$500. Game what do you shoot...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
blackeee said:
Smitty. I think you've got the cue ball to far too the right. It should be about a ball and half or 2 ball right of the spot. Anyway, that's the way I play it and try to draw the ball straight back along that line off the one.
i always thoght you play to draw back toward the bottom corner pocket or to the first diamond above it like this
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AALd3BALt2PFif3UALd4UWCL3VALt4VCrk1VPAl4Vcpu2kFif3kAcL2kNjO4qXheYour_pocket_is_here&ZZ1uCUA@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
would anyone play the safe like this??
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AALc3BALs1PJiV3UALc4ULub3VALs4VBlk1VOJd1kJiV3kBBL3kbit7kOCizc4qXxeYour_pocket_is_here&ZZ3rcGsThe_right_english_helps_kill_the_cue_ball_near_or_frozen_to_the_bottom_rail.&ZZ2uBWJ@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
androd said:
First of all it's impossible to need two from the posted layout. :confused: Their must be another ball on the table. Most of the guys here that play better than I shoot the force shot. Since you asked for opinions, I play safe like page #1
If I was playing for both balls page #2 would be my shot.
Rod.
PS; Go to work Dennis if you don't know how many you need with CB in hand and 2 balls on the table. :p

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AADW4CADm2PJJg4UADW4UdLB4UaYq4WADm4WCCq1WOHA2kJJg3kAkS3kLhn@4AADW4CADm1PUca4WADm3WcfP4WWjH1kUca4kBJm4kHxp4kclI2kCCi2kVHG3uAQR@[/CUETABLE]
rod regarding your page 2 shot. usually i like alittle longer line of balls on the spot or to be closer to the back ball before i try to pick that one off. nice shot. ill set it up and practice it some.:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
SJDinPHX said:
C'mon Guy's,

Nothing wrong with bringing it up again...but this shot has been beaten to death,...and fairly recently too.

Concensus...(bottom line)...Cardone loves it...Artie hates it...!!! (agressive versus squeeze)

As for myself, it boils down to,... $$$ on the line, opponent, table condition, etc...and/or comfort level with the table.

It is very playable, and most player's (from shortstop on up) know the shot, and can execute it fairly well...A lot can go wrong, and a lot can go right....There is NO right or wrong...just make your decision, and pull the trigger...If it works, you're a hero...if it don't, you're a goat..:cool:

PS..as Rodney says...it almost CANNOT come up, where you (the shooter) need both balls...This should have some bearing on your strategy...plus (and it's a BIG plus)...what kind of opponent you are up against.
david is new to the site and probably did not follow when this was discussed as he also probably has no clue to a spot shot innuendo. but he's trying:)
c'mon man give some more encouragement. on the plus side you did give your opinion with almost no aspersions. dick you get an A+ from me today:)
p.s. i know you dont give sh#t what grade i give you:D

David

Verified Member
From
South Carolina
Thanks for the answers to those who answered my question. For the rest of you that don't like me asking this question because you already talked about it, can't need two balls ect. Go @^&*@ yourself I asked a question and if you don't like it just don't pay any attention to it. I plan on posting lots of Wei layout questions and if you don't like it I really don't give a !#*@&^, have Steve bar me.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Patrick Johnson said:
You can need two if you're not playing 8-8.

pj
chgo

YOUR OPPONENT JUST SCRATCHED. If you only needed one before how can you now need two ? :confused: I know you're a math guy. Please explain.

Rod.
PS; I know you like to argue so go for it. :) ;)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
androd said:
YOUR OPPONENT JUST SCRATCHED. If you only needed one before how can you now need two ? :confused: I know you're a math guy. Please explain.

Rod.
rod i tried to come up with various scenarios and couldnt.(you guys are almost always right:) ) thats why i also asked pat for a specific example.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:

Rod.

Rod, the only way it could happen, is if there were 2 balls pocketed, and spotted, (in an off pocket) and you needed both balls when you started...you make one, and your opponent makes the last ball, and leaves you near the string line, in the middle of the table...This would not be BIH, but it could happen in that scenario.

PS.. But you would have to be playing a "not too sharp" guy, if he puts both balls on the spot, with you needing both..;)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
lll said:
rod i tried to come up with various scenarios and couldnt.(you guys are almost always right:) ) thats why i also asked pat for a specific example.

You both need one and you put your ball in the jaws. Your opponent made it and scratched.

I believe this is the most common scenerio where this shot comes up.

If you are going for the shot, you can make it from anywhere where the straight back bank will go using extrem draw. Guess I'll have to learn the Wei table. I think the bank goes more often than the straight in.

I usually play the safety unless it's new cloth.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
This would not be BIH, but it could happen in that scenario.

PS.. But you would have to be playing a "not too sharp" guy, if he puts both balls on the spot, with you needing both..;)

The OP stated "ball in hand"
Rod <----- when I'm right I'm A DUH.:p

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
jrhendy said:
You both need one and you put your ball in the jaws. Your opponent made it and scratched.

I believe this is the most common scenerio where this shot comes up.

If you are going for the shot, you can make it from anywhere where the straight back bank will go using extrem draw. Guess I'll have to learn the Wei table. I think the bank goes more often than the straight in.

I usually play the safety unless it's new cloth.
john at that point the shooter would still need one. not 2.see rods post. rods point was if the shhoter needs 2 there needs to be a third ball on the table.

beatle

Verified Member
or if there was another ball on the table behind the line. this is when it comes up you, the shooter, needing two. gee you guys are a bunch of nit pickers on the littlest things.

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
My take

My take

If the game is being played even, obviously the player with ball in hand needs one. I played safe on this shot, with this exact score for years because if I'm playing a guy who is as good as me, it's three to one against him winning the game from here. If you don't like my numbers, I'll lay two to one against anybody in the world who is my speed and we start every game like this, with him needing two and me one and it's my shot with BIH.
A great BIG BUT, though, with the modern champions. They play so well and are so fearless that this might be the best shot I get. So I'm taking it.I like drawing the cue ball back down to the end rail.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
would anyone play the safe like this??
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AALc3BALs1PJiV3UALc4ULub3VALs4VBlk1VOJd1kJiV3kBBL3kbit7kOCizc4qXxeYour_pocket_is_here&ZZ3rcGsThe_right_english_helps_kill_the_cue_ball_near_or_frozen_to_the_bottom_rail.&ZZ2uBWJ@[/CUETABLE]
bumped this for comments

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Grady said:
If the game is being played even, obviously the player with ball in hand needs one. I played safe on this shot, with this exact score for years because if I'm playing a guy who is as good as me, it's three to one against him winning the game from here. If you don't like my numbers, I'll lay two to one against anybody in the world who is my speed and we start every game like this, with him needing two and me one and it's my shot with BIH.
A great BIG BUT, though, with the modern champions. They play so well and are so fearless that this might be the best shot I get. So I'm taking it.I like drawing the cue ball back down to the end rail.

OR, if it's not being played even.
Rod. :)