MIA at the DCC

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
There were some notable people missing from this year's DCC, although there were also some notable newcomers.

Among the missing were Lil Jon
Marshall 'Squirrel' Carpenter (recovering from a broken hip)
John in NH :)
Pittsburgh Steve
Cal

Not missing was Bobby Pickle, who showed up midweek.

Most notable newcomers of course, John Henderson & Dick McMorran

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I was also surprised not to see Buddy Hall (I could've sworn I heard his name called over the P.A. during the first day of the 1P), Justin "Roadman" Cone, Mick Vita, and Harold MacAbee from Tuscaloosa.

Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
gulfportdoc said:
I was also surprised not to see Buddy Hall (I could've sworn I heard his name called over the P.A. during the first day of the 1P), Justin "Roadman" Cone, Mick Vita, and Harold MacAbee from Tuscaloosa.

Doc
I think the weather must have got Buddy -- his name was definitely called several times. Harold surely would have come with Squirrel.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
frmn said:
where was tony fargo?
A few of us assumed that the weather kept him away from receiving his HOF induction in person. But we haven't heard the official explanation yet. Come to think of it, we've yet to hear the official report from ANYONE of the promoters of the DCC about anything...:mad: I imagine they'll get around to it when they get all their equipment back home.

Doc

BallBanger

Well-Known-Member

Doc
There's a Nick Vita from the Mississippi side, right across the state line, of the Memphis metro area. South Haven, Mississippi I believe. He's a poker player now, but he was a U.S. Open One-Pocket Champion