Enhanced Mike Surber video

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Here's a link to a copy of the recently enhanced video of Mike's killer. It's still not great, but anyone who has studied these new pics would probably be able to recognize the guy.

Soon the techs who enhanced the video are going to have an internet blitz to law enforcement, pool sites, pool organizaations, and individuals in effort to cast out a net. ~Doc

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+surber+murder+enhanced+2015

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Enhanced Mike Surber video

Man I hope this helps. It is clear enough to me that, if someone knows this guy, they should recognize him. With all the social media out there now, I hope this new blitz does the job. Sorry about your friend Doc.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Here's a link to a copy of the recently enhanced video of Mike's killer. It's still not great, but anyone who has studied these new pics would probably be able to recognize the guy.

Soon the techs who enhanced the video are going to have an internet blitz to law enforcement, pool sites, pool organizaations, and individuals in effort to cast out a net. ~Doc

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+surber+murder+enhanced+2015

The enhancement is (to me) surprisingly good.

Anyone who knows the guy should easily recognize him.

beatle

Verified Member
yes it is much better but they need to just have a couple good shots of him. people that are not interested in mike will not watch a 4 and half minute video. even too long for general authorities to bother with.

get three good shots and put it on azb and here and ask for it to be distributed on social media.

u12armresl

Verified Member
I have to tell you from an investigator standpoint unless there is no interest from police, there are way too many loose ends to not have a suspect name.

A stolen credit card is a whole trail in and of itself. Where was it stolen from, the person had to be in that area, or bought it off of someone else. Was that stolen card SUCCESSFULLY used anywhere before it was reported stolen, if so where and what video do they have.

I could go on and on, but if I was the lead investigator in this, I'd have exhausted these leads and more by now.

This is sad and while I didn't know Mike, he deserves better.

RedCard

Verified Member
Some of the stills from the video would seem to have enough information for facial recognition technology to kick out some suspects.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
View attachment 13499Please join the group if you are on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1514573228867676/

We have already got hits. We have had possible suspects in Illinois and Alabama. You can download the poster too. It's 11x17 but we are about to do another copy 8.5x11.

I am researching the reward that was originally offered to see if we can add it to the poster.

Thanks,

Ray

Attachments

• wanted_mike_surber2 smaller.jpg
    wanted_mike_surber2 smaller.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Bigtruck

Verified Member
***UPDATE - We have a solid lead and may soon know the true identity of the man shown in this poster. 11-24-2015

Attachments

• wanted_mike_surber2 smaller.jpg
    wanted_mike_surber2 smaller.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 0

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
There is a current suspect who is promising. I have seen his photos from both 1999 and also 2011. They are pretty close to what I remember. The authorities are in the process of following up on this new lead with other parties. DNA is involved, so hopefully they'll know something in the next few weeks. This particular suspect is currently incarcerated, so he's not going anywhere.

~Doc

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
There is a current suspect who is promising. I have seen his photos from both 1999 and also 2011. They are pretty close to what I remember. The authorities are in the process of following up on this new lead with other parties. DNA is involved, so hopefully they'll know something in the next few weeks. This particular suspect is currently incarcerated, so he's not going anywhere.

~Doc

Great news, Doc. In my days as an idealist, I used to be against capital punishment but there are some individuals in this world that are just wasting decent folk's oxygen when they breathe.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Here is the latest updates that we can share:

We have someone who is certain that the man in the security video IS their family member. Everything fits. The relative is a career criminal and about the right age. This means we now have a name. They also shared a mugshot of their family member. It does appear to be him. The problem we have is the mugshot is from 16 yrs ago and the family hasn't seen or heard from him in over 8 yrs!

We had another member of the Facebook group, Catch a Killer, that ran the name through the NCIC system. We got a hit!! The man is incarcerated but WAS not at the time of murder! The problem was the photo attached to that name. The family member does not think this one is him.

Several things could be going on here. 1. They system could have the incorrect photo attached. 2. The man's appearance could be different due to Meth. (what he was arrested for. 3. It could be the wrong person with same name.

Captain Jackson with the Ocean Springs PD is looking into all possibilities. In the meantime we should stay vigilant. Keep spreading the poster. Keep looking out for possible matches.

The good news is we still have someone who is certain that the perp is their family member and even if the person who came up on the NCIC isn't the guy, we can continue efforts to locate the person's family member.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Ray

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Here is the latest updates that we can share:

We have someone who is certain that the man in the security video IS their family member. Everything fits. The relative is a career criminal and about the right age. This means we now have a name. They also shared a mugshot of their family member. It does appear to be him. The problem we have is the mugshot is from 16 yrs ago and the family hasn't seen or heard from him in over 8 yrs!

We had another member of the Facebook group, Catch a Killer, that ran the name through the NCIC system. We got a hit!! The man is incarcerated but WAS not at the time of murder! The problem was the photo attached to that name. The family member does not think this one is him.

Several things could be going on here. 1. They system could have the incorrect photo attached. 2. The man's appearance could be different due to Meth. (what he was arrested for. 3. It could be the wrong person with same name.

Captain Jackson with the Ocean Springs PD is looking into all possibilities. In the meantime we should stay vigilant. Keep spreading the poster. Keep looking out for possible matches.

The good news is we still have someone who is certain that the perp is their family member and even if the person who came up on the NCIC isn't the guy, we can continue efforts to locate the person's family member.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Ray

Thank you Ray and everyone else who has kept this search alive. I met and played Mike on a trip to Gulfport a few years ago and again at The Derby. Great guy and player who deserves justice.

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
Thank you Ray and everyone else who has kept this search alive

Mike and I grew our respective games at Jack and Jill's in Arlington, Beenie's place

Was as nice a guy that you'd ever want to meet, great player and an even better person

So many thanks to all that has continued to look for this scumbag piece of shiit

RIP Mike, this guy seems to be in sight. Hopefully the end is near ...

Think of you often

Billy

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky

~Doc

Oh, wow, if there's DNA from the original crime scene, it just seems like a matter of time. The real question is: why?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
The real question is: why?

I speculate that he chose a pool room because he knew that someone who gambled would be far more likely to have cash than a random person on the street. Maybe just a coincidence that Mike was the person that gave him the answer he wanted.