Evaluating a game

Jlincoln

Recently I was playing a guy who had me stuck 6 games in about 4 hours. I never quit though, and after being down 6 i won the next 7 out of 8 games we played. Usually I can tell right away if I have an edge on the game or not, but this one is difficult. I was never leading in the match, was stuck 6 games, but we broke even. Who has the best of the game in this instance, the guy who was up 6 games or the guy who came back and got even?

NJshooter

Verified Member
I don't think that question can be answered in that form or in this forum. Who knows. If you were both regulars, and I've seen you both play regularly and I think I have a very good handle on how good each of you are, sure, I would be able to have an opinion as to who I think "is better" so to speak. In your case -- maybe he fell apart, maybe you got into a really strong groove, maybe you stepped up and he faltered a bit, maybe impatience set in, maybe, maybe, maybe. Who really knows, except you and him, and even at that you might not really know.

But based upon what you said -- I say any answer is strictly blind and absent of any quality information.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Your whole focus on who is the better player or who has the better game sounds insecure and misplace to me. Try this: Approach the whole subject as a student or an inquirer. Try your best to win every time...not to be regarded as the best player. Accept the results with truth and ambivalence. Ask yourself what you should have done that would have had a better result. Try to get better than you are. Try again and again and again. The results should improve.

Jlincoln

Your whole focus on who is the better player or who has the better game sounds insecure and misplace to me. Try this: Approach the whole subject as a student or an inquirer. Try your best to win every time...not to be regarded as the best player. Accept the results with truth and ambivalence. Ask yourself what you should have done that would have had a better result. Try to get better than you are. Try again and again and again. The results should improve.

I am asking for gambling purposes only. I could care less bout being the better player, I just want the money. If I cared about that, I would try to be a hero and play him even.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Recently I was playing a guy who had me stuck 6 games in about 4 hours. I never quit though, and after being down 6 i won the next 7 out of 8 games we played. Usually I can tell right away if I have an edge on the game or not, but this one is difficult. I was never leading in the match, was stuck 6 games, but we broke even. Who has the best of the game in this instance, the guy who was up 6 games or the guy who came back and got even?

If you can get stuck six games in four hours, you don't have the best of the game. If you can lose a six game lead in just eight games, you don't have the best of the game.:sorry

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I don't even start playing until I have lost five or more, then I have the game clocked and I can lose the rest more quickly.