Suggestions on tournament format please

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
I would like to promote a small bank pool tourny locally. I have two things against me going in; it would be on bar boxes and I am really going to have to beat the drum to find enough players willing to try it (hoping for 16). I hope that by charging a modest entry and putting up a generous added amount I will be able to get some interest. Plus I will pay the hall green fees so the tables can be open. Now that I have bored you I'll ask my question. We can run it either a race to X number of games or a race to a total ball count. Which do you think would be better for a tournament where there will be mostly newbees to the world of banks? Naturally this will be short rack banks.

Thanks for your valued opinions, Pel

John Brumback

Verified Member
Draw partners

Draw partners

They used to have these In Cincy,OH and they were alot of fun that drew
all types of players.

Or maybe a race to 3 on the winners and race to 2 on the losers.Good luck,
hope you get em going good.John B.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
yah.....

yah.....

....partners or Scotch doubles or...?????You'll get it,keep on pushin,cheers,James

John Brumback

Verified Member
....partners or Scotch doubles or...?????You'll get it,keep on pushin,cheers,James

Good thinking Blues!! Yeah Pel,I meant scotch doubles with the partners format.
Lot's of fun for em.Cheers to ya'll.John B.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Got to get the when and where worked out - after I recoup from the surgery I had a few days ago. Will have to check the local establishments and see who is interested in having something like this.

A 16 player field we can get by on 4 tables. What I am thinking, just thinking ya know, is say a $25 entry with a $1000 guaranteed pot for a full field. Pay the top 4 places - $400, $300, $200, $100.

Pel

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
14 out of 27

14 out of 27

You could try first one to 14. Playing 3 racks all the way out every game until somebody hits 14. Maker of the last ball breaks the next game.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
John, you sure you didn't mean - Scotch, make it a double! :lol

Pel

HAHA Yeah as long as It doesn't taste like rotten burnt wood.That's the only
kind I have tasted.Good luck down there,hell I might come to that one too!!
John B.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
HAHA Yeah as long as It doesn't taste like rotten burnt wood.That's the only
kind I have tasted.Good luck down there,hell I might come to that one too!!
John B.

Would sure love to have you attend. Might be a bit far for you though, do the mapquest to Foley, AL and see what you get.

I'm with you on Scotch, tried it and didn't like it. Usta drink a lot of Crown but these days I'm just a cold beer kinda guy :D

Pel

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
You could try first one to 14. Playing 3 racks all the way out every game until somebody hits 14. Maker of the last ball breaks the next game.

Beard

Freddie, do you think the ball count would be easier for folks that are not real familiar with banks to understand rather than a race to X games.

Thanks for the input, Pel

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
It is a simple method

It is a simple method

Freddie, do you think the ball count would be easier for folks that are not real familiar with banks to understand rather than a race to X games.

Thanks for the input, Pel

Just count it up and keep score. Play the games all the way out and first one to make 14 banks wins.

Beard

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Just count it up and keep score. Play the games all the way out and first one to make 14 banks wins.

Beard

Thanks Freddie, that sounds easy enough to score. Maybe make the final a race to 23.

Really appreciate everone's input on this. Thinking about putting in another 100 of added money and make 1st place 500.

Mayhaps do a calcutta to get the railbirds involved.

Later my friends, Pel