocket challenge. Here's a quick summary of the rules.

The players have five turns to break the balls wide open and run as many as they can in one pocket. The total ball count at the end of the five turns is their score. This year it will cost them $50 for two chances (five turns each) or $100 for four chances.

I was walking by the AZB room (the onepocket challenge is held in this room too, during certain times) and poked my head in the door. I saw Alex warming up, so I setup my camcorder. I had no choice but to set it up in the hallway, in the doorway. This room is very small and has 2 tables in it.

In the 1st minute or so, you see Alex practicing, then he breaks open his 1st rack. Right off the bat, he has to shoot a cut combo, which he makes, then shoots the 8 and gets on the 6. On the 6, I really can't figure out what he was trying to do. He shot softly so I think he was trying to hit the 10 and have a shot on the 13. He hooked himself and had to shoot a very off angle 1 ball and missed. Total of that rack - 3.

The 2nd rack, he did well and got into a rough spot when he got froze on the 13. After a "Yeah Baby!", he caroms the 13 off the 2 ball to continue his run. He gets down to the last ball and sets up a perfect bank on it, but misses. Total of that rack - 14. This challenge is tough!

Because I was close to the action and I used my zoom on this video, I am proud to say that this might be the clearest and sharpest pool video clip I have ever seen on the Internet. I love my camera and wished I could be traveling around to all the tournaments shooting video to share with pool fans!:)

<embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=20189419&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="506" width="900">