Goodwin vs. Parica 1996 U.S. Open

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Since them thar fellers at the DCC have all the attention right now I thought I'd show a few breaks from various players. This first one is the first game of this match, Goodwin broke and it's Parica's shot. What would you do?

Goodwin's Break.jpg

Goodwin's Break.Jpeg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
First; I liked banking the 10 ball back to the stack. Doesn't look as if the CB can miss the 12 ball.

Second; I liked banking the 12 ball into the 5 ball. Looks like the 10 ball's in the way.

Finally, bank the 15 ball with inside and stick the CB on the 7 ball.

Rod.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
to stick the q in the stack i think you have to combo into the 5 and send it towards your side.
like this
12.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
If the angles are a little different then the 10 into the rail into the 5 and the cue ball up near the 8.

Bill S.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
bstroud said:
If the angles are a little different then the 10 into the rail into the 5 and the cue ball up near the 8.

Bill S.
bill i think this is what you mean.
correct me if im wrong
69.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I have screwed up my Greenshot again, but my plan is to play off the 8, off the long rail, and into the cavity between the 5 and the 15.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
vapros said:
I have screwed up my Greenshot again, but my plan is to play off the 8, off the long rail, and into the cavity between the 5 and the 15.

I looked at that also, but we'd pretty much leave a free long rail bank.;)
Rod.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
androd said:
First; I liked banking the 10 ball back to the stack. Doesn't look as if the CB can miss the 12 ball.

Second; I liked banking the 12 ball into the 5 ball. Looks like the 10 ball's in the way.

Finally, bank the 15 ball with inside and stick the CB on the 7 ball.

Rod.
I like your choice #1, if you can get past the twelve. It will open up more balls to your side.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
vapros said:
This, for some strange reason, is the shot Jose chose.

Parica's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it:

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Yep, he's my hero. The eye of a turkey buzzard, the nerve of a house burglar and the smile of a cub scout. I prob'ly should retire after picking this one right. All you guys are now on my beat list. :D