How about a game of Three Ball One Pocket?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
This Game is stronger then cue ball in hand. Im Not understanding it yet. But Let me know when its my shot. Is thier coaching involved?

Artie,

Yes there is coaching allowed, and the railbugs are also free to contribute their ideas. Your partner is Steve Booth. If you need any help with shot selection, I'm here for you.

Lightning

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,

Yes there is coaching allowed, and the railbugs are also free to contribute their ideas. Your partner is Steve Booth. If you need any help with shot selection, I'm here for you.

Lightning
See Everyone Can Learn Something From This. You Allways Go with the strength. You mean the rail bugs get all this free no money?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,

Lightning
In Case I Forget my Shot you can shoot as the pintch hitter. Its ok to Hi Jack My Shot. I Wont Tell.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
In Case I Forget my Shot you can shoot as the pintch hitter. Its ok to Hi Jack My Shot. I Wont Tell.

Hijack? Does that sound like something that I would be a part of? I mean really.

We are waiting on Doc. After he shoots, we will see it here first.

Skin

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
This Game is stronger then cue ball in hand. Im Not understanding it yet. But Let me know when its my shot. Is thier coaching involved?

Artie, I think that is Dick's beef and he has a point. As long as you can just draw lines on the WEI, you can never make a bad shot, unlike in real life.

My suggestion, since you have a table at home, is to set the balls up on your table and take your shot. Then post how it turns out. I did that in the last one ball game and it was a lot more fun for me. It is more like playing a real game. I think your partner and opponents will appreciate it, too.

I wish I could have played in this one, but I don't have the time this week. Good luck. Stick, and stay, and make it pay is what I always say. ;)

Skin

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
There were three things you could do in several of the poolrooms I played in: You could lose, break even or get owed. Tough to win in those joints.

Dennis, I have yet to find a pool hall where I could break even.

Maybe it's not the pool halls' fault?

Skin

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
There were three things you could do in several of the poolrooms I played in: You could lose, break even or get owed. Tough to win in those joints.
Skin Um Alive. You have to pay for recreation. I Think You will Make It Skin. Give Me Five?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Skin Um Alive. You have to pay for recreation. I Think You will Make It Skin. Give Me Five?
I was never in a pool room that I couldnt control the action.If I hung out in the pool room for a couple of moths. THat Was Another Ace In THe Whole Cotroling The Action And Going In With The Wright people. THa Is More Important then playing. BUt Very View People did thatvery view. And I Controled The Action At Bensingers And North Shore. Its Better Having A Peace Of $ games Then Only Having Yourself in action. Thier Is A Lot To Know And Hustling Hanging out in a pool room. Its not just about playing and beating everybody. Because the action slowes down for everyone. And Reno And Me Had THe Best suckers in Bensingers. And When Reno Got Too North Shore He Had Artrius real bad.But You Always look for the people with the money. And I Had THe Best Money People I Beat. And Again Thats More Important then playing. And I Am Sure They Didnt have anyone like that around in other pool roomes controling the action. Like I Did. And Mr Billy I was prety good at getting a peace of someones action. He was the best I Seen at it.And Even John the greek was ok he learned from watching me but he was not in my clas. Because to many people didnt like himand they wanted to beat him. And When People dont like you they dont give you a peace of thier action. So Now I Havetold you another important part of hustling not just playing.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie or Steve

Artie or Steve

It's your shot from here. Doc shot the shot above your last post Artie.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1ABTF1BGbg1CFfP3PRUj4Qcpv3Rbju1qCIB&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's your shot from here. Doc shot the shot above your last post Artie.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1ABTF1BGbg1CFfP3PRUj4Qcpv3Rbju1qCIB&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]
cut the one ball two rails and come around with the cue ball to pocket a by the first dimond. And But the One ball by the third dimond on the rail by pocket B.S side. THats It.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
You mean like this?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1ACRK1BGbg1CFfP3PRlf4Qcpv3Rbju1UCRK1UPhj1Ubqg3UYRS3kRlf1kAUy2kKSh2kbIX4kObV1qCIB&ZZ3uDSC@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
You mean like this?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1ACRK1BGbg1CFfP3PRlf4Qcpv3Rbju1UCRK1UPhj1Ubqg3UYRS3kRlf1kAUy2kKSh2kbIX4kObV1qCIB&ZZ3uDSC@[/CUETABLE]
Thats Not Bad But Theone ballis on the other side of the side pocket. How Do You Know When You Win?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
You mean like this?

Thats Not Bad But The one ball is on the other side of the side pocket. How Do You Know When You Win?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thats Not Bad But The one ball is on the other side of the side pocket. How Do You Know When You Win?
One of us has to make two balls -- that part is the same as real One pocket. If Artie says "not bad", I guess we can go with this shot, so as not to hold up the game. I believe that makes it Fanny or Doc's shot.

Fanatic

Verified Member
I didn't like it from here! Artie got me jacked up on the rail already but I think I turned out okay so I think now it's Steves turn.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYaT1BGbg1CFfP4POSS4Qcpv3Rbju3UYaT3UbVG1UWpe1UWxg4kOSS3kXTd3kbNr3kYCH1qCIB&ZZ3uDSC@[/CUETABLE]

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
You didn't leave much either, Fanny. I'd like to get something over on my side of the table. I think this is do-able...

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1AWxg1BGbg1CFfP3PYCH4Qcpv3Rbju1UWxg1Ubhp2UFkv1WFfP1WVCU1WKrk2WNAu3kYCH1kEQB4kbPE4kJUR1qCIB&ZZ1uBOJ@[/CUETABLE]

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
NH Steve said:
You didn't leave much either, Fanny. I'd like to get something over on my side of the table. I think this is do-able...
Steve, that's pretty creative Wei-ing.:cool: I think if you shot that, the 3-ball would double kiss the 1-ball, and leave the two of them in my corner. HOWEVER, playing it as they lay, I'd shoot the following: (If I make the 2-ball (40/60), I'd bank the 1-ball straight back for the win.) ~Doc
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AFst1BGbh2CMru4PJUT4Qcpv3Rbju1VGbg4VbSp2WMru2WYrx4kJUT1kFdg1kEOn2kKnv3kNwg1qCIB&ZZ2uBvA@[/CUETABLE]

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Doc, at least when you are talking about your corner if those two balls kiss on my shot, you're talking about at the far end of the table, not your own pocket. I set this up and hit it a few times tonight. Those two balls did kiss the majority of times, like you say, but it never really mattered, they still left the area to a degree, and the cue ball did come back more or less every time. If anything, those two balls traveled farther than what I entered in the wei.

While we're nitpicking, you're not really banking that 2-ball rail-to-rail are you? If you are, and you come anywhere near close to your pocket, that cue ball would no way going directly up into the 3-ball. If you avoid the double kiss on the 2 (no sure thing), your cue ball would definitely squirt over closer to the one than the three, don't you think?

Damn this wei!@%&_#$&%@#!

So, did you make the 2-ball or hang it up? When I clicked "move balls to end" and removed the lines, it looks like you forgot to clear your pocket enough for the 2-ball to drop, lol.

Take a look :D :D
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AFst4BbSp2CYrx3PNwg4Qcpv3Rbju1qCIB&ZZ2uBvA@[/CUETABLE]