Schedule for HOF 1Pkt Dinner

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
SactownTom said:
What is the day for the 1PKT HOF dinner at the DCC this year?

Looking forward to joining in on the FUN and FOOD..
Tuesday night, January 25th -- doors open at 6PM.

Looking forward to seeing you there!!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Roasted Duck ???

Roasted Duck ???

Roasted Duck is not on the menu...is it Steve ? :rolleyes:

hitnandpikn

Verified Member
Freddy,I was in attendance at last years HOF dinner and was a bit disapointed that more history and background info about the honorees wasn't provided.Please understand I support the HOF's efforts and will be doing my best to be back this year, my suggestion is that you take into account some of the younger fans and others not so connected to the old school experience.I think with a little more stucture and your story relating abilities the dinner could be even better. Last year little time was given to Piggy,s story of rising through the Chicago ranks to elite status,with soft spoken recepients the crowd needs the hosts to fill in the story and accomplishments.Last years crop had some challenges(Parica-foriegn,Piggy-shy,Fats-deceased) with the podium, but with you and Grady filling in the missing elements the night should always be memerable. Looking forward to 2011's HOF dinner, thanks. P.S. no slight to Harry Platis,he was great!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Will try to do

Will try to do

hitnandpikn said:
Freddy,I was in attendance at last years HOF dinner and was a bit disapointed that more history and background info about the honorees wasn't provided.Please understand I support the HOF's efforts and will be doing my best to be back this year, my suggestion is that you take into account some of the younger fans and others not so connected to the old school experience.I think with a little more stucture and your story relating abilities the dinner could be even better. Last year little time was given to Piggy,s story of rising through the Chicago ranks to elite status,with soft spoken recepients the crowd needs the hosts to fill in the story and accomplishments.Last years crop had some challenges(Parica-foriegn,Piggy-shy,Fats-deceased) with the podium, but with you and Grady filling in the missing elements the night should always be memerable. Looking forward to 2011's HOF dinner, thanks. P.S. no slight to Harry Platis,he was great!

Depending on who makes it, I will try to be a little less esoteric. I guess I can be a bit of a pool snob to the young and uninitiated.

Beard

Plus anybody who still might feel it necessary to challenge my infamous "beat list" should take this time to come to DCC and take their case up with the aforementioned players. There will be plenty of them there that are still alive. The challengers will have to present any naysayers to my face to achieve full confirmation. I am looking forward to the Tony Fargo confirmation, for my side that is.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
fred bentivegna said:
Depending on who makes it, I will try to be a little less esoteric. I guess I can be a bit of a pool snob to the young and uninitiated.

Beard

Plus anybody who still might feel it necessary to challenge my infamous "beat list" should take this time to come to DCC and take their case up with the aforementioned players. There will be plenty of them there that are still alive. The challengers will have to present any naysayers to my face to achieve full confirmation. I am looking forward to the Tony Fargo confirmation, for my side that is.

That's a very charitable offer, Mr. Fred, but if I make it to the DCC this year I probably won't spend any time at all verifying your beat list. Not that it isn't important, but . . . I hope you understand.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I do understand, of course.

I do understand, of course.

vapros said:
That's a very charitable offer, Mr. Fred, but if I make it to the DCC this year I probably won't spend any time at all verifying your beat list. Not that it isn't important, but . . . I hope you understand.

I do understand that it isnt important to 99.99% of the universe, and why should it, but for whatever reason, there are those few that seem to....

Beard

...and it is for those few that I am going to dedicate this years DCC.