Help and an offer!!!!!!

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
I pledge to run a half marathon, 13.1 miles by June 1st,1011. In return I ask sponsors, lovers of the cue sports, to come up with $500 per half mile, which comes to $13,100. I'll come up with $6,900 and we'll have an old fashioned "Legends" tournament with $20,000 added.
I'd love to have this be an annual affair and at my place for at least the first year or two.
BTW, if some big money or just very interesting matches are to take place, if they happen at my joint, the combatants get my commentary for nothing and I will shortly have the capability to stream things out, thanks to Lennie.
I play three cushion about like Freddie.

s-trolle

dear grady.
im sitting here with my hat in my hand.i took it off for you.
first of all-thanks for all you efort in promoting this great game to the world.
all your great dvds......man its funny to se(i gues your basement)some old school grady with alot of hair.
and my favorite dvds from accustats is all of the legens,
with shannon vs bugs being nr 1.

so to read this about you runing a marathon.....wow.....thats balls.....!!!
and then for you to do it in the cause of the game,and making a new legens....
...wow wow wow.thats the spirit graddy..... and the game needs it.

im living in copenhagen, denmark
where it has takking me 5 years to get 4 people to play this great game of on pocket.(they dont get it).....man it sucks, so im lucky to have been in chicago a few time to meet people like the GHOST and other on pocket players....
man....i felt like in heaven with ewerybody playing banks and one hole....
so if there is going to be a new legens at your place.....ill make it a mision to come and surport:)

one last thing grady...
when i studied musik in new your ind 2005,(first year of me playing pool(you know 9-ball and 8-ball.)

i was playing when not in school in the brodway biliards in the basement(cheap table rate,and open 24-7)
i saw some old guysplaying this wired game.....and ididnt get the point or rule and so on....

i finaly ask if they would teach me...... sure it will cost you 20 a game...!!!
well.....i didnt wanna learn like that couse they would not say a word just play and kill.:confused:

so i asked around and got hold of a dvd money match with you vs efren.
there is no comentary so i was guesing the rules the first time i saw it and trying to lern at the same time....
i think it was early 90. a money match after some tourneyment.
so here is my question- what touney was it and what did you play for?
ive been guesing since 2005.... couse it is stil one of my favorite dvd-
and you and efren was the first pros i saw playing on pocket.....and what a game.

happy holiday to you from denmark.

all for one....one pocket for all

sebastian trolle

SJDinPHX

Suspended
s-trolle said:
dear grady.
im sitting here with my hat in my hand.i took it off for you.
first of all-thanks for all you efort in promoting this great game to the world.
all your great dvds......man its funny to se(i gues your basement)some old school grady with alot of hair.
and my favorite dvds from accustats is all of the legens,
with shannon vs bugs being nr 1.

so to read this about you runing a marathon.....wow.....thats balls.....!!!
and then for you to do it in the cause of the game,and making a new legens....
...wow wow wow.thats the spirit graddy..... and the game needs it.

im living in copenhagen, denmark
where it has takking me 5 years to get 4 people to play this great game of on pocket.(they dont get it).....man it sucks, so im lucky to have been in chicago a few time to meet people like the GHOST and other on pocket players....
man....i felt like in heaven with ewerybody playing banks and one hole....
so if there is going to be a new legens at your place.....ill make it a mision to come and surport:)

one last thing grady...
when i studied musik in new your ind 2005,(first year of me playing pool(you know 9-ball and 8-ball.)

i was playing when not in school in the brodway biliards in the basement(cheap table rate,and open 24-7)
i saw some old guysplaying this wired game.....and ididnt get the point or rule and so on....

i finaly ask if they would teach me...... sure it will cost you 20 a game...!!!
well.....i didnt wanna learn like that couse they would not say a word just play and kill.:confused:

so i asked around and got hold of a dvd money match with you vs efren.
there is no comentary so i was guesing the rules the first time i saw it and trying to lern at the same time....
i think it was early 90. a money match after some tourneyment.
so here is my question- what touney was it and what did you play for?
ive been guesing since 2005.... couse it is stil one of my favorite dvd-
and you and efren was the first pros i saw playing on pocket.....and what a game.

happy holiday to you from denmark.

all for one....one pocket for all

sebastian trolle

S-trolle,

I admire anyone who tries to convey their thoughts in a language foriegn to them...You got your point across well. It would be great for you, to make it to DCC sometime, you would really enjoy it... PS..Happy Holidays to you, and everyone in Denmark...;)

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
Grady said:
I pledge to run a half marathon, 13.1 miles by June 1st,1011. In return I ask sponsors, lovers of the cue sports, to come up with $500 per half mile, which comes to $13,100. I'll come up with $6,900 and we'll have an old fashioned "Legends" tournament with $20,000 added.
I'd love to have this be an annual affair and at my place for at least the first year or two.
BTW, if some big money or just very interesting matches are to take place, if they happen at my joint, the combatants get my commentary for nothing and I will shortly have the capability to stream things out, thanks to Lennie.

Grady thats great your choosing a half marathon its a great distance without the ability to straight KILL you like a full 26 miler would do lol........not that it would just meaning the feeling lol.......

I was a very good runner at one time and have ran a half marathon in 1:15:00. I'm not sure where you are planning on doing the run or if you have anyone helping you with your training.

If you would like some good info on training and getting prepared then just drop me a PM here or email me @ keebie2@yahoo.com as I would be more than glad to give you some friendly advice and training ideas.

Hell depending on where you do it I may even be up to running it with you so you have someone to pass the miles with. Its the least i can do after how great you and your wonderful wife treated me at your event and the kindness yal extended me at Eddies last birthday.

best wishes,
Keebie

bstroud

Verified Member
Grady said:

Grady,

I don't know about the others but you have a 500.00 pledge from me if you get it going. I would like to play as well.

Bill Stroud