Alex and Scott

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Well in a nutshell, they both play at an incredible level, and both of them bank great and run balls with the best of them. Scott gets higher marks on creativity*, but Alex a little higher in execution. But the real difference that I see is that Alex has more patience, and he has observed that Scott will now and then cough up a bad shot (* hence the asterisk when it comes to Scott's creativity) because sometimes Scott gets too aggressive with his creativity when he should not -- i.e. when he is well ahead in the score, or the score is even but with the balls are in favorable position for Scott.

I think a big part of Alex's strategy is to patiently wait for Scott to make these mistakes, which result in some games swinging from Scott over to Alex. In a closely contested match, these occasional game swings add up and take their toll. If Scott can reign it in when he has the advantage then I think he has a chance to win. If he doesn't, I think it is going to be tough for Scott to win back games he lost when he should not have.

That's my opinion, lol.

I pretty much agree. Once Scott gets rolling and running balls, if he gets out of line, he will force it trying to get all the way out instead of backing off.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Scott Rabon just interviewed Alex, and now interviewing Scott and Scott directly addressed "playing the score" more to try to avoid losing games that he has the lead in -- "it's a swing of two games when I lose one of those," said Scott.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I had a short text message conversation with Scott over this very issue yesterday morning. He agreed that he sometimes pushes the envelop too far and creates an unforced error when he holds a lead. An occasional lack of "Controlled Aggression". :)

Tom

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
I had a short text message conversation with Scott over this very issue yesterday morning. He agreed that he sometimes pushes the envelop too far and creates an unforced error when he holds a lead. An occasional lack of "Controlled Aggression". :)

Tom
T. In another thread you said you would like to know how many games came down to one ball .?
I think what would maybe even more interesting how many ball did Alex pocket ...
55wins x 8 plus the amount of balls owed and paid in addition to the amount of balls given to Scott's pocket
... SF 47 wins x 8 etc . . .

Real fight night stuff !

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
T. In another thread you said you would like to know how many games came down to one ball .?
I think what would maybe even more interesting how many ball did Alex pocket ...
55wins x 8 plus the amount of balls owed and paid in addition to the amount of balls given to Scott's pocket
... SF 47 wins x 8 etc . . .

Real fight night stuff !

Yeah, those would be some impressive numbers, but I think Tom was trying to figure out what the score would have been after that many games if Scott was getting 8-7.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Yeah, those would be some impressive numbers, but I think Tom was trying to figure out what the score would have been after that many games if Scott was getting 8-7.

Me too, but, my questions usually go by the way side because my points always have something to them.

This group has nothing but disdain for anyone not exactly in -line with their agenda (lol). Not un-expected. Most know Pag could give Frosty 10-8 but they will never agree because then my handicapping scale would be endorsed. C ' est la vievie

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Me too, but, my questions usually go by the way side because my points always have something to them.

This group has nothing but disdain for anyone not exactly in -line with their agenda (lol). Not un-expected. Most know Pag could give Frosty 10-8 but they will never agree because then my handicapping scale would be endorsed. C ' est la vievie

tony
there are probably many that dont know your handicapping scale ( me included...:eek:)
could you explain it to us ??

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
I am going to keep as brief as possible. The scale is based on 100 levels; we all know that the APA scale of 7 does not do the job. I overheard some ball bangers the other day saying that there is a new rating (I didn't investigate).

In essence each level 1 to 100 is represented by 1/2 a ball.

S. Frost for example good play at a level 94 or 95 today and tomorrow he could play at a level 98 or 99.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Many are aware of themselves and how they are playing on a given day. Have you ever heard an old timer say (the player I was 20 years ago could give the player I am today 5 or 6 balls) it' s for this reason, they know their game is off.

A local champ can play around 80 or 85 on the scale E. Reyes I put around a 92 or 93 on the scale but he has flashes of his old self and if the only is right you may see him at a 95 or 96 on the same scale. The local champ knows that he needs 6 n1/2 to 8 balls and in a long game Reyes can give him the 6 ball spot or 12 levels. Reyes can give him 12 to 6 but rather give him 14 to 8 (as many know the longer game gives the stronger player more time.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I am going to keep as brief as possible. The scale is based on 100 levels; we all know that the APA scale of 7 does not do the job. I overheard some ball bangers the other day saying that there is a new rating (I didn't investigate).

In essence each level 1 to 100 is represented by 1/2 a ball.

S. Frost for example good play at a level 94 or 95 today and tomorrow he could play at a level 98 or 99.

Many are aware of themselves and how they are playing on a given day. Have you ever heard an old timer say (the player I was 20 years ago could give the player I am today 5 or 6 balls) it' s for this reason, they know their game is off.

A local champ can play around 80 or 85 on the scale E. Reyes I put around a 92 or 93 on the scale but he has flashes of his old self and if the only is right you may see him at a 95 or 96 on the same scale. The local champ knows that he needs 6 n1/2 to 8 balls and in a long game Reyes can give him the 6 ball spot or 12 levels. Reyes can give him 12 to 6 but rather give him 14 to 8 (as many know the longer game gives the stronger player more time.

thanks for the reply tony