For all the people who read this.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Your really a lot better than that remark. It just poppit into my head from years ago. Your 100% class, And so is Keith. I hope you put a few pounds on Keith and cooked him some Tea Bone Steack. or flaminyon. T Bones 25 cents. With the meat 11 dollars. Good luck with the Poker.
Have Keith tell one of his great moments or story he has a whole suite case full?

JAM

Verified Member
Your really a lot better than that remark. It just poppit into my head from years ago. Your 100% class, And so is Keith. I hope you put a few pounds on Keith and cooked him some Tea Bone Steack. or flaminyon. T Bones 25 cents. With the meat 11 dollars. Good luck with the Poker.

Thanks, Artie. Keith's doing well. In fact, he quit smoking ciggies the first of this year. He doesn't drink or engage in substance abuse activities.

When I met Keith, his pants size was a 32/31. Now his pants size is a 38/31. :p

Interestingly, the only kind of red meat we eat is filet mignon, and we have it once a week. We usually have salmon, chicken, or sea bass with fresh steamed veggies each night.

Keith would rather be playing pool than online gambling activities, and I hope that we can engage in some on-the-road pool activities in the future, sooner than later. We now have this 2-year-old Mickey dog that seems to have changed our life. Wherever we go, he will have to come with us, unless I can get my brother to stay at our home while we're out of town. ;)

Though pool will never leave Keith's heart, I would like to think that Keith has grown to appreciate a side of life that he had not been familiar with before we met. Today, we both walk in the park every single day with Mickey, working on our health. It's funny how priorities change after you hit the 50 mark. :)

As you can see, Keith is eating pretty good. :lol

Attachments

• Keith and Mickey in Rock Creek Park.jpg
    Keith and Mickey in Rock Creek Park.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 0

JAM

Verified Member
[/URL]
Have Keith tell one of his great moments or story he has a whole suite case full?

Yes, he sure does. I am always amazed when I learn a new Keithism. You'd think I would know most of them, but he still has quite a few stories that are new to my ears, even today. :p

Here's a funny one that just happened to both of us. So we're walking in the park with our Mickey dog, the same day that photo was taken. We're deep in the forest on a trail, and up ahead comes these two male joggers. We pull to the side to let them pass, and they both stopped dead in their tracks. One of them says, "Keith? Is that you? I can't believe I'm running into Keith McCready in the Rock Creek Park." :D

Turns out that one of the joggers was a regular that competed in a Wednesday night tournament we used to go to every week. It really is a small world sometimes. ;)

If we can iron out the wrinkles and come with the funds needed, Keith will be sharing quite a few stories ---> HERE :cool:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Glad to hear that you and Keith are doing well, Jennie Ann! Sounds like y'all are getting in shape, too. And good luck with the new website. I know it's going to be entertaining and informative.

Very best~

Doc

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Thanks, Artie. Keith's doing well. In fact, he quit smoking ciggies the first of this year. He doesn't drink or engage in substance abuse activities.

Interestingly, the only kind of red meat we eat is filet mignon, and we have it once a week. We usually have salmon, chicken, or sea bass with fresh steamed veggies each night.

Keith would rather be playing pool than online gambling activities, and I hope that we can engage in some on-the-road pool activities in the future, sooner than later. We now have this 2-year-old Mickey dog that seems to have changed our life. Wherever we go, he will have to come with us, unless I can get my brother to stay at our home while we're out of town. ;)

Though pool will never leave Keith's heart, I would like to think that Keith has grown to appreciate a side of life that he had not been familiar with before we met. Today, we both walk in the park every single day with Mickey, working on our health. It's funny how priorities change after you hit the 50 mark. :)

That's beautiful country. And what you guys are doing is living enjoying fresh air.And you have each other now sharing each others life. Keith has filled his oats.With the pool playing every where in the country and meeting hundreds or people. Going on the road after many years gets old too. Looking for that rainbow. And there is a pot a gold at the end of the rain bow.Keith has found his rain bow in you and that great looking dog. That is a part of both of you. The only thing that I could think of that would be better then hitting the big Jack Pot. Is to have a little Keith. That will live on and carry his name. Keith was lived a full action life. He has seen it all. And by his stroke. Keith must have started playing at a young age. That's the stroke that Jack Schaffer and Ralph Green leaf had. Because they were to short to us a pendulum strike. A lot of great players had that side arm stroke. I wish you both the best. And keep enjoying life and nature. There is nothing more beautiful. And it helps the every day stress. Have Keith tell a story that that he really enjoyed. Thank You.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member

Great Picture.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Yes, of course, Artie B. I heard this many times. I heard it in reference to your one pocket game in particular and to your overall gambling as well. There was also a song by Tommy Roe with that phrase as the title. It wasn't much of a song but it still got good play back around when I was in high school. We would also use this phrase not only to describe a desirable girl, but to also use in other ways to describe a favorable thing. Like if one was selling a used car or boat or something, we might say it was 'Jam Up And Jelly Tight'.... I will put the song up in the video section, or you can go to you tube and it will come right up. Here are the lyrics.

