Stupid, Crazy Nonsense

1andDone

Verified Member
From
Ocean Springs, MS
Two nights ago I played the absolute worst one pocket I've ever played. I missed shots. I overlooked moves. I made bad decisions. I played terrible and just couldn't snap out of it (you're welcome Col. Bille ;))
Fast-forward to tonight: I played better than ever... How the hell does that happen??? Incidentally, my opponent told me tonight to never call him to play again! :frus

keoneyo

Verified Member
Two nights ago I played the absolute worst one pocket I've ever played. I missed shots. I overlooked moves. I made bad decisions. I played terrible and just couldn't snap out of it (you're welcome Col. Bille ;))
Fast-forward to tonight: I played better than ever... How the hell does that happen??? Incidentally, my opponent told me tonight to never call him to play again! :frus

This my friend, is not stupid, crazy, or nonsense. It happens to everyone and is not unique. Its going to happen so keep calm. The thing is to take a larger sample size and evaluate your game from there.

Take over a 3 month period. Or a 100 sessions. That means you have to keep a log. Note your wins and your losses. Add all the money you invested and subtract your wins from your losses to get a complete return of your investment or ROI. I think if you are 60%/40% winner you are doing great.
If you are 40%/60% loser then you have work to do.

Take notes on shots during the sessions that you found puzzling or interesting and how you would approach them today. Ask a worthy player his thoughts about it.
Take notes on the competition. Was he on a higher level than you. Was he weaker but you lost.

What Im trying to express to you is don't be result oriented by a win or a loss.
Try to get a bigger picture of whats going on. It will give you more confidence and more insight in what you have to do to play your optimum.
Remember EVERY ONE SUCKS AT POOL!!!

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

You've described the difference between us hackers and good players.
Good players don't judge the competition by the hard shots they make,
They judge by the easy shots they miss.
Rod.
P.S. Everyone has off days. The better players have fewer. :)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Welcome to my world:D

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
good player?

good player?

I don't want to judge by the easy shots I miss... I want to play one pocket where my opponent doesn't get to even look at a hard shot for 5 or 6 games... When I am playing my best one pocket, that is what I am trying to achieve...

Guess I attempt to play a lock down game...

B

InTheCloudzzz

Verified Member
From
Meridian, MS
I don't want to judge by the easy shots I miss... I want to play one pocket where my opponent doesn't get to even look at a hard shot for 5 or 6 games... When I am playing my best one pocket, that is what I am trying to achieve...

B

Keep the rock in the stack or on the bottom rail (much easier said than done though!).

Ryan

PS. Very much enjoyed playing you, Kelly, Jason, and James over the last week or so.

onepockethacker

Verified Member

B

well when we played at derby you succeeded because I never looked at a hard shot..... because everytime I came to the table I was straight in LMFAO:lol:lol

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Keep the rock in the stack or on the bottom rail (much easier said than done though!).

Ryan

PS. Very much enjoyed playing you, Kelly, Jason, and James over the last week or so.
Hey Ryan! Glad to hear that you're still playing, and playing good! Heard from Bille that you'd been in town. I haven't been to Skeeter's since about the time the joint changed hands. There's a table at my house now, so I've put myself into the situation where I don't practice much, but yet I still don't get out and play anyone!:rolleyes:

Anyway, hope to see you next time you're on the Coast.

Art "Doc" Tripp

bstroud

Verified Member
Pool, like golf, is played in the 8" between your ears.

Bill S.

InTheCloudzzz

Verified Member
From
Meridian, MS
Hey Ryan! Glad to hear that you're still playing, and playing good! Heard from Bille that you'd been in town. I haven't been to Skeeter's since about the time the joint changed hands. There's a table at my house now, so I've put myself into the situation where I don't practice much, but yet I still don't get out and play anyone!:rolleyes:

Anyway, hope to see you next time you're on the Coast.

Art "Doc" Tripp

Hey Doc, I haven't been playing much at all over the last several years but happened to have caught a gear of old against Jason and The Colonel the other day.

I don't have your number but will shoot you a message next time I come down. Colonel's room is awesome and I'm definitely looking forward to playing again (especially when I can drink how I like to drink, lol).

Ryan