Shorty

Verified Member
From
Melbourne, Florida
START(
%AQ0L1%BN9J2%CD2O0%PF4T9%QA6[5%UM2D8%VN9I4%WO5L7%XF7T3%Yj5C9
%ZR0K9%[r1F8%\k5C7%]G5Y1%^r7G3%eA6b1%f7%g5%_E6M0%`N1K0%aP0K6
)END

I know it's not a perfect shot...but I can easily get a ball towards my hole and stick him pretty easily behind the 3.

Shorty

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
i havent figured out the wei table but i like 2 different shots. 1st playing conservately, bank the 2 ball to my side and hide the cb up against the 3 ball. 2nd more aggressive, 2 rail the 1 ball to your pocket and have the cb carom into the 2 ball crossing it to your pocket. this way you have 2 ball going to your pocket, if you make either youre out.

iusedtoberich

Verified Member
If there is enough room for the bank...

Cueball goes to B, or probably a bit further in that direction.

START(
%AQ0L1%BN9J2%CD2O0%PF4T9%QA6[5%RQ1E4%WD2O6%XF2T7%YE0D2%ZD1N5
%[C8[6%\E2D0%]P9F3%^E4O1%eB5_9%f7%g5
)END

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Since you're likely to sell-out a bank if you miss either of these solution shots, I'd be more inclined to go for the 3-ball bank, since it's an easier shot than the 1-ball two railer.

Doc

scotttheshooter

Verified Member
From
Phoenix Area
I Like This Shot...But

I Like This Shot...But

sappo said:
i havent figured out the wei table but i like 2 different shots. 1st playing conservately, bank the 2 ball to my side and hide the cb up against the 3 ball. 2nd more aggressive, 2 rail the 1 ball to your pocket and have the cb carom into the 2 ball crossing it to your pocket. this way you have 2 ball going to your pocket, if you make either youre out.

Depending on who I was playing - I like this shot but I don't trust the carom on the 2 ball. It looks like you have to hit it fairly firm to make sure it left the area and that turns the cueball loose.

I would play that 2 railer on the 1 ball but pull the cue back on the inside of the 2 ball leaving the cueball almost straight in on the 3 to my hole. That would move the 2 ball over closer to the rail-hopefully making a return bank to his hole a little more difficult. Where the 1 ball comes to rest will tell the tale.

If I was playing any of the onepocket.org members - I'd shoot Doc's shot.

Official_Donator

I know this is probably not the right shot, but it's something I would probably get stupid and try. Where's the biggest risk in this one?

START(
%AQ0L1%BN9J2%CD2O0%PF4T9%QA6[5%WT4D2%XO5I6%Yb2R5%ZU2C5%f7%g5
%_O8K1%`M5K6%aF9T2
)END

Mike

Verified Member
It looks like you may be able to bank the 2 one rail and go 3 rails behind the 3 ball.

START(
%AQ0L1%BN9J2%CD2O0%PF4T9%QA6[5%UD0[2%VJ9C6%Ws9U9%X_8C7%YK8D2
%ZN6I3%[n3[4%\s6V0%]O2C9%^m9[2%eC2`4%f7%g5%__3C7%`O3J6%aF9T2
)END

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
sappo said:
... more aggressive, 2 rail the 1 ball to your pocket and have the cb carom into the 2 ball crossing it to your pocket. this way you have 2 ball going to your pocket, if you make either youre out.
That was exactly the shot. those two balls happened to lay just right for that two-way shot. The carom-bank nearly went (one rail) first, but hung up, and the two rail shot came around like it had eyes directly toward the pocket and ended up knocking the ball that got there first home! For a split second it looked like the first ball was going to interfere with the second ball, for a hard-luck miss, but it cooperated by dropping, leaving the second ball right in front of the pocket for an easy out.

Official_Donator

gulfportdoc said:
OD, that's a decent safety, but the proposition was how to get out from that layout. :)

Doc

Yeah, that's one that I've been learning to not try to get out on. Going for it I would two rail the one ball and try to carom the 2 at my pocket. There's too many things that I could do wrong there and would rather just lengthen the game and have another cup of coffee. Then again, I could hit the two railer and live up to my nickname.....:)

Official_Donator

...the other thing that I forgot. With the carom of the 2 ball (either possible or non-existant), unless the cue ball ends up behind the 3, your opponent will have a full table bank at the two if it's not on the rail. Is it wrong for me to think so "safe oriented" when in positions like this or should I just go for glory and hope for the best?

By the way, I'm still trying to learn this game. I'm decent at the striped ball game, but love strategy games such as one pocket. Right now I just try to find opponents that will make the losses comprable to taking a lesson from a really good instructor.:D One day I will catch up with the rest of the croud.....