Corey vs Reyes I US Open 2011

tylerdurden

Verified Member
It is Corey's shot.

Corey needs one, Efren needs 4.

Any thoughts?

I also would like to talk about another shot in this match, i'll post that later.

Attachments

• coreyreyes1.jpg
    coreyreyes1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Make the 9 in the side and follow down to the end rail near the pocket.

Nice shot. If you could do that without making the 9, I really like that. But from this angle it looks like you may have to make it though, as you say.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Pure defense here, of course. Corey has to shoot off the rail and try to keep Efren from hurting him too much. That's not easy, but he certainly does not want the 9 ball on the spot and back in action. I think he wants to bunt it straight ahead into the long rail and down by the 1 ball. Hopefully he can tie them together. Move the cueball as little as possible, leaving Efren one or two off-angle banks.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
obviously cory wants all the balls uptable
the 9 ball isnt really "uptable" now and is in a spot that cory has to worry about as a favorable ball for efren
even if you take peties shot and make the 9 so now its "less" up table:rolleyes:
but an equally threatening position ball for cory and efren
so you have left distance moved a ball that was more favorable for efren
thats not so bad

if you can tie up the 9 and 1 like vapros suggested that would be ideal

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Make the combination bank.
It's not the shot for most people, but top calibre players will hit it good most of the time.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Pure defense here, of course. Corey has to shoot off the rail and try to keep Efren from hurting him too much. That's not easy, but he certainly does not want the 9 ball on the spot and back in action. I think he wants to bunt it straight ahead into the long rail and down by the 1 ball. Hopefully he can tie them together. Move the cueball as little as possible, leaving Efren one or two off-angle banks.

This was my solution, I get scared kinda hoping that they will tie up, i'd try to put the cb close to the point on that side rail, and really try to concentrate on tying those 2 up. I figure if i dont tie them up, I at least have one ball somewhat out of play (after he banks a ball and potentially gets on those 2 balls).

I also wonder about shooting that 7 into the 10 (trying to hit about half of the 10), and leaving him a shot at that 9ball and just letting him go. I just don't really shoot stuff like that, but i kinda like it the more i look at it. I'll diagram this shot, i'm liking it more and more here, the cb would probably go more to the right than that, but that was my first try with those arrows :)

Attachments

• coreyreyes1shot.jpg
    coreyreyes1shot.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Bank 9 to Cory's side. Qb hits left side of 13 and stops at middle diamond of head rail. 13 ball ends up near corner pocket out of play.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Bank 9 to Cory's side. Qb hits left side of 13 and stops at middle diamond of head rail. 13 ball ends up near corner pocket out of play.

This is a nice shot as well, i'd worry about sliding in that hole off the wrong side of that 13, but i really like this shot.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

too long a distance for an accurate carom like that for me.
i think too much could go wrong
jmho
icbw

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
This was my solution, I get scared kinda hoping that they will tie up, i'd try to put the cb close to the point on that side rail, and really try to concentrate on tying those 2 up. I figure if i dont tie them up, I at least have one ball somewhat out of play (after he banks a ball and potentially gets on those 2 balls).

I also wonder about shooting that 7 into the 10 (trying to hit about half of the 10), and leaving him a shot at that 9ball and just letting him go. I just don't really shoot stuff like that, but i kinda like it the more i look at it. I'll diagram this shot, i'm liking it more and more here, the cb would probably go more to the right than that, but that was my first try with those arrows :)

Mr Tyler
Are you not concerned with leaving a free throw w/ the 9-ball for the best player in the world to shoot at it ?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
You guys are forgetting the CB's on the rail. Whatever shot is chosen will be very tough to execute. :eek:
Rod.
P.S. I think Vapros is dead on with what I'd try.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Mr Tyler
Are you not concerned with leaving a free throw w/ the 9-ball for the best player in the world to shoot at it ?

My thinking was, if you look at the layout (or if I look at it i should say), you are going to leave him something here. So why not get as many out of play as you can. Plus, if you look at where that 9 is, and if you put the cb near that side rail over there, it may be tough for him to get behind any balls as the side is kinda in the way to get back with low outside. I think sometimes we are so afraid to leave a kinda tough cut, we fail to realize certain banks are just as easy. And that ball is closest and you will get the most accurate hit on it from the rail. It was really just a thought, I don't think i'd shoot that, but it was a confusing shot, so I diagrammed it. I wish I had the guts to shoot it though :)

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
This is something like what corey was trying, yet he hit the point on the side with the cb. i'll post his shot result too.

Attachments

• corey-shot.jpg
    corey-shot.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Corey's actual result..... Efren ran 4 from here, with a bank on the 13 to end it off. Game set match. This was a hill hill game.

Attachments

• 3result.jpg
    3result.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
corey got a bad roll
if executed a great shot given the layout
now why didnt i think of that!!....:lol:heh