1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
I may have missed it but does Jimmy Fusco meet the criteria or someone asked and he declined to play this event?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I believe Jimmy was born in 1948; Dan Louie 1952. So they're still middle-aged, right?:)

Seems to me that one of our Philly posters said that Jimmy F. quit playing, but that Petie F. still plays.

~Doc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

I believe Jimmy was born in 1948; Dan Louie 1952. So they're still middle-aged, right?:)

Seems to me that one of our Philly posters said that Jimmy F. quit playing, but that Petie F. still plays.

~Doc

Correct for the must part. Jimmy still plays while giving lessons primarily, but Petie is still in action at times.

thebaby

Verified Member
Update on the SUPER SENIOR shirts

Update on the SUPER SENIOR shirts

Received all the blank shirts in today. 09/23/2015
Will start working on them . should have them done within 10 days .
We will probably mail out October 2-3 , PRIORTY MAIL
Which means everybody should have there shirts in hand by the 5-6.
Thank-you Again Frank

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
It's 24 days to kick-off (WOW how time flies ) and we have 18 players with their hats in the ring. I'm holding out hope to fill the field with the maximum allowed, which is 24 players, but if all we end up with is 18, well it will still be a blast from the past.

The tables will be recovered next week I'm told and should get enough play between then and the 23rd to scrape the slick off the cloth.

If you want to play, and you're got 70+ years in the bank, you're certainly welcome to come and join the party. After all, it's the inaugural Super Senior Classic, the 1st one ever put on. Who cares if you happen to be cannon fodder, with no chance to win, ( like me ) it's only a $200.00 entry fee and you might get your chance to knock off a hall of famer. It's a double elimination, so you might get a shot at two!

Just itchin to play,

Jeff

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
It's 24 days to kick-off (WOW how time flies ) and we have 18 players with their hats in the ring. I'm holding out hope to fill the field with the maximum allowed, which is 24 players, but if all we end up with is 18, well it will still be a blast from the past.

The tables will be recovered next week I'm told and should get enough play between then and the 23rd to scrape the slick off the cloth.

If you want to play, and you're got 70+ years in the bank, you're certainly welcome to come and join the party. After all, it's the inaugural Super Senior Classic, the 1st one ever put on. Who cares if you happen to be cannon fodder, with no chance to win, ( like me ) it's only a $200.00 entry fee and you might get your chance to knock off a hall of famer. It's a double elimination, so you might get a shot at two!

Just itchin to play,

Jeff

Does anybody know whether the Goose (Benny Conway) is still playin'?

1P was never his game, but I think he might be interested in this. I think he'd be 72 or 73. His son plays pretty good.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I always ask Jr. how he's doin' when I see him, but my senior moment might be tellin' me the last time was more recent than it really was.

John...when I spent the winter in Florida 12 yrs. ago, traveling all over the state, I ran into Benny jr. (didn't know him) at Fatso's Billiards in Tampa..we gambled, I won (he shot real straight, but didn't know One Pocket that well yet at that time)..the next night he steered me to play some other guy at Fatso's - a large sized guy in his 60's who hit straight backs real good - I won...then I was supposed to run around with Benny jr. to some other poolhalls for awhile, but instead I hit the road again..stopped off at C.M. Lee's poolroom in Seminole (nice guy C.M. Lee - played very good pool and very good 3cushion), then the Corner Pocket in Naples, owned by Neal from Boston, then headed back up to Fort Meyers where I had a friend to stay with.

- Ghost

PS, Sorry for the minor highjack.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Does anybody know whether the Goose (Benny Conway) is still playin'?

1P was never his game, but I think he might be interested in this. I think he'd be 72 or 73. His son plays pretty good.
Benny, Jr. (Little Goose) lives in my area. The last time I asked him about his dad, he said that he was living in Missouri, and I believe he said that he wasn't playing much. But that was a couple of years ago, so I'm hoping Goose is still with us...

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Benny, Jr. (Little Goose) lives in my area. The last time I asked him about his dad, he said that he was living in Missouri, and I believe he said that he wasn't playing much. But that was a couple of years ago, so I'm hoping Goose is still with us...

~Doc

Oh, Misouri. Last I knew he was in Florida (I think.) He's from Kansas City, at least played out of there late '60s and '70s.

He was a great hustler. Straw hat, overalls crusin'-the-boondocks hustler. He also played well. The alleged knock on him was that his CB control was not nearly up to his pocketing ability, but he played and beat some strong players in addition to kicking the bushes.

I'll tell a story about a Denver escapade sometime.

My favorite short story -- a different Denver story -- that included Benny in the cast was told by "Tennessee", Earl Stinett, a sometime stakehorse in Kansas City. According to Earl, he had given Benny some money to play some guy in Denver that Benny said was "a lock."

Earl -- who was known to enhance a story if it needed a boost -- claimed Benny called him from Denver and said, "Hey Earl. I got in action with the guy and I'm in dead punch with complete control of whitey. Just send me 5 more hundred, I know I can beat this guy." :)

Pretty good chance Benny has a quite different version of the story, knowing Earl (who's now deceased, so Benny and I are both safe, however we tell the story... uh, and Earl was a Tush Hog too.) :D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
FiremanKC --- Yo!

FiremanKC --- Yo!

Anybody know Al Wehrling (sp?) from New Orleans? He used to play pretty good one pocket and would be about the right age for the SSC I think... maybe as much as 75 or 76.