I'm calling out Mr. Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
vapros said:
I've seen that attributed to Dizzy Dean (I think he said 'If you can do it . . .') But that was just a lame excuse for popping off. Bragging is bragging, whether you can do it or not. :eek: :cool:

Vapros,

Please do not discourage the Chicago contingent from unabashed bragging.

We would be left with one (1) sentence responses, or maybe even one (1) WORD posts. Such as "yesse"---"noe"---or "mabee"..:rolleyes:

On second thought,...go ahead and discourage..:eek:

San

PS..Fred, I knew Italian families tend to run large...but 10,000 copies sold,...Wow !!!.:cool:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Yeah, sure

Yeah, sure

SJDinPHX said:
Vapros,

Please do not discourage the Chicago contingent from unabashed bragging.

We would be left with one (1) sentence responses, or maybe even one (1) WORD posts. Such as "yesse"---"noe"---or "mabee"..:rolleyes:

On second thought,...go ahead and discourage..:eek:

San

PS..Fred, I knew Italian families tend to run large...but 10,000 copies sold,...Wow !!!.:cool:

My family is somewhat like the Chicago contingent. I have a very large family and so far they have purchased zero copies. I opened a sandwich joint in my neighborhood about 10 yrs ago. The 200 members of my family didnt spend $200 in 2 yrs. That comes out to about .50 cents a person. They, like the prevalent Chicago attitude, feel, why should you be successful and not me?

the Beard
Never much liked Chicago broads either. Married 2 from Florida. The only Chicago things I really loved was table 13 and table 24 in Bensingers. The bloodstains would never come out of the cloth.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Stole it

Stole it

jay helfert said:
Mohammed Ali made that quote.

He borrowed it from Dizzy Dean. Go back and watch the movie, The Dizzy Dean Story.

the Beard

When I get to braggin, people wanna play me. It worked good years ago when I could actually back it up. Now its just an exercise in pissin people off.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
He borrowed it from Dizzy Dean. Go back and watch the movie, The Dizzy Dean Story.

the Beard

When I get to braggin, people wanna play me. It worked good years ago when I could actually back it up. Now its just an exercise in pissin people off.

In "The Bank Shot", Fats attributes the quote, at that time, to boxer Jack Dempsey.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
stevelomako said:
Yah but at least the post's are short and everybody can understand them.

Steve,

Quoting your own posts is how it starts. Quoting them three times is how you end up in Vegas, telling everybody how great you were.

Dennis<<<------was never great at anything.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Cowboy Dennis said:
Steve,

Quoting your own posts is how it starts. Quoting them three times is how you end up in Vegas, telling everybody how great you were.

Dennis<<<------was never great at anything.

How what starts????

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
stevelomako said:
How what starts????

Not giving up a shot to anyone for 20 years. And never getting in a close game, and then bragging about how much of a gambler you were.

Did you notice in the last couple of weeks that I called and spoke to my little Puerto Rican friend? He's still a character. Says he doesn't play anymore. I've heard that since '85 but this time I think he's telling the truth.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Cowboy Dennis said:
Did you notice in the last couple of weeks that I called and spoke to my little Puerto Rican friend? He's still a character. Says he doesn't play anymore. I've heard that since '85 but this time I think he's telling the truth.

I've had his number, I should have got it to you.

LOL, he aint been playing at all, seriously, LOL, you really aint goin for it are you?

I could probably get him to go to DCC but he might get scared they find his tickle feather and deport him, LOL.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
stevelomako said:
I've had his number, I should have got it to you.

LOL, he aint been playing at all, seriously, LOL, you really aint goin for it are you?

I could probably get him to go to DCC but he might get scared they find his tickle feather and deport him, LOL.

Steve,

I offered to send him a plane ticket and pay his entry to the One-Handed tourney at the DCC and he told me I'd be wasting my money and he would not let me do that. And my offer still stands if he changes his mind.

P.S. I don't think I would come to the U.S. in winter if I lived in Puerto Rico the rest of the time. And he is getting close to 80 years old now.

Dennis