That's what I call sharing and participation. That's a great peace.You brought out the best in. Jam up and jelly tight. Very good Jimmy B. That's a real winner. I am going back in time. This Carney Hickey Call peeper always use to say that's a real winner.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
That's what I call sharing and participation. That's a great peace.You brought out the best in. Jam up and jelly tight. Very good Jimmy B. That's a real winner. I am going back in time. This Carney Hickey Call peeper always use to say that's a real winner.

How about WLS AM radio and Dick Biondi in Chicago?

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Well thank you Artie. That's why so many people wanted you to start back posting. Because you entertain and boost people up and try to inform them at the same time. I had some friends that worked at the 'show'. One did extremely well at an add up joint. I call it a 'razzle dazzle joint'. The mark played football and added up points and it progressed quickly into big bucks. In his down time he would play liars poker with his confederates all day long with only hundred dollar bills. He was really slick. He actually invented gambling machine like a coin quarter pusher thing and made millions.

Another friend had a four way joint. This just meant that his place was open to the public on all four sides out in the middle of the midway. He had to pay more to have it as opposed to a joint that just opened up in the front. I called his place a hanky. It was straight and eveybody won a cheap piece of slum.

I had a friend girl for a while I dated who worked in a blade box also. She was cute and small and made her money after blades were inserted. Reason being that after the effect, the barker would explain how she had to go behind a curtain to take off her clothes before she got in the box so that the blades wouldn't hang up on the clothing and if any of you guys want to pay a little extra you can come up and now see her in the box and see her contorted little body in here and check her out. Amazing how people would pay just to go up and look at her in the box.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Well thank you Artie. That's why so many people wanted you to start back posting. Because you entertain and boost people up and try to inform them at the same time. I had some friends that worked at the 'show'. One did extremely well at an add up joint. I call it a 'razzle dazzle joint'. The mark played football and added up points and it progressed quickly into big bucks. In his down time he would play liars poker with his confederates all day long with only hundred dollar bills. He was really slick. He actually invented gambling machine like a coin quarter pusher thing and made millions.

Another friend had a four way joint. This just meant that his place was open to the public on all four sides out in the middle of the midway. He had to pay more to have it as opposed to a joint that just opened up in the front. I called his place a hanky. It was straight and eveybody won a cheap piece of slum.

I had a friend girl for a while I dated who worked in a blade box also. She was cute and small and made her money after blades were inserted. Reason being that after the effect, the barker would explain how she had to go behind a curtain to take off her clothes before she got in the box so that the blades wouldn't hang up on the clothing and if any of you guys want to pay a little extra you can come up and now see her in the box and see her contorted little body in here and check her out. Amazing how people would pay just to go up and look at her in the box.
A lot of those people new how to shack the red card. And a lot of them new how to lay the note going cross country. Before it became a felony. Carney's had put and tat tops and all kinds of games people would go for.
I remember one Carney got 3 months for stealing a back of cheese.But a lot of towns didn't like the Carney's. There were so many live girls you could have 50 of them a day. And all the girls new after 10 days you will be gone. And there reputation was safe.
A lot of girls would want to go with you on the road. I would tell them they cant. Because my boss would fire me. I had one women in Florida she wanted to leave her husband and two children to go with me on the road. And I never even touched her. That's how exciting she thought hustling pool on the road was.
The people who think hustling pool and gambling are a exciting life. Are the squares and the white color workers. Because they never go no where. Once they get married all they do is stay at home.
And a lot of women and even married women get a taste of living the free life on the road. Will leave there husband and children. Because they are looking for excitement and adventure. And the go for the rebel and the bad boy image. Like Marlin Brando and James Dean.
If you want to stay happy and married. Then you have to take them out and spend time with them. If you don't. Then they will find someone who will pay attention to them. Don't worry about looking for your dream girl.Give all your time and love to the women you are with. Work on making her and you happy.

JAM

Verified Member
That reminds me of Baker Field Bob. Some of you people should no him. Its amazing I remember anybody. As I am thinking I think he was from California.

