Jan 6-10 -8 Champions Race to 7 $2000 Entry $5000 added

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Thanks for the updates, John. I agree about Scott in the booth. Excellent work.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Pockets are 4 1/8 and playing tighter than they did for the bank pool last night. Both T-Rex and JJ uncharacteristically missed several shots each. When the score reached 4-1 Tony, JJ had missed 3 balls, two of which definitely cost him the game and the other that probably did. Only one of those 3 was missed because it was a little difficult... more like he shot thinking more about where the CB was going than pocketing the ball.
Thanks for the reports. Which tables are they using for the 1P? I didn't realize that Lacy's had any 4-1/8" pocket tables.

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
The more I hear Scott Rabon the more I appreciate his commentating. For some reason I got a less favorable impression the first couple of times I heard him, but I was wrong. Joe Long (BRLongarm) is in the booth with him and his comments are always interesting. Joe is the Guy who made this tournament happen.

T-Rex beat JJ 7-4
Justin beat Cliif 7-2 (I think)
Danny beat Gabe 7-2 or 7-3 (I think)
Dennis and Josh are hill/hill.

Pockets are 4 1/8 and playing tighter than they did for the bank pool last night. Both T-Rex and JJ uncharacteristically missed several shots each. When the score reached 4-1 Tony, JJ had missed 3 balls, two of which definitely cost him the game and the other that probably did. Only one of those 3 was missed because it was a little difficult... more like he shot thinking more about where the CB was going than pocketing the ball.

Scott is a very good one pocket player and conveys his knowledge of the game well. Could show little more humor/personality IMO but he does grow on you.

The left hand pocket had a little roll off so both players broke for the other side. JJ lost a heartbreaker when he needed them all (7) and Tony needed one and he ran five from nowhere and missed a straight in down the rail drawing back for position on his last ball. Too bad the two favorites drew each other right away.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Thanks for the reports. Which tables are they using for the 1P? I didn't realize that Lacy's had any 4-1/8" pocket tables.

~Doc

Ray corrected himself today... said the pockets are 4 1/4.

Justin beat Josh 7-2

Danny leads Tony 6-5

Cliff - Dennis ?

Jeremy leads Gabe 5-2 (i think)

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
We have "bonus" coverage; only problem is Truck decided to refresh just as Josh got a shot and ran out while off the air. Now the scoreboard is covering the screen so we can't see WTF is happening in Game 12. Josh up 6-5.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Josh wins it 7-5. It's a shame because JJ was up 4-0 in the last game which could have tied the match hill/hill. He had an easy safety to put a ball towards his hole while hiding the cue in a small cluster. I'm not 100% what happened, but he really over cooked the ball he was hiding and banked it right in front of Josh's hole. Which turned the game around and josh won that game 8-4. One minute he was in control and the next he was "sleeping in the street"

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Josh wins it 7-5. It's a shame because JJ was up 4-0 in the last game which could have tied the match hill/hill. He had an easy safety to put a ball towards his hole while hiding the cue in a small cluster. I'm not 100% what happened, but he really over cooked the ball he was hiding and banked it right in front of Josh's hole. Which turned the game around and josh won that game 8-4. One minute he was in control and the next he was "sleeping in the street"

I don't know WTF happened with that shot either. Looked like a muscle spasm because it wasn't a little bit too hard, it went 3 times as far as he intended.

I was still assuming he'd win the match when he lined up on that ball, out of the break, leading in balls, and breaking next.

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
Race to 7 is a great match to watch

Race to 7 is a great match to watch

Ray: this race to 7 format is really great viewing. You really get to see the players skills, and their determination.

Thank you Ray.