shane vs dennis accustats invitational #2

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
shane is still shooting at the left corner pocket as you look at the diagram
you are shooting the 8 but where and how do you go from there??
SHANE 3.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
SVB has a good opportunity here to kick the 5 and 4 (7?) away from the rail. He has an easy shot on his 8 ball, and he can use high left spin to go two rails and knock out both balls. He can then shoot the 5 or 6 --whichever is available-- then go from there.

~Doc

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
looks like a couple of soft inside draws get you around here and a natural angle could separate the two solids on the rail (with any luck the seven goes in the side). hoping for a favorable roll and going from there.

(let the "miller abuse" begin....:p)

larry shan v dennis.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
looks like a couple of soft inside draws get you around here and a natural angle could separate the two solids on the rail (with any luck the seven goes in the side). hoping for a favorable roll and going from there.

View attachment 10806

MILLER
AFTER YOU SHOT THE 8 WHAT DID YOU DO NEXT????
i assume the 6 then the 10
but you know what happens when you ASS U ME
things.....:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

View attachment 10806

how did you erase the 6 ball.......:confused:.......:eek:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
MILLER
AFTER YOU SHOT THE 8 WHAT DID YOU DO NEXT????
i assume the 6 then the 10
but you know what happens when you ASS U ME
things.....:D

that's what i'm thinking. don't think you need to go forward to get on the six (i guess its one of those you would have to be looking at). i'm thinking the 10 is the "key" shot to do something (hopefully) with those solids.

how did you erase the 6 ball.......:confused:.......:eek:

"PAINT" just a rectangle box colored the same as the cloth. easy to cut/copy and paste balls also....

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
SVB has a good opportunity here to kick the 5 and 4 (7?) away from the rail. He has an easy shot on his 8 ball, and he can use high left spin to go two rails and knock out both balls. He can then shoot the 5 or 6 --whichever is available-- then go from there.

~Doc
I like that - if you need those balls moving them out at no cost to your run is a dramatic improvement of your chances. Good eye, Doc.

pj
chgo

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
TELL THE TRUTH TOM......;).......:)
WOULD YOU really have shot it???

I must have misunderstood what shot you said SVB shot.

From the angle you said he had I thought you were saying this was his shot. This is exactly the shot I would attempt from that position given the score.

Tom

Two rails and split the five and seven. I have to hit the five first so the cue ball runs out toward the middle of the table and the seven will likely fall in the side. I have a lot of room for error with the six and ten as back up shots. What I can't understand is why he didn't take the same shot. Now he has to play for a stop shot bank on the seven to get straight in on the five. Tough out there.

Sorry Doc. I didn't read any of the posts past the one Larry directed to me. Now I see you saw the same shot. Nice going Doc.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Dustin, you are a true gamboli! Do you really want to try to run the cue across the table and take the risk of scratching in the side? :eek:

Draw the rock two rails and play for the bank.

Tom

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

~Doc

doc gets a cookie
shane hit the 7 ball full knocking it down the rail
the cue ball bumped the rail alttle
( ALERT.....IGNORE THE YELLOW ARROW POINTING TOWARD THE FOOT RAIL...!!!!!......)
here is how he left him self
i might be easily impressed but the accuracy of both position play shots i thought were pretty sporty...:D
SHANE 10.jpg

SHANE 7.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
shane made the 5 but left himself straight on the 6
he had to draw down toward the 1 and 7
he left himself where he had to bank the 7 which went long and the game went on

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
shane vs dennis accustats invitational #2

Great WWYD Larry. Thanks.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

~Doc

I don't know whether I would shoot it, but I think Shane's eyes give a clue that it's what he's going to shoot, and I think it's the right shot for him.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Sorry Doc. I didn't read any of the posts past the one Larry directed to me. Now I see you saw the same shot. Nice going Doc.
No need to mention it. Kudos to you for posting the actual response lines. You're welcomed to share the cookie with me. However if it's an Oreo, I get the bottom half with the icing attached.:D

Actually I would hope to drive the CB into the rail first before striking the 7 ball, which would provide a better leave. But it's tough to be that accurate. Come to think of it, the shot should probably be struck with speed. That would likely guarantee more movement on the little cluster, and it would still leave a few shot possibilities-- maybe better ones.

~Doc