One-Pocket goes Europe

Espen

From
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hi all,

This is call out to all One-Pocket players!

First let me introduce myself to you, I am Espen, I live in Amsterdam, in The Netherlands, I love pool, and recently have come to love One-Pocket.

So much so I hosted our 1st local Open One-Pocket tournament which got great response and included Dutch Champion, Alex Lely. (we had a great day)

I've been chatting with Angel Levine of Chicago amongst others to grow interest in the game here in Amsterdam and in Europe.

Would you please tape yourself (or get someone to tape you) on your iphone,
short one-two minutes answering a couple of questions;
- How did you get started with 1p, and
- Why should (young/old) players get into this game,
- Why do you have such a love(/hate) relationship with the game?

I would also like to get a good story from you, something about a game, or a cool room...

Maybe with a cool poolroom in the background… Background noise and all…

Please start the message with: Hi Espen…... (state your name and where you play)

This would really help me promote, get some deserved visibility for the game, not only here in The Netherlands, but in Europe!

Such a cool game but popularity is not as high as I would want it to be.. and this might help push some onto the game hearing about the mind and skill involved.

This is where I will use the video just to give you an idea of where is is today…
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG_YFXm594gC_oIcdgDXBlQ

Hope to get your support, and thank you for at least reading my request!

you can send your recording unedited to findespen@gmail.com using wetransfer.com (best way... it's free..) I have the tools to edit..

Thank you so much for taking part, and I would like to get as many as possible...
Shannon Doulton, Scott Frost and others are also taking part.
Everone is welcome, especially some of you "old school players in the Hall of Fame...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Hi all,

This is call out to all One-Pocket players!

First let me introduce myself to you, I am Espen, I live in Amsterdam, in The Netherlands, I love pool, and recently have come to love One-Pocket.

So much so I hosted our 1st local Open One-Pocket tournament which got great response and included Dutch Champion, Alex Lely. (we had a great day)

I've been chatting with Angel Levine of Chicago amongst others to grow interest in the game here in Amsterdam and in Europe.

Would you please tape yourself (or get someone to tape you) on your iphone,
short one-two minutes answering a couple of questions;
- How did you get started with 1p, and
- Why should (young/old) players get into this game,
- Why do you have such a love(/hate) relationship with the game?

I would also like to get a good story from you, something about a game, or a cool room...

Maybe with a cool poolroom in the background… Background noise and all…

Please start the message with: Hi Espen…... (state your name and where you play)

This would really help me promote, get some deserved visibility for the game, not only here in The Netherlands, but in Europe!

Such a cool game but popularity is not as high as I would want it to be.. and this might help push some onto the game hearing about the mind and skill involved.

This is where I will use the video just to give you an idea of where is is today…
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG_YFXm594gC_oIcdgDXBlQ

Hope to get your support, and thank you for at least reading my request!

you can send your recording unedited to findespen@gmail.com using wetransfer.com (best way... it's free..) I have the tools to edit..

Thank you so much for taking part, and I would like to get as many as possible...
Shannon Doulton, Scott Frost and others are also taking part.
Everone is welcome, especially some of you "old school players in the Hall of Fame...

Fantastic to hear this Espen, and welcome to One Pocket.org.

Here on OnePocket.org you can learn a lot about different One Pocket shots and One Pocket thinking -- and you will get to hear different points of view which should help clarify your own personal views.

My best advice to new players I put in the "One Pocket Primer" that is one of the pages here on this site -- there is some basic information and also some concepts that become life-long challenges in the game.

http://www.onepocket.org/getting_started.htm

I wrote it about 11 years ago -- maybe it needs to be updated or maybe not, lol.

Espen

From
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Thanks Steve

Thanks Steve

Thanks Steve. Thank you for the welcome too.
We have already a good base of top players around, and "using them, and US players I believe there is a whole new bunch of players that just don't know what it's all about.
With the videos I hope to give them the feeling I have for the game.

Now, I'm not a world champion but a "normal" player trying to champion my own game... One-Pocket has given me an edge I have been looking for or a long time.

Not everyone out there are competing or even playing high-stake money games but I believe One-Pocket can truly give guys games, developing their game, the mindset and in the end the sport of Pocket Billiards.

I hope I get a hundred videos... This in order to substantiate the importance of this game.

Cheers
Espen

Fantastic to hear this Espen, and welcome to One Pocket.org.

Here on OnePocket.org you can learn a lot about different One Pocket shots and One Pocket thinking -- and you will get to hear different points of view which should help clarify your own personal views.

My best advice to new players I put in the "One Pocket Primer" that is one of the pages here on this site -- there is some basic information and also some concepts that become life-long challenges in the game.

http://www.onepocket.org/getting_started.htm

I wrote it about 11 years ago -- maybe it needs to be updated or maybe not, lol.