Props to Baby Huey...

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
Jerry Meachem, owner of the pool hall in Ventura, beat Sylver and Gabe in the DCC tourny. Not bad for a Southern Cali boy.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
demonrho said:
Jerry Meachem, owner of the pool hall in Ventura, beat Sylver and Gabe in the DCC tourny. Not bad for a Southern Cali boy.
Good guy & good player, too.

Attachments

• email-0899.jpg
    email-0899.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 0

1pocket1

Verified Member
From
Signal Hill, CA
Dcc

Dcc

Jerry played great onepocket. He is a very tough player. He almost beat Earl also, who went on to finish second. Very nice tournament Jerry.

Ken Thomason

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Wow, talk about

Wow, talk about

demonrho said:

butchering a name. My fellow pool hall proprietor and friend is
Jerry Matchin.

And he has done better. Must be getting old and I will razz him about it.

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
suki said:
butchering a name. My fellow pool hall proprietor and friend is
Jerry Matchin..

Unfortunately, that's not all I butcher :rolleyes: I only know of him as Baby Huey and was just guessing at his real name. Love the way he plays. Suki, if you are who I think you are, I've been hearing stories of your old pool places by an ex-employee of yours called Japanese Kent. He used to hang with San Jose Buddy. He's got good things to say about you and been telling me stories about what went down in that area in the good old days.

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
You think right

You think right

demonrho said:
Unfortunately, that's not all I butcher :rolleyes: I only know of him as Baby Huey and was just guessing at his real name. Love the way he plays. Suki, if you are who I think you are, I've been hearing stories of your old pool places by an ex-employee of yours called Japanese Kent. He used to hang with San Jose Buddy. He's got good things to say about you and been telling me stories about what went down in that area in the good old days.

Wow, small world.. I have not heard or seen Kent in over 30 years, I think.
That was way back when I bought Red Carpet Billiards. And Buddy, now that was an up and coming player, never knew what happened to him.
Kent was a great guy. Did he ever get good at pool? LOL>
Dick
P.S.Did he talk about me in infamous or famous terms? ha

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
suki said:
Wow, small world.. I have not heard or seen Kent in over 30 years, I think.
That was way back when I bought Red Carpet Billiards. And Buddy, now that was an up and coming player, never knew what happened to him.
Kent was a great guy. Did he ever get good at pool? LOL>
Dick
P.S.Did he talk about me in infamous or famous terms? ha

Kent picked up a pretty good knowledge of one pocket and he and Buddy were in action for awhile until each of them finally wised up. Buddy became a family-man/working stiff and Kent ended up as a glamour photographer. Kent told me about one of your infamous exploits where you singlehandedly had to "persuade" a couple of would-be tough guys to leave your establishment:D

bobbycotton

Verified Member
"confessions Of A Pool Hustler"

"confessions Of A Pool Hustler"

Hey Baby Huey, saw you shot down some young guns, you still a bad man, nice shooting !