WEI Table

KY8andout

Verified Member
Is there any way to print the WEI tables? I plan on watching a video of mine and using the WEI table to make a practice booklet so that I don't have to run up and down the stairs in my home to remember the next shot to practice.
Thanks.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
There is a shareware application called SNAGIT.. it is a screen capture application that allows editing and other features

Do a google search and you'll find lots of sites for downloading.
most are 30 dayFree trial period

Let us know how you liked it

KY8andout

Verified Member
I don't know why I didn't think of that. I think I have a program at work that will do that.
Thanks

KY8andout

Verified Member
Another option

Another option

I figured out that I could use the cuetable.com that some of the members here use to post shots and print it directly from there. I have a few old vhs tapes, and I want to make diagrams for future use before they give out on me. Does anyone have an opinion on Grady's Finishing Touch- a one pocket tape on the end game. I feel that is where I need the most work.
Thanks

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
KY8andout said:
I figured out that I could use the cuetable.com that some of the members here use to post shots and print it directly from there. I have a few old vhs tapes, and I want to make diagrams for future use before they give out on me. Does anyone have an opinion on Grady's Finishing Touch- a one pocket tape on the end game. I feel that is where I need the most work.
Thanks
That tape does cover a lot of end game situations, and you are guaranteed to learn from it.

Also try playing a little "One Ball One Pocket" -- regular One Pocket but you start with only one ball on the table, as if you both have seven balls. If you scratch, you put up another ball, and so on. You start with the object ball on the center of the foot rail (not on the standard spot). The breaker must break form the same side of the table as their pocket, so they cannot simply cut the ball in.

Shag_Fu

Verified Member
I thought the cue ball started frozen to the center diamond on the oposite rail for 1ball 1pocket.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I have heard a variety of ways to start off One Ball One Pocket. They all have the same general idea in common -- that being that you set up the shot such that the 'breaking' player has to open with a safety.

Weenie Beenie used to set up the ball very near the jaws of the opponent's pocket, so the 'breaking' player had to start with a take out (a relatively easy one). Sonny Springer also used that set up.

The one I like is with the object ball on the middle of the foot rail, and you have to 'break' from the same side of thable as your pocket (so you can't cut the ball in). I've also heard of starting the same way, but requiring the 'breaker' to drive the ball to one of the other three rails on their 'break' -- so they can bank at their pocket, but not shoot straight in. That sounds like a good way, too.

KY8andout

Verified Member
rules question

rules question

It seems like one ball one pocket is probably played a lot of different ways. I played it last night with a friend of mine. A couple of things came up.
If they have a pocket scratch do they spot one of the extra balls? It seems that pretty much ends the game with an easy spot shot.
What is the most common opening shot?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
KY8andout said:
It seems like one ball one pocket is probably played a lot of different ways. I played it last night with a friend of mine. A couple of things came up.
If they have a pocket scratch do they spot one of the extra balls? Yes, you spot a ball just as if this happened in a regular game, and yes, making the spot shot would end it
It seems that pretty much ends the game with an easy spot shot.
What is the most common opening shot?
I played this with one guy that would 4-rail the ball towards his pocket, and try to swing the cue ball back up table. He was hitting it pretty well, but it wasn't the shot for me. I just banked it up towards the side pocket on my own side, that's all.

cuetable

KY8andout said:
Is there any way to print the WEI tables? I plan on watching a video of mine and using the WEI table to make a practice booklet so that I don't have to run up and down the stairs in my home to remember the next shot to practice.
Thanks.

Inside of CueTable there is a bulit-in screen capture function which hides all the unused elements and takes a snap shot of the table nicely. The keyboard shortcut for it is "shift-P". For more info please check here: http://cuetable.com/howto.html#l7

Originally I tried to have a "JPeg Export" function inside of CueTable by using another plug-in. However, it requires users to configure their computers somehow and I canned the idea (at least for now). Ever since I have been looking for other alternative solutions. If anyone is super server saavy in dynamic database graphic generating please contact me :)

Any suggestions or comments appreciated

Last edited: