Video of Mike Surber's suspected killer

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
We finally have some video clips of Mike's suspected murder:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC8Lv27_G4s[/ame]

It took a lot of time to convert the video from the unusual format used in this particular surveillance tape. The security tech pieced together segments of the tape, and timed them each to less than 10 minutes so as to load on to YouTube. This is part one, and runs about 9 minutes. Part two will follow in a week or so.

The suspect is about 5' 7" to 5' 8", and weighs 170 to 180 pounds. He's probably in his mid to late 40's. He is relatively soft spoken, and attempts to gain people's confidence. He wore a light blue long-sleeved dress shirt, and charcoal slacks.

As you can see on the video, his obvious features are a receding hairline and a sharp nose line. He wore his dark hair pulled back into a ponytail, and he wore a mustache/goatee at the time. Of course the hair may have changed since 11-10-09.

If you may know who this guy is, please contact Lt. John Flowers at the Ocean Springs, Miss. police department at (228) 875-2211. If for some reason you can't get in touch with Lt. Flowers, you can contact me at (228) 896-6616, or gulfportdoc@yahoo.com

Please pass this video and information on to anyone who you think might be able to help here. We also may ask for volunteers to help look through various State parolee records to see if we can find this man.

Thanks very much!

Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
gulfportdoc said:
We finally have some video clips of Mike's suspected murder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC8Lv27_G4s

It took a lot of time to convert the video from the unusual format used in this particular surveillance tape. The security tech pieced together segments of the tape, and timed them each to less than 10 minutes so as to load on to YouTube. This is part one, and runs about 9 minutes. Part two will follow in a week or so.

The suspect is about 5' 7" to 5' 8", and weighs 170 to 180 pounds. He's probably in his mid to late 40's. He is relatively soft spoken, and attempts to gain people's confidence. He wore a light blue long-sleeved dress shirt, and charcoal slacks.

As you can see on the video, his obvious features are a receding hairline and a sharp nose line. He wore his dark hair pulled back into a ponytail, and he wore a mustache/goatee at the time. Of course the hair may have changed since 11-10-09.

If you may know who this guy is, please contact Lt. John Flowers at the Ocean Springs, Miss. police department at (228) 875-2211. If for some reason you can't get in touch with Lt. Flowers, you can contact me at (228) 896-6616, or gulfportdoc@yahoo.com

Please pass this video and information on to anyone who you think might be able to help here. We also may ask for volunteers to help look through various State parolee records to see if we can find this man.

Thanks very much!

Doc
Thanks for posting this, Art.

Skin

Verified Member
Hate to say it, but a red flag would have gone up in my mind immediately after realizing the guy is far more interested in scoping people out than his beer or pool. Everything about the guy in the tape screams Red Alert.

I hope they catch him for questioning.

Skin

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Skin said:
Hate to say it, but a red flag would have gone up in my mind immediately after realizing the guy is far more interested in scoping people out than his beer or pool. Everything about the guy in the tape screams Red Alert.
That's a good observation, Skin. This guy was definitely a predator/con man type. To me, his beguiling, moderated tone voice was a real tip-off that the guy was up to no good.

Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
2 new videos of Mike Surber's suspected killer

2 new videos of Mike Surber's suspected killer

We now have 3 videos, totalling approx. 23 minutes. About 2 minutes into the 3rd video we can see the suspect conversing with Mike Surber at the bar. Mike is wearing a white polo shirt. Then later we see them leaving together.

Mike Surber Murder Suspect Part One: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC8Lv27_G4s[/ame]

Mike Surber Murder Suspect Part Two: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIyjcWIX8Fc[/ame]

Mike Surber Murder Suspect Part Three: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7gtdfoaHmM[/ame]

The suspect is approx. 5' 7" - 5' 9" tall, and 170-190 pounds. He has dark hair and dark eyes. He is a confidence man who tries to lure smaller men into traps, then steal their money and/or kill them.

If anyone recognizes this guy, please contact Lt. John Flowers at the Ocean Springs, Miss. police department: (228) 875-2211

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
a question I have is.... how well did this guy play pool? Did he know what he was doing? If he had a correct bridge, a decent stroke or could get around the table somewhat, that would indicate he's spent alot of time playing pool, so he would be someone that may have spent time in pool halls or at the least, bars, a great deal.

If that's the case, maybe locating a large bar in a area and sending them the pics and video electronically in areas he might be in, then instructing them to print out a bunch of copies and have their patrons distribute them to other bars and try and start some kind of chain effect possibly.

So sad, seeing Mike play his last pool and see him walk out of a place that he loved for the last time.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Good points, Red. The guy was a mediocre to poor barbox player. One interesting thing was that he kept his feet together and bent forward from the waist-- very unusual stance for a man.

We'll be making up an electronic wanted poster for internet use, and also some paper posters to distribute to prisons and other interested parties. Mike's brother has agreed to finance the poster and the postage.

There is a reward-- I think $10,000. I'll have to check that with his brother.

Doc