You vs. Him

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Hi Dennis, welcome back, good to see you here again. i would position the cue ball on the other side of the table on a line with the 3 ball so a straight on hit would send the 3 into the 10 and 2 balls. i would hit the shot fairly hard to clear all 3 of the balls up table. i would just play a simple stop shot on the cue ball.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I think this setup has the classic shot of 2 for 1 . play the CB from where it is and hit the 2 ful, stopping the CB and the 2 and 10 both go to your hole.---Smitty

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Smitty, I would be tempted to shoot that, also, but if it doesn't go (and I don't think it does) it could be a disaster. If I am betting $20 a game, I think Him would give me $6.50 to shoot this. Before shooting this, I would have to squat down and peek thru the crack between the two balls. Looks iffy from here. I would rather cut the red ball very carefully and not touch anything else.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I think this setup has the classic shot of 2 for 1 . play the CB from where it is and hit the 2 ful, stopping the CB and the 2 and 10 both go to your hole.---Smitty

I might choose something like that at the table, but I'd want CB where I could cut the 2 slightly to the right and draw my CB almost straight back (only need to move CB out about 8" from where it is now.)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Put the CB in the center of the table, hit the 6 about half full and drift the CB to the side rail, then foot rail in front of his pocket. The 6 will slide over to your long rail and the 15 will throw over and bank up table on your side.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Smitty, I would be tempted to shoot that, also, but if it doesn't go (and I don't think it does) it could be a disaster. If I am betting $20 a game, I think Him would give me $6.50 to shoot this. Before shooting this, I would have to squat down and peek thru the crack between the two balls. Looks iffy from here. I would rather cut the red ball very carefully and not touch anything else.

Smitty,

They will both go towards your pocket but stopping the cueball requires draw and that puts follow on the 2 ball driving it into the endrail. I'm not saying this isn't what the player shot, just pointing it out:sorry.

RBL

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Hi Dennis, welcome back, good to see you here again. i would position the cue ball on the other side of the table on a line with the 3 ball so a straight on hit would send the 3 into the 10 and 2 balls. i would hit the shot fairly hard to clear all 3 of the balls up table. i would just play a simple stop shot on the cue ball.

sappo
i like your shot alot...:)
however

my first thought
when seeing it on the computer
was if you hit the 2 ball cluster too fat a ball would stay there which would not be good
as for ww ME do
i would probably bank the 3 to my side and leave him on the end rail where he cant see the 3

Attachments

• wwyd1.jpg
    wwyd1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0

beatle

Verified Member
larry and lsjohn have it right. put the 3 on your side in play and hide it from him.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Would be my choice.

why move those balls when then your opponent needs at least one of them to win???
let him do the work,,,,,,:heh
they dont go for him
and you can win without them

GoldCrown

Verified Member
why move those balls when then your opponent needs at least one of them to win???
let him do the work,,,,,,:heh
they dont go for him
and you can win without them

I'm still learning.... maybe I would not shoot that if I were at the table. It's different on the computer

GoldCrown

Verified Member
me too frank
but since you have been winning a few tournaments lately
you must learning pretty good...:)

uh.... that was a 9ball geezer tournament. I won because my eyes were less bad than theirs:lol:lol:lol.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
3 ball

3 ball

I'm gonna shoOt the 2 1/2 rail long rail bank to my side and hide on the foot rail behind the two spotted balls. It's a simple lag bank....hit full the cue ball kills nicely.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Efren was the shooter and only he knows why he shot this shot, and shot it poorly. It was his last shot of the match.

er1.jpg

er2.jpg

He left Martinez here. He made the 2,10,5 and banked the 15:

er's leave.jpg

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
with bih.....

with bih.....

......I'm shooting the 2-10,the 2 is going real close to my pocket and to win a game with 1 shot is why I play pool.I would probably shoot the shot where the CB is now and stop it where the 2 is now.With medium speed both balls stay on my side......I also consider this primarily a defensive shot as I dont need the 2 to go to want to shoot this....

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Put the CB in the center of the table, hit the 6 about half full and drift the CB to the side rail, then foot rail in front of his pocket. The 6 will slide over to your long rail and the 15 will throw over and bank up table on your side.

This is what he should have done, he woulda won easily from here, or at least figured to.
I would never ever have taken any chance of breaking up the 2/10 balls unless I was down low near the foot rail and sending them both up table and out of play.

He deserved to lose the game hitting the 3 ball that poorly. He shot the proper shot for him, he figures to hit that shot good most of the time. If he thins it like he wanted to do and either makes it or hangs it, he probably wins the game easy.

Last edited: