YOU(now) VS EFREN/SCOTT/ALEX

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this came up by calired in viffers thread to john b. and shannon.

if you were in a gambling match with the above players
what spot do you think gives you a chance?????

i already gave my answer
id need 100(them)- 1 (me):eek: :eek: :D :) :rolleyes:

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
that 17 to 4 sounds good

that 17 to 4 sounds good

16-5 and 18-5 that he got from Joyner and Frost sound real good as a starting point 17 to 4 (i think from Deuel) ... of course ya gotta bet a few "goosenecks" to get them enticed.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Let's see...I'd try him some 8 to 8 but he has to play one stop and I get ball in hand at the beginning of each inning. Who do you like in this?

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Petie i like that , sounds like a #211 police code. How about a 5 no-count or 6 no-count ... but none of that scratches dont count stuff.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
tonygreen said:
Petie i like that , sounds like a #211 police code. How about a 5 no-count or 6 no-count ... but none of that scratches dont count stuff.

Ya, code 211 armed robbery. Me robbin' them. Rod is right I wouldn't play Scott or Efren 8 or 10 no count. That's what they do--run balls.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
vapros said:
It would be easier to handicap a 9 ball match. All I would need is the break and the last shot. :D
that would probably work:)
come on guys
show alittle
heres my question/point to see if you agree vs disagree
if the pro at a ++ level
plays a c player
does the c player even have a chance???
as a college student i once played new york blackie 10-4
i lost :eek:
he never gave me a shot and when i left an opening he ran balls
i guess i wasnt enough of a threat or put enough pressure on him to have a chance:(
at least it didnt cost me alot:)

so where in the skill levels do things start to even out???

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Larry, without dreaming up any match propositions with actual numbers, I believe that the champion-level players are limited the same as the rest of us. We become vulnerable (usually) when we miss a shot that we have assumed we will definitely make. None of them can run 100, as they might in straight pool, but they can run enough, often enough, to win the money. If he doesn't believe you can run 4 balls, then he is willing to give you xx to 4. This allows him one mistake per game. That's not enough for you and me, but it works for him.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
vapros said:
Larry, without dreaming up any match propositions with actual numbers, I believe that the champion-level players are limited the same as the rest of us. We become vulnerable (usually) when we miss a shot that we have assumed we will definitely make. None of them can run 100, as they might in straight pool, but they can run enough, often enough, to win the money. If he doesn't believe you can run 4 balls, then he is willing to give you xx to 4. This allows him one mistake per game. That's not enough for you and me, but it works for him.
vapros i agree with you
i could run 4 balls but i never had a chance
his cue ball control, knowledge of one pocket
never let me up for air

at some point tho
the opponent can start applying pressure to force a crack in the armour
thats when the spots have to get tighter
jmho

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
petie said:
Let's see...I'd try him some 8 to 8 but he has to play one stop and I get ball in hand at the beginning of each inning. Who do you like in this?

OK, cue ball in hand might be a little too much but him having to play 1 or 2 stop is not outrageous. He can make a ball and dead hook you.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
lll said:
that would probably work:)
come on guys
show alittle
heres my question/point to see if you agree vs disagree
if the pro at a ++ level
plays a c player
does the c player even have a chance???
as a college student i once played new york blackie 10-4
i lost :eek:
he never gave me a shot and when i left an opening he ran balls
i guess i wasnt enough of a threat or put enough pressure on him to have a chance:(
at least it didnt cost me alot:)

so where in the skill levels do things start to even out???

I played Blackie 9 ball in 1967. I didn't play one pocket then. He free wheeled over me like a monster truck.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I've played Scott three times. He gave me 11-6. The first two times I was at the top of my game and broke even. We played cheap, 25 a game. The last time I didn't play well and I didn't win a game. I've played a bunch of other champs with weight and faired well.

Most of the champions go for shots I would almost never go for. I just have to wait for them to miss.