Edmundo from Inglewood CA passes...

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
In the spirit of honoring those we learned from, I thought I'd post this: Edmundo Guzman, a 3C and straight rail billiard player from Los Angeles, just passed away on Feb. 7. Those of you who used to play at South Bay Billiards in El Segundo will surely remember him. He was that impeccable little white haired gentleman whose profile looked like it was lifted from a Mayan pyramid carving. In recent years he would play at House of Billiards in Santa Monica.

I learned a bit of balkline billiards under his patient admonishments of: "you must learn to calculate." He introduced me to the beauty of gather shots, delicate double kisses, and the wristy little masse. A lot of stuff that became very usefull in one pocket. In fact, Edmundo introduced me to Mexican Johnny. Everyone who knew Edmundo was impressed with his mastery of pool and billiards, his boundless energy, and his good heart. He will be missed.

His funeral arrangements, for those who are interested, are as follows:

Feb 13 - between 4pm and 8pm - viewing at McCormick Morturary, 635 Prairie Ave. Inglewood, CA 90301

Feb 14 - at 9:30AM Church Service at St. John Chrystom Church, 546 E Florence Ave, Inglewood, CA 90301

Feb 14 - between 11:30AM and 3:00PM - After Church Reception: at McCormick Mortuary (see above address)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I am very sorry to hear that. He sounds like one of those elders that are such a wonderful window into the past. When I was researching Marvin Henderson for the Hall of Fame, bits and pieces of the LA three cushion scene came up, because Marvin was a part of that.