Is this Bakersfield Bob on the left, shown here with Buddy in the booth at the Glass City Open?

Attachments

• Newsport Beach Bob and Buddy Hall at GCO.JPG
    Newsport Beach Bob and Buddy Hall at GCO.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 0

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Is this Bakersfield Bob on the left, shown here with Buddy in the booth at the Glass City Open?
I don't no if that's Bakersfield Bob or not. Because I don't have a clear picture of him in my mind. If he is with buddy he must be ok.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
No Artie that's me, Glen Ellyn IL Bill.:eek:

Now you see why I was hard to trap. Only on guy tried to trap me Johnny Morris. We called him the turtle. He was a hard scufler. Johnny Morris got a lot of beatings. One time he ran out of Bensingers bleeding like crazy. He got hit in the head with the but of the cue.

The guy reached for another cue stick out of the rack. Toke a baseball swing at Johnny Morris and johnny morris ducked under the 5 by ten pool table and ran out of the pool room Bleeding like a Slaughtered pig. If the second cue would have connected Johnny Morris would have been a gone goose.

There were other incidents like that. Even Gorge Fells went through the same thing. With Peoria Joe. They had some tough caracter down there. About 15 or more. The Latin kings. And Pro Boxers.But nobody rely missed with anyone. We had Judges Lawyers doctors politicians.. Vice Coppers police men Bus drivers fireman. And I even had a FBI agent that was my customer. He never one one time.

We had every kind of person you could think of. And there were like 20 bars wright around the pool room.And lots of restaurants. Three movie theaters.And the most beautiful lake and rocks and park you would ever want to see. The lake and the park must have been at least 40 miles or more. And a beautiful zoo. Not in the class with SD Zoo. That's the best Zoo I have seen in America. Even though Brook field Zoo was also a great zoo.

And there was a lot of people and traffic. Around New Town Clark Diversey And Broadway. There was always somting to do.

JAM

Verified Member
Glad to hear that you and Keith are doing well, Jennie Ann! Sounds like y'all are getting in shape, too. And good luck with the new website. I know it's going to be entertaining and informative.

Very best~

Doc

Thank you so much, Doc. All the best to you and yours! :)

Bankin Ben

Verified Member
From
Millington TN.
Jennie if there is anything I can do to help get that website going, let me know! May just have to hold a fundraiser for this project!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Now you see why I was hard to trap. Only on guy tried to trap me Johnny Morris. We called him the turtle. He was a hard scufler. Johnny Morris got a lot of beatings. One time he ran out of Bensingers bleeding like crazy. He got hit in the head with the but of the cue.

The guy reached for another cue stick out of the rack. Toke a baseball swing at Johnny Morris and johnny morris ducked under the 5 by ten pool table and ran out of the pool room Bleeding like a Slaughtered pig. If the second cue would have connected Johnny Morris would have been a gone goose.

There were other incidents like that. Even Gorge Fells went through the same thing. With Peoria Joe. They had some tough caracter down there. About 15 or more. The Latin kings. And Pro Boxers.But nobody rely missed with anyone. We had Judges Lawyers doctors politicians.. Vice Coppers police men Bus drivers fireman. And I even had a FBI agent that was my customer. He never one one time.

We had every kind of person you could think of. And there were like 20 bars wright around the pool room.And lots of restaurants. Three movie theaters.And the most beautiful lake and rocks and park you would ever want to see. The lake and the park must have been at least 40 miles or more. And a beautiful zoo. Not in the class with SD Zoo. That's the best Zoo I have seen in America. Even though Brook field Zoo was also a great zoo.

And there was a lot of people and traffic. Around New Town Clark Diversey And Broadway. There was always somting to do.

My aunt used to work at the zoo she took care of the large cats. We also had second city and rush street and in the 60's we snuck outta HS and went into the city and saw a burlesque show at the tender age of 16, that was a hoot.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
My aunt used to work at the zoo she took care of the large cats. We also had second city and rush street and in the 60's we snuck outta HS and went into the city and saw a burlesque show at the tender age of 16, that was a hoot.

If you would go to the Zoo back in the 1960's you beat the price. You didn't have to pay for parking. Know days they charge you a bunch to park your cars. And cotton candy was 25 cents. Did you like Lincoln park. And Fullerton rocks and beach.

You were there when the Chicago Bears and the Chicago Cubs both played at Wrigley field. Those were good times. And you have to remember Reverview Park Western and Belmont. By lane tech high school.