Derby City - First Day

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
thanx for the updates!

I'll see you all in about 3 hours. I'm just waking up in jeffersonville Ohio....thats as far as I could make it driving last nite.

G.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Saturday - Day Three

Saturday - Day Three

Knocked out of the Banks today. One pocket starts tomorrow and forum members are either already here or rolling in.

Will probably play the match with Ghost & Bernie tomorrow night.

Lots of action going on and Jay Helfert is running the one pocketchallenge. Darren Appleton had a 40+ when I was watching. The Viffer, David Peat is still here and will surely be in action later tonight.

I have a couple other guys wanting to play later this week and will put SJD's $$ in action when I can.

jrhendy said:
Knocked out of the Banks today. One pocket starts tomorrow and forum members are either already here or rolling in.

Lots of action going on and Jay Helfert is running the one pocketchallenge. Darren Appleton had a 40+ when I was watching. The Viffer, David Peat is still here and will surely be in action later tonight.

I have a couple other guys wanting to play later this week and will put SJD's $$ in action when I can.

Thanks for keeping us informed, John.

Deeman

Verified Member
jrhendy said:

John,

Good to see you tonight. The Viffer may have had one too many Zanax to play tonight. However, the wolfing was world class! :) I can't even get Ace to play me for a Snickers Bar but John Schmidt is putting on a pretty nice display of 9 ball but attracting no action yet. Saw the ghost, Doc and Bernie earlier. As John said, folks are starting to roll in.

DeeMan

Scooter is trying to get SVB into another match but at 1:30am it is a little quiet. No action in the TAR Room but we are hopeful. I can't get

Deeman

Verified Member
This may be hard to believe but Scott Frost is playing an unknown player one pocket 40-3, yes, that's 40 to his opponents 3! $1000 a game, with a few additional small side bets.

I have never, ever seen this spot. The guy looks a complete banger but still!

Glad I was here or I wouldn't believe it. Bernie and Ace along with Artie are witnesses.

It is 3:15 am.

DeeMan

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Deeman said:
This may be hard to believe but Scott Frost is playing an unknown player one pocket 40-3, yes, that's 40 to his opponents 3! $1000 a game, with a few additional small side bets.

I have never, ever seen this spot. The guy looks a complete banger but still!

Glad I was here or I wouldn't believe it. Bernie and Ace along with Artie are witnesses.

It is 3:15 am.

DeeMan
deeman did they play normal racks and add up the scores
or did scott spott 27? balls??!!:eek: :confused:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I heard pieces of this, but once again must have missed that one. About that time I was hanging out watching SVB - Scooter and then hanging out in the TAR room, because there were rumors of our own "Dr" playing. He ended up just hanging out in the TAR room for awhile. You who watched the stream probably heard him talking with Justin on it.

Deeman

Verified Member
lll said:
deeman did they play normal racks and add up the scores
or did scott spott 27? balls??!!:eek: :confused:

Scott spotted the first 27. Scott's backed made a stupid 25 to 1 side bet that the guy would not get to two balls and lost it without giving Scott a warning and lost $2500! Word is the guy welsched on the bet or only paid off 2 large!

We then watched Viffer play a heads up for $2000 a game Viffer took down the first game but it was 5:00am and we didn't sweat the rest of there matchup! Both looked about evening matched.

DeeMan

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
you know about line dancing (country music speaking)???
well if scot spots his balls up they are all there for him to run
i know they are up there for the opponent also but scott can do more with the balls closer to his hole
jm very ho

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
I was talking to Nathan in the TAR room and he said Scott met the guy at the craps table and the dude has big money from inventing some big online thing like ebay or google? I forget.

They played 2 or 3 games.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Gerry said:
I was talking to Nathan in the TAR room and he said Scott met the guy at the craps table and the dude has big money from inventing some big online thing like ebay or google? I forget.

They played 2 or 3 games.

The guy created "Grand Theft Auto", very popular game.
They palyed a race to 2 for $2,000.00, basicly the guy was giving Scott 2 Dimes to watch him play!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion" :)

JAM

Verified Member
I heard it through the pool grapvine via cell phone that somebody, a pool peeps, lost over $400,000 on the craps table. I have no idea who it was. I hope he got comped. :p

Deeman

Verified Member
JAM,

Heard the same thing but have not confirmed it. There are several Louis Vitton satchels walking around with piles of cash! I need an accomplice that is a good shot and can run fast! :)

DeeMan
say Hi to Keith for me unless I owe him money!

JAM

Verified Member
Deeman said:
JAM,

Heard the same thing but have not confirmed it. There are several Louis Vitton satchels walking around with piles of cash! I need an accomplice that is a good shot and can run fast! :)

DeeMan
say Hi to Keith for me unless I owe him money!

I just heard that the person who lost the half-million on the dice table is a poker pro who came to the Derby. It is a name that I am not familiar with. I heard that "Cornflakes" and two or three other poker players are in the house. I can't remember their names, though. Keith said he was told that a few poker players who used to actually dabble in pool before they got into poker are attending the Derby this